• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2020
    Wow... Thanks for the info guys... Tititienne, I just used your method with a Kirlia that knows Trace... FIRST POKEMON I FOUND was an Ivysaur with Chlorophyll.. I feel stupid now haha. <3

Thank you!

You have a chance of encountering a Pokémon with its hidden ability in every safari. Use a Pokémon with a move such as Role Play to reveal your opponent's ability.

Also, when a friend whose safari you are visiting is playing Pokémon and is connected to Internet, you are sure the Pokémon you will catch have their hidden ability.
    Not true

EDIT: Your friend must have been online once at the same time as you in order for you to find Pokémon with hidden abilities.

That's probably what happened. I probably hadn't been on at the same time as her until today.

Last edited:
    Years
  • catching mewtwo

does anyone know where i can catch him in Y, i battled somebody with a mewtwo, and it was english, and the pokebank hasn't come out yet.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2013
    Hacked Pokemon?

I did a Pokedex check with the Professor and said this

"You caught 73 Pokemon, 70 here in the Kalos region"

Where did the other 3 come from? Bank isn't out! Does Friend Safari count as Caught? Does breeding?

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2013
    NOOB NEEDS EV TRAINING CLARIFICATION

^_^

Hey everyone. I just have some very general questions about EV training.

1. If I caught a lv 20 eevee and I want to max out its special attack (hoping to get jolteon), is that even possible because its already lv 20? Won't I need to reset its EV's with a level one eevee because doesnt the lv 20 already have some sort of preformed EVs?

2. I evolved my adamant magikarp (caught at lv 15) to lv 20 with exp share. If I want to max out its attack/speed will I need to use the reset bag on it to clear away any exp gained along the leveling process?

3. do we have infinit reset bags?

thanks so much guys

Emfg

Ohlong
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2023
    1. If you're asking whether pokemon you have just caught already have EVs on them when you catch them; no. EVs are gained when you gain EXP. Since pokemon you catch do not have any exp points yet, they will not have any EVs either. They do have IVs, but those are a set number EVERY pokemon has by default.

2. Yes. Unless you've already gotten his attack and speed to the max (252 EV), you do have to use a reset bag in order to remove the EVs you've accumulated throughout your journey.

3. Most likely, yeah. They're randomly given to you when your pokemon punches a blank bag (no specific bag selected). So I presume we have an infinite amount of reset bags.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2013
    it in pokemon Village in the unknown dungeon only get to battle when you defeat the Elite 4

Whitney's Shaymin

Creator Of Pokemon Grace
    Years
  • RNG'ing X & Y

I don't know if this is allowed but i'm going to post it anyways. I don't wanna be considered a cheater but I want to know if there is a RNG program for XY. It just got released but I wanna see. Anyone know?

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    you can only find Pokemon with hidden abilities within their area if they themselves are online and playing Pokemon X/Y.

Your friend HAS to be on to be able to find a Pokemon with its hidden ability.

Not true.

I ran into a Rain Dish Wartortle today while I was at school. I cannot get online while at school because of the encryption on the school's internet not allowing some handheld devices to link up to them. So I was offline and the person that has the Wartortle on his Friend Safari lives four states away.

I also found a Contrary Shuckle 5 mins ago in my Brother's friend safari and I had his 3DS and it was off.

You do not need to be online at the same time.

Years
  • can you tell a pokemons shiny from the egg?

ive recently started breeding pokemon and i was wondering if theirs a way to tell its shiny from the egg alone?

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    If I add someones FC and I don't give them mine / they don't add me back will the Safari still appear on my game?
    No they will not. You have to register one another and have to confirm the registration for them to appear.

ive recently started breeding pokemon and i was wondering if theirs a way to tell its shiny from the egg alone?

No there isn't. You have to hatch them.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2013
    How do you customize your character's face?

When I get online and see all the Passerby's, I see quite a few people with different faces, eye shapes or unique hair. I've seen people with old man face, look like the punk-rocker guys, some even look like gym leaders. How do you get to change your character like this?

Also is there a "tanning salon" or something where you can pick a different skin tone?

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I don't know if this is allowed but i'm going to post it anyways. I don't wanna be considered a cheater but I want to know if there is a RNG program for XY. It just got released but I wanna see. Anyone know?

There currently isn't a way to RNG abuse X/Y; no one's cracked the 3Ds. However, fish chaining/pokeradar and destiny knot/friend safari have made some shiny hunting and IV breeding easier.

How do you customize your character's face?

When I get online and see all the Passerby's, I see quite a few people with different faces, eye shapes or unique hair. I've seen people with old man face, look like the punk-rocker guys, some even look like gym leaders. How do you get to change your character like this?
    Click Start, click the right arrow to go right, go to Profile, click where your icon/trainer name is and look through the Public Icon options.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    As AWESOME as that would be, it's impossible. It sucks, but it's true. DX

Does anyone know where I can find or buy a Dawn Stone?

You cannot buy one. You can find one by using certain attacks on Pokemon in battle when there is a boulder in the back ground, though there are a bunch of different stones you can get this way as well. I think you can get them through Rock Smash as well.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back