• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Online level cap at 50?

Sorry for yet again another 'nooby' thread but if any of you saw my last thread I am pretty clueless when it comes to competitive play!

I read something earlier that there is a level cap of 50 online? I would appreciate any help people can give me to shine light on this subject.

Hopefully soon I will be able to actively contribute to the forum instead of just leeching information :)

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Sorry this should probably go in the battle centre, my bad!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I don't think eggs can be traded!

They can. Not on Wonder Trade or GTS though.

Anyway, the guy in Stone Imporium only sold me the Blastoiseite and Venusaurite. Do I buy the other Mega Stones here or...? Sorry I've asked a similar question before, it's just...ya know. I want more than those two, lol.

Edit: I'm having trouble finding the Manectite as well. I watched a video on where to find it, and I don't see it. So idk what could be the problem there.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2015
    Perhaps they realized a specific pokemon was too overpowered for online play (such as Aegislash?)

If Pokemon are banned from particpating in Rating Battles based off how powerful they are then that is stupid. What would be the point of leveling up and playing in the first place then? :(

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
    Years
  • There is certainly a Level 50 cap online. That rule only applies in double battles and Video Game Championships. In other battles the level cap is 100. (Unless you're doing Little Cup, which has a level cap of 5 instead)

AB-80

Been Down Since Day One.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2014
    Optimal Breeding

Hey everyone!

I'm somewhat new to the forums. Always read, never posted. But today, here I am!

This generation is the first generation I'm getting into breeding. Never really cared about it in the previous gens. But the Masuda Method intrigues me as far as shinies go. And I read all these things about people hatching hundreds and thousands of eggs, but my question is how? I have a Japanese Bulbasaur and a Ditto that I put in the daycare a couple days ago. I'm assuming when I go back there, an egg will be waiting.. but just one?

How do people get hundreds and hundreds of eggs? I think I'm missing something.
    Pokenoob. Sorry guys.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Monte Blanc

The White Rabbit
    Years
  • It's a long and tedious process, but in order to obtain those hundreds and hundreds of eggs, you need to constantly check back with the Day-Care Man and see if your Pokemon produced one.

The easiest way (In my opinion) is to ride your bike along Route 7, up to the entrance of Connecting Cave and all the way back into Camphier Town. An egg can be produced at any given time, but seems to happen more often if you change locations (As in going from Town-to-Route-to-Town). Then it's simply a matter of either depositing the egg or waiting until you can't hold anymore, depositing and repeating.

Years
  • In all online battles, all Pokemon get set to level 50 (except those that are under level 50.) I really hope they change this and bring level 100 back again :(

AB-80

Been Down Since Day One.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2014
    And pokemon only lay one egg at a time? So that means you constantly have to be checking?

Whats the average length of time if you had to guess for most to produce an egg?

Monte Blanc

The White Rabbit
    Years
  • Yupp.

And, honestly, it differs. I've gotten maybe three eggs within a two-minute period, where as other times I've had to wait five minutes to get even one since depositing my Pokemon.

Having two Pokemon with different Trainer IDs speeds up the process for getting eggs.

Pr3

Years
  • I don't think you can just sit there and wait. Pretty sure it's distance traveled = % chance an egg will be born based on compatibility with the two parents. (How much they like each other increases the % of egg chance per certain amount of steps)

§1

Rocket grunt
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2022
    also, if you use a pokemon with flamebody in your party, you can cut hatch time in half.

and yea, getting and hatching eggs requires traveling, not time.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • They can. Not on Wonder Trade or GTS though.

Anyway, the guy in Stone Imporium only sold me the Blastoiseite and Venusaurite. Do I buy the other Mega Stones here or...? Sorry I've asked a similar question before, it's just...ya know. I want more than those two, lol.

Edit: I'm having trouble finding the Manectite as well. I watched a video on where to find it, and I don't see it. So idk what could be the problem there.

Are you sure your Mega Ring was upgraded to find Mega Stones from 8-9 PM?

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I have not! Where can I do that?

After you've beaten the E4 and have battled your Rival in Kilode (friend Safari place) City (one day I swear I will learn to spell the cities right.) She tells you Professor Sycamore is looking for you at Ainstar (the place with the weird sundial.) When you go to meet him he has you touch the sundial and due to your being in the presence of the Legendary Pokemon your Mega Ring upgrades to be able to search for Mega Stones.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    Yeah, definitely stay away from high speed the reason being you want to stay in Shield form as long as possible. Using Swords Dance while in Shield Form along with King Shield is a huge threat. IMO, I believe Kings Shield is OP but, that's just my opinion....

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Yeah, definitely stay away from high speed the reason being you want to stay in Shield form as long as possible. Using Swords Dance while in Shield Form along with King Shield is a huge threat. IMO, I believe Kings Shield is OP but, that's just my opinion....
    Its OP until you run into something with Contrary or Defiant which both cancel out the attack drop and raise the attack stat by 1.

Pawniard and Bisharp are going to be natural predators for Aegislash with them having Dark attacks to slam him hard.

ramibas299

GOTTA CATCH EM' ALL!!
    Years
  • Would this Ditto be considered good enough for breeding?

Spoiler:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back