• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Give it a Soothe Bell and it goes up fairly quickly even while walking.

You can also make Juice in Lumoise to raise its happiness and there is a Pokemon massager somewhere.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2014
    Its OP until you run into something with Contrary or Defiant which both cancel out the attack drop and raise the attack stat by 1.

Pawniard and Bisharp are going to be natural predators for Aegislash with them having Dark attacks to slam him hard.

To be perfectly fair, any competitive battler should know what gets Contrary or Defiant. Example: it's your fault if you King's Shield a Malamar and then wonder why you get OHKO'd.

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2014
    Kanghaskan mega-stone, am I doing something wrong?

I know exactly where the stone is, I go there between 8 and 9 PM and it doesn't appear. Is there something I need to first, like to fly to that city with the big diamond and start something up? I already have the ring upgrade so that's not the issue there. Was just wondering if there was something specific you needed to do before hunting down those mega stones. Thanks.

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2013
    A couple of questions

- O Powers. I have been leveling my pawniard and have been using the exp boosting o power, and I've probably used it 10 times and it still hasn't leveled up, am I doing something wrong or does it just take time or what, basically how do o powers level up

- is it imperative to get everything (mostly TMs, but possibly specific pokemon) on the first playthrough or will it all be around once I finish the last badge.

- legendary pokemon, I have pokemon x (because I thought that the pokemon on the cover looked like the forest spirit) so what do I need to do to catch the legendaries, am I limited to just my master ball or can you catch it with ultra balls?

- money... Is it limitless or will I run out of trainers to battle (I do use my amulet coin on my (what does the) delphox (say) ( terrible I know) and switch it in almost always, but the TMs are getting very expensive... So should I be worried about it?

That's it for now...thanks for being leaps and bounds better than bulbagarden. That place is some trash...

Sotani

Pokemon Breeder Yuki
    Years
  • Special Abilities?

So, I know you can get Hidden abilities from some of the pokemon in the friend safaris but I also heard you can only get them when that person is online? or can you get them at any time? are they all very rare or do they have different difficulties? Does your friend have to beat the elite four (Ex: have all 3 pokemon in their safari) To have the hidden abilities unlocked? Or is there a possibility of finding them even if your friend just has two pokemon in their safari?

Years
  • You and your friend will only have to be online at the same time only once for the Pokemon in the Safari to contain their hidden abilities. After that, you can search for those Pokemon at your own leisure. I was able to get an Imposter Ditto offline because I have seen my friend online once beforehand.

Regarding the Elite Four, your friend needs to beat them in order to get their 3rd Pokemon to appear in the Friend Safari.

Vanish

Poof
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Aug 25, 2016
    If you already have the Mega Ring then you should be able to locate it. Are you positive that you have your 3DS set to the correct time (as it's a 24h clock)? That's the only thing I can think of.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    A couple of questions

- O Powers. I have been leveling my pawniard and have been using the exp boosting o power, and I've probably used it 10 times and it still hasn't leveled up, am I doing something wrong or does it just take time or what, basically how do o powers level up

- is it imperative to get everything (mostly TMs, but possibly specific pokemon) on the first playthrough or will it all be around once I finish the last badge.

- legendary pokemon, I have pokemon x (because I thought that the pokemon on the cover looked like the forest spirit) so what do I need to do to catch the legendaries, am I limited to just my master ball or can you catch it with ultra balls?

- money... Is it limitless or will I run out of trainers to battle (I do use my amulet coin on my (what does the) delphox (say) ( terrible I know) and switch it in almost always, but the TMs are getting very expensive... So should I be worried about it?

That's it for now...thanks for being leaps and bounds better than bulbagarden. That place is some trash...

You're doing nothing wrong. O-Powers level-up quite randomly. Use them as much as you can, and you should be able to get the job done eventually. Don't stress yourself too much over this. d: For me, it's taken nearly a week to finally have them leveled-up.

By the time you get up to the last gym, you should be having all TMs and HMs that are available in-game. If you feel that you've missed any, then revisit all the previous locations and see if there are any items that you've forgotten to collect.

You could catch legendary Pokémon with any type of Poké Ball that you like. Most legendaries are in caves, so, personally, I think it'd be a great idea to use Dusk Balls. Dusk Balls work quite nicely in dark places, such as tunnels and caves. I don't recommend using Master Ball, though, as it's extremely rare; save it for a special occasion.

Don't worry, money is definitely not limitless. You could collect as many of them as you wish. (: One of the fastest way to earn yourself some cash is by battling in those restaurants at Lumiose City. Depending on how well you perform in each battle, you will be rewarded with an amount of mushroom. If you sell these mushrooms to the store, you'll be getting a lot of money.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    You're doing nothing wrong. O-Powers level-up quite randomly. Use them as much as you can, and you should be able to get the job done eventually. Don't stress yourself too much over this. d: For me, it's taken nearly a week to finally have them leveled-up.

O-Power Level 1 needs to be share and use by total of 15 times to upgrade it to Level 2.
    To upgrade from Level 2 to Level 3, you must again use and share it for a total of 30 times, note that using Level 2 is the only way to upgrade it to Level 3.

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    So I played/beat X version first, and it was great. But now I'm playing Y version, and for some reason my friends don't show up in-game in the PSS. What gives?

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
  • What does ''Connecting cave'' connect ???

Connecting Cave has two parts. Both parts connect to Route 7 (west of Camphrier). The only part you can pass through initially is the southern half, which leads to Route 8 and Ambrette Town. The northern half of Connecting Cave, only passable with Strength (and possibly only from the other end, if memory serves me right) connects with Cyllage City.

in Fish Chaining, how many pokemon do you need to encounter before finding a Shiny?

There's no set number. You didn't think it would be that easy, did you?

Reactions: Sun
    Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2014
    If you already have the Mega Ring then you should be able to locate it. Are you positive that you have your 3DS set to the correct time (as it's a 24h clock)? That's the only thing I can think of.

Alright I'll see if I can change the clock to a 24 hour one... but it does get dark at night in my game, plus I've put over 200 hours into Animal Crossing with no problem.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    So I played/beat X version first, and it was great. But now I'm playing Y version, and for some reason my friends don't show up in-game in the PSS. What gives?

My friends showed when I restarted my X as they went online in PSS. I guess yours will appear too, as long as they didn't delete yours or vice versa.

Alright I'll see if I can change the clock to a 24 hour one... but it does get dark at night in my game, plus I've put over 200 hours into Animal Crossing with no problem.

Check your Visitor Message, I had the answer posted there. :)

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back