• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • nope shouldnt matter.. is the ditto foreign? if not it will take a lot longer to get a shiny.. even if it is foreign( japanese, french, italian) it still a crap shoot. i have 9 boxes of froakies and still no shiny.. it takes time and patience but ive heard its worth the wait...

Gizmo-Dude17

"Sorry, don't mind me."
    Years
  • I'm not sure, but that most likely/probably doesn't effect your chanses of a shiny at all. Nor have I ever heard of anything like that effecting the game in any way (awhile breeding pokemon). good luck though!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2013
    Mega Alakazam...better than Life Orb+MG?

I'm quite partial to the gen 5 Life Orb + Magic Guard Alakazam, he was one of my favorite