• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • 1. Yes. Seems to be the same as always.

2. Nothing really. The 3DS has a code itself now for all games played on that system. You add people outside of the game with their code (3DS and X/Y are the same thing) and they add you then you're considered friends.

3. The Friend Safari is a new area you can reach after you beat the game. Every friend code is a different area with 3 Pokemon all of a certain type. Again, this depends on the person's friend code. You can get a lot of Pokemon otherwise not catchable, they sometimes have their hidden abilities, and apparently the chance of finding shinies is higher there too. Note that if the friend you add hasn't visited the Friend Safari yet or you two have not both been online at the same time at least once, you'll only be able to find 2 of the possible Pokemon in their safari.

Hope I helped~

Yes you did help thank you ^^ but the friend code needed for the friend Safari, can that be any one of them (3Ds friend code, X&Y Friend code)

Yuuto

Community Helper~
    Years
  • To clarify, there's technically no such thing as an X/Y code. It's just your 3DS code. People say X/Y code to differentiate it from the older games codes.

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2014
    How do you unlock new clothes in the game? I've seen lots of trainers with really neat clothes/outfits but all I ever get are different color variations of the same stuff. I have already beaten the game and unlocked the Lumiose boutique.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
  • Hold on—which birds are you talking about, exactly? If it's Zapdos, Articuno, and Moltres, then no, you don't encounter them on the same spot the first time; the first time you encounter them, it should be in a completely random spot, just like the way how you encountered Raikou, Suicune, and Entei in G/S/C and Latios and Latias in R/S/E. When you run into these birds for the eleventh time, though, they'll immediately fly to the Sea Spirts Den. That's the place where you can finally have them captured. Make sure to be prepared! :)

Yes I'm talking about the legendary birds, and I ran into moltres in the same spot on both my X and Y game, I found it weird my self, so I thought I would ask to make sure.

Dedenne

The Antenna Pokémon
    Years
  • How do I unlock more music in the Trainer PR video thing?

I've already unlock Music 3 for everything but my friend has more. Do i need to get even MORE stylish points?? o_o

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2018
    Someone please help me understand Online battling by answering this question.
    If I have a Slowpoke: Adamant, 252HP, 252Att, 6Def, and I level it to 50 and bring it online, will it be any inferior to someone who has the same exact pokemon + Evs AND IVs, but they level it up to 100 and bring it online?

§1

Rocket grunt
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2022
    are there any male hair styles that are unlocked after the medium perm?

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2014
    How do you unlock new clothes in the game? I've seen lots of trainers with really neat clothes/outfits but all I ever get are different color variations of the same stuff. I have already beaten the game and unlocked the Lumiose boutique.

The stock in the boutiques changes on a daily basis (i think)... Dunno if that answered your question

Years
  • Someone please help me understand Online battling by answering this question.
    If I have a Slowpoke: Adamant, 252HP, 252Att, 6Def, and I level it to 50 and bring it online, will it be any inferior to someone who has the same exact pokemon + Evs AND IVs, but they level it up to 100 and bring it online?

It should be exactly the same and it's probably half the point of online automatically changing levels to 50.

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2013
    Someone please help me understand Online battling by answering this question.

Important moves are learnt at much higher level, most of the time.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    The Team Flare person over at Laverre Town will give you a Dusk Stone only after you're done with defeating the league, not before. If you want to get yourself a Dusk Stone sooner, then you should visit the second floor of Terminus Cave. The stone is blocked by a boulder, so you'll need a Pokémon with Rock Smash to get to it. d: Another way to obtain Dusk Stone is by playing a super-training mini-game called "Watch Out! That's One Tricky Second Half." You'll need to have a Pokémon with maximized EVs, though, before you're able to play this game. Personally, I haven't played it yet, but the game does sound quite fun! :)

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2014
    Does anyone know where to find a Flying Gem, or any of the Power Gems that are not Normal? Thanks in advance.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back