• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 31, 2014
    Is it possible for me to get a zubat and/or gligar with hidden abilities? neither appear in safaris and i dont know if they appear in hordes, to my knowledge those are the only 2 ways to get hidden abilities. if im wrong, please. please tell me .-.

WarriorCat

Monotype lover!!!!!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jul 30, 2014
    Is it possible for me to get a zubat and/or gligar with hidden abilities? neither appear in safaris and i dont know if they appear in hordes, to my knowledge those are the only 2 ways to get hidden abilities. if im wrong, please. please tell me .-.

Zubat hordes are in Connecting Cave and Gligar hordes are on Route 19.

This should help you if you need more info. :)
    https://www.serebii.net/xy/hordes.shtml

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Will people be able to bring Pokegen'd Pokemon through Pokebank? Just asking.

I assume that as long as their Natures, Pokeball that caught them, IVs, OTID, OT trainer, nicknames, Pokerus and other PID related things are not altered/added by PokeGen or Pokesav. I think you can migrate them to Gen VI games. But of course it is NOT encouraged to migrate any edited or hacked Pokemon. {:3}

How soon can you start breeding, exactly? I know you gain access to the Day Care shortly after getting the first badge, but I read somewhere that you can only leave one Pokemon there until obtaining a few more badges. Is this true?

You can start breeding Pokemon after you woke Snorlax on Route 7.

soreninja

Dat Tongue Scarf tho...
    Years
  • Hi! I play Pokemon X, but there's one thing, one of my friends is a Y player, and when I connect to the PSS, I don't see him. Are you only allowed to battle/trade x players?

WhtKnt

Budding Breeder & Trainer
    Years
  • So, I have what is most likely a dumb question.. but it deals with Breeding. Now, I have an Eevee with Defense, Special Defense, and Speed that I just acquired from Wonder Trade -- which is my second best trade from WT; first being my Japanese Ditto. When is a good recommended time to start breeding for IVs to start EV training the ideal Competitive Battle Team? Before, or after the Pokemon League?

I only ask, because I've been breeding Squirtles and Bulbasaurs for my fiancee and my brother, and 4 out of 5 of their base stats at level 1 are 6, and the other one is 5 -- not sure if that's good or what.

Any insight would be great. Again, sorry if this is a stupid question. >.>

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    So, I have what is most likely a dumb question.. but it deals with Breeding. Now, I have an Eevee with Defense, Special Defense, and Speed that I just acquired from Wonder Trade -- which is my second best trade from WT; first being my Japanese Ditto. When is a good recommended time to start breeding for IVs to start EV training the ideal Competitive Battle Team? Before, or after the Pokemon League?

I only ask, because I've been breeding Squirtles and Bulbasaurs for my fiancee and my brother, and 4 out of 5 of their base stats at level 1 are 6, and the other one is 5 -- not sure if that's good or what.

Any insight would be great. Again, sorry if this is a stupid question. >.>

If I were to EV train any of my Pokémon (or breed them for IVs), I would do it after I'm done with defeating the Pokémon League. Once you're done with the league, you're pretty much finished with the main storyline; you have nothing to distract you from achieving your personal goals. d: After Pokémon League, only thing you're left with is the Looker side-story, where you help Looker to solve a big mystery. That isn't very important, though. You could get into it any time you like.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Hi! I play Pokemon X, but there's one thing, one of my friends is a Y player, and when I connect to the PSS, I don't see him. Are you only allowed to battle/trade x players?

You can trade and battle each other, but first you must register each other's 3DS Friendcode.
    X/Y Quick Q&A

Press that button from your own 3DS system, you can see yours and add your friend's FC there! :)

After that, both of you must online in PSS. If none of you did, then of course you can not see each other!

Hope that help! ;)

Just wondering... are the Pokemon in the Battle Maison EV trained?

No one can verify that yet. However Battle Tower, Battle Subway from the previous Generations actually had theirs specifically stats EV trained, or that was the result that I got from my research across the web. So you can assume that the Pokemon in Battle Maison should be the same too. {:3}

Last edited:

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Nobody knows for sure yet, but since the chain continues even after you've encountered the shiny, I'm guessing you could. It may take you double the chaining numbers, though. For example, if you ran into a shiny Pokémon at about thirty chains, then you probably won't be able to encounter another one until you reach sixty. That's just a prediction, though. I've never stumbled into two shinies in one chain, personally, but definitely could have if I tried. Shiny chaining takes a lot of time, patience, and motivation, which simply I lack. d:

Ok. thanks, i have patience to get them at 40 but i don't know about 80. I may just chain the same pokemon twice then. Thanks for the help :)

Frazzevous

Impulsive lil' kitty
    Years
  • No one can verify that yet. However Battle Tower, Battle Subway from the previous Generations actually had theirs specifically stats EV trained, or that was the result that I got from my research across the web. So you can assume that the Pokemon in Battle Maison should be the same too. {:3}

No wonder the Pokemon from the Supers became... noticeably (maybe even drastically) super-ified. ._. Thank you for enlightening me. ^^

Reactions: Sun

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
  • Hopefully this will be alright here, I'm sure someone had to have asked at some point.

This is just some quick information about changes to Pokeradar this gen, all speculation but I've tested it all and it works for me. Feel free to try it yourself and see what results you get. ^.^

Edge patches do not seem to mess up your chain, though I've come close by only getting 1 patch to shake after an edge encounter. After you finish an edge encounter battle, make sure to reset immediately and don't go into any patches until you do.

Patches at least 2 steps away seem to be fine, as opposed to 4 from 4th gen. I've tested this a lot and never had any problems, but again different people can have different results.

Each shiny encounter in a chain completely resets your shiny encounter rate. Again just from my experience, but after 200+ resets at 41, I didn't get any more shiny patches.

Also, from my own experience, Pokemon get 1 perfect IV in increments of 20 during a chain. At a 20 chain, you will begin to find Pokemon with 1 perfect IV, then at 40, 2 perfect IVs, at 60 they will have 3 perfect IVs. I can't confirm any higher than this, but I believe it keeps going, possibly even up to 6 IVs.

Again, hopefully this helps other people using the radar, good luck, happy hunting. :D

Years
  • If a Pokémon's got its back turned on you, then it's most likely distracted. You need to do something to grab its attention. Try poking it on its back by tapping the screen. Do it as fast as you can. When you do, it should turn around immediately. (: If it doesn't, then your screen's sensitivity might be a bit low. Try tapping a little harder. If none of this work, then shout at it through the mic. Don't do it too loudly, though. If your game still freezes, then exit the Amie and try re-entering with a different Pokémon.

Ohmygod thank you so much! Tapping the pokemon quickly worked. =]

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2016
    Pokemon X and Y: Physical/Digital dilemma.

I currently own Pokemon Y the physical copy, and wanted to get Pokemon X the digital (downloadable) version but heard some people had problems in the game and problems while saving.

Anyone here had a similar experience, or is it just a myth?

Help is surely appreciated.

Princess Diana

the people's princess
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Last time I heard, a patch had been issued for the saving issues.

I own physical X and digital Y. :)

Quinn

Shall we get down to business?
    Years
  • I have never herd any thing like this, i always go physical copy's. but the digital copy's i have from nintendo all work just fine for me of other games. Seeing also that nintendo has come out with several updates i'm sure if this was a problem they would hop on it. If your very worried about it though there was that 3DS update were you can back up your save files.

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2016
    You guys are awesome! I can now get the digital copy of X and re-enjoy Kalos once again!
    Thanks! :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back