• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    Pokerus goes away in 1-4 days if the infected Pokemon is in the team. It won't go away when it's sent to the PC.

I think it's better to walk around with a Pokerus-infected Pokemon with the Pokemon you plan to infect to help spread the virus among the team.

Thank you so much! I see what you mean now. It spread to the nearby pokemon. This way, I can keep newly infected pokemon in the PC and keep it going! ^_^

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2013
    Ice Punch is NOT one of Riolu's egg moves. It's a move tutor move that Lucario has had since Platinum. As of now, Ice Punch Lucario is illegal until Poke Transfer has been released.

Wait im lost
    So is a riolu with ice lunch possible or not

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Where has this word illegal come from? Just not possible (unless egg moves have changed, which is a possibility).

Illegal means if you have one in XY that knows the said move, then obviously someone cheated, right? {XD}
    Well of course when PokeBank's available it's a different case. :)

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2014
    LF help and information

Hi this will be my second post on this wonderful site and i hope
    i am putting it in the right place, my apologies if its not. This will
    be a long read so bare with me please.

Thanks to a few of the very nice and helpful people from this
    site i was able to hatch a team of what i think might be the base
    of a competitive team in the making. I made a few trades and was
    up most of the night hatching eggs.

I want to know how i should train these pokemon, should i grind on wild pokemon
    or go to the battle mansion and fight trainers to get their levels up a little before
    using super training or training bags? or should i use super training and training bags
    first while they are still level 1?

Should i make them wear the power items that you purchase with BP? I have most
    of them already but not entirely sure how they work. Is the speed reduction permanent
    loss like a hindering nature to speed or is it just a temporary decrease while holding the item?
    I tried using them once before and did not notice any results at all but i may have been using
    them wrong.

Should i fully train this team asap and then hatch with them and try to pass along their stats?
    does passing along the stats make the offspring of the fully trained pokemon fully trained as well
    or is the stats that are passed along considered natural and it can be trained even further in
    what it inherited from its parent? should i use the power items or the destiny knot item to pass the
    stats on?

Should i train up one stat on each pokemon or should i spread the stats out some and train in two
    or three stats per pokemon?

My team is the event torchic which is now a level 74 Naive Combusken
    lvl 1 Sassy Goomy with Gooey (My special wall)
    lvl 1 Timid Larvesta with flame body (My bulky sweeper)
    lvl 1 Timid Froakie with protean (My special sweeper)
    lvl 1 Bold Spiritomb with pressure (physical wall and status inflictor for garchomps)
    lvl 1 Timid Togepi with serene grace (My special sweeper and to take care of my fairy needs hopefully)

I would love any and all ideas for possible move sets for these guys and to know exactly how to train them
    down to the last detail so i know i did everything i possibly could to make this team as lethal as it possibly can be.

I like the move set on my combusken. Protect as the opener to get a free uninterupted speed boost off
    at the start of the fight and every other turn, High jump kick, Brave bird & flare blitz.
    all 3 moves have power 120 or greator. He OHKO most anything accept for garchomps.

I have a idea for what i want Spiritomb's moveset to be. Will-o-wisp because burn cuts attack
    stat in half allowing him to be a even more annoying physical wall and infestation to prevent
    switching and to have a second damage over time effect on the target but no idea what i want
    the other two moves to be. I might give him my leftovers to hold.

No idea what i want to do for the rest or what items to use for them.
    Ok i am done typing. sorry for the long read and i hope to read some amazing answers later on.
    Thank you for your time.

I would also like to know what pokemon or moves are banned from competitive play?
    Like is yawn forbidden because i never see anyone using it over hypnosis as a sleep
    inducing move?

I would also like to state i refuse to use legendary pokemon or garchomp even if they
    are legal to use in competitive play but i would like to know which ones i will most likely
    be facing if they are legal so i can be prepared for them.

Last edited:

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    If I were to somehow miss out on the Strange Souvenir (say, going to Geosenge early and talking to the hiker once before leaving, then returning after beating Grant only to discover all he says is how Kalos is not bad), would it be possible to obtain it at a later date?

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2014
    I can help with some of this while I wait for my DS battery to charge.
    First, look around this site for some excellent guides on EV's and IV's and learn the difference between the two.
    When you get the Pokemon you want to train, and their IV's and natures are to your liking, use Super Training, or grind by killing hordes of wild pokemon to get EV stats. Seribii has a listing of horde locations and what EV yield they provide. Use EXP Share for this and have your trainees wear power items. The speed reduction is only they are wearing the items.
    When EV training, the general consensus is to put the maximum amout of EV points into two attributes, like Attack and Speed for a Physical attacker, or HP and Def for a Physical Wall.
    After EV training, Battle Chateau or Elite 4 are good for gaining levels, again with EXP Share. Battle Maison does not provide EXP. Restaurants in Lumiose City are also good for EXp and cash.
    As far as Movesets and EV spreads are concerned, you can look on Smogon for good sets. Their setups are a good starting point. Look at their builds and tweak them to fit your play style and experience level.
    Above all, experiment and have fun. Ask questions when you need to, but remember you can answer most questions with liberal use of your favorite search engine.
    Hope I could help.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    If I were to somehow miss out on the Strange Souvenir (say, going to Geosenge early and talking to the hiker once before leaving, then returning after beating Grant only to discover all he says is how Kalos is not bad), would it be possible to obtain it at a later date?

