• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Can a pokemon escape a critical capture after the ball shakes once? I got a crit throw on a mantyke but it escaped after shaking once.

I thought it was a sure thing after it shakes once?

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Are there certain conditions for pokemon trainers in lumiose city to appear or is it random. I'm trying to add some entries to the pokedex but I'm not finding trainers where they're supposed to be...

If it is random does it change daily?

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2014
    What's the best place to level up a pokemon post game? I heard the restaurants work well but I tried it once and all the trainers I battled with level 30s. All mine are 70ish

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Are there certain conditions for pokemon trainers in lumiose city to appear or is it random? I'm trying to add some entries to the
    pokedex but I'm not finding trainers where they're supposed to be...
    If it is random does it change daily?

They don't change; you're battling the same trainers. They disappear every now and then, and once they return, you're able to battle them again. (: I've battled one of these trainers four times already. Can't seem to remember her name was, though, but I do recall what Pokémon she had—it was Krokorok.

Reactions: Sun
    Years
  • For pokemon breeding, can a pokemon breed with its grandparents? I heard parents are unable to breed with their children so is it the same for grandchildren?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • For pokemon breeding, can a pokemon breed with its grandparents? I heard parents are unable to breed with their children so is it the same for grandchildren?
    Yes it's possible to do that. Any Pokemon can breed with anything belonging to their respective egg groups except for baby Pokemon, Nidorina, Nidoqueen and the vast majority of legendaries.
    Is egg hatching restricted to walking/running only?

I'm afraid so, yes.

soreninja

Dat Tongue Scarf tho...
    Years
  • It's me again, I have a friend who is a Y player and she hasa ditto, but when I explore her friend safari, there is no ditto and there is only 2 pokemon in the summary of her FS. When she also checked my FS, my 3rd pokemon in my safari is also missing, what's the problem?
    (Hope you understand what I say because my english is bad)

It's me again, I have a friend who is a Y player and she hasa ditto, but when I explore her friend safari, there is no ditto and there is only 2 pokemon in the summary of her FS. When she also checked my FS, my 3rd pokemon in my safari is also missing, what's the problem?
    (Hope you understand what I say because my english is bad)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2014
    I have some questions:

Once a TM is used (in X/Y) on a pokemon, is it gone forever?

Are there moves/ pokemon that are generally considered unfair in competitive battle (i.e., maybe double team or something)?

If you breed a pokemon....how do you know if it will acquire the moves of the father, or which moves?

Thanks!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I have some questions:

Are there moves/ pokemon that are generally considered unfair in competitive battle (i.e., maybe double team or something)?

If you breed a pokemon....how do you know if it will acquire the moves of the father, or which moves?

Thanks!

1. TMs are reusable, just like in Gen V

2. Some moves are banned in standard play, like Double Team, by the metagame.

3. Look up Serebii or Bulbapedia and find out for yourself what "Egg moves" that particular Pokemon has.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I have some questions:

Thanks!

TMs have infinite use again :).

'Egg moves' will be passed on to the offspring by (I believe) both parents now. You can check serebii for a list of egg moves that can be bred forwards. TMs are not included as egg moves if the species can learn it anyway, for the above reason.

Is egg hatching restricted to walking/running only?

Walking, running, rollarblading or cycling will do the job.

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2014
    The effects of affection make your Pokemon land more critical hits and avoid certain status moves from time to time during the main game. However, does this apply to the online matches? Debating whether or not it would be worth it to spend the time and raise their affection in pokemon amie.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2014
    1. TMs are reusable, just like in Gen V

2. Some moves are banned in standard play, like Double Team, by the metagame.

3. Look up Serebii or Bulbapedia and find out for yourself what "Egg moves" that particular Pokemon has.

Thanks, is there a list anywhere of what pokemon (i.e. legendaries) might be banned, as well as what moves - or has that not been decided yet?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back