My knowledge tells me the Bagbacker would not leave the game, in fact I got mine during post-game. ;)
    X/Y Quick Q&A

Years
  • I have a question guys! :)

I haven't fully levelled up my dream team yet, but they have all been EV Trained and have their movesets, if I go into online battles now, will I be at any disadvantage at all? I mean, is it worth me levelling them up BEFORE I fight online etc. or can I still just go at my own pace?

Thanks. :)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I have a question guys! :)

I haven't fully levelled up my dream team yet, but they have all been EV Trained and have their movesets, if I go into online battles now, will I be at any disadvantage at all? I mean, is it worth me levelling them up BEFORE I fight online etc. or can I still just go at my own pace?

Thanks. :)

In Wi-Fi battles, there's an option to set your Pokemon to level 50 for the battle, so you can still go at your own pace.

BadPokemon

Child of Christ
    Years
  • Just a few questions and I need help

I am seriously thinking about getting Pokemon X or Y, but I don't have a DS. I also haven't played pokemon in 3 years and it is considered "nerdy" in my school. Some kids could be a little rough. I was thinking about the 2ds. Does the trading and battling other people still work even if they are on a 3ds?

What version should I get: X or Y? I wanted Y, but then I saw a video where the X deer legendary pokemon thingy beat the Y black bird legendary thingy in 2 moves! Is this game worth all the money? My birthday is in a few weeks, too.

What is the friend code thing where I can trade and battle with people? Is the gts work? I remember in Diamond and SoulSilver I could figure it out and was weird. How do I connect to the internet with the 2ds? What is the mystery gift? Can someone also explain to me the differences between X and Y please? Sorry for the long post and if this has already been posted. I hope to make some new friends with this awesome looking game!! Thank you!!!

Edit: Please don't spoil the game. I am also choosing Froakie. How does the pokemon Amie work? How do I obtain the mystery gift?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2013
    I think the trading and battling should still work because from what I know the only difference between the 2DS and 3DS is that the 2DS has no 3D and doesn't fold, but it should still read the 3DS game card the same way so I don't see any reason why the functioning of the game would be different. But if you're still not sure then someone who has tried this on a 2DS may be able to answer.

And between X and Y... have you seen a list of version exclusives? Which list has the Pokémon you like better? Just because Pokémon X can beat Pokémon Y in two moves without the reverse happening so easily does *not* mean that Pokémon X is necessarily "better" than Y... in the case of Xerneas and Yveltal, Xerneas is a Fairy type and Yveltal is Dark and Flying, and thus Xerneas has the advantage in this way (Fairy is strong against Dark and neutral to Flying), but Xerneas will not easily beat a Pokémon like Venusaur, a Grass·Poison type with a resistance to Fairy attacks, while Yveltal can defeat Venusaur easily with its Flying attacks.

I haven't yet tried to set up a Friend Code so someone else may explain how to do so, or you can look up instructions about them.

The Pokémon-Amie has some minigames where you can play with Pokémon, and it's how Eevee evolves into Sylveon, a fact that one usually has to resort to a guide to find out.

Reactions: Sun

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Thank you! Sorry I don't know much about pokemon.

Also can I get a ponyta in x and y?

You might be able to catch Ponyta in Friend Safari, of course that depends if your Safari has it.
    That Safari I mentioned is a post-game location, so don't worry to much about it if you just started your adventure!
    Have fun! ^^

NRG

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2015
    I accidentally released the magmars holding my everstone and destiny knot. >.>

I know I can get everstones from geodudes, but where in lumiose city do i get the second destiny knot? (I lost the cyllage city one).

Also, why the hell aren't they for sale at the battle maison? *rage*

EDIT:

found it. It's on South Boulevard, directly opposite the entrance to route 4. you go into the alley and fight the girl, she has a level 34 fletchinder. When she loses you get a destiny knot and she disappears, saying she'll be back. If you leave the alley and re-enter it you can fight her again and again and get a dknot each time.

now for an everstone..

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2013
    question, who can outspeeds a mega gengar or how to counter one?
    and what nature?

thanks

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • question, who can outspeeds a mega gengar or how to counter one?
    and what nature?

thanks

Mega Gengar's Speed is 130. That's just as much as Crobat, Jolteon and Aerodactyl. Mega Aerodactyl naturally outspeeds Mega Gengar with a Speed of 150. Nothing can truly counter Mega Gengar, but here are some that come close:
    -Scizor can Bullet Punch a weakened Mega Gengar, hit it hard with Pursuit as it switches or U-turn to an appropriate counter
    -Aegislash can pick off weakened Mega Gengar with Shadow Sneak
    -Fast Choice Scarf users also check/counter Mega Gengar too.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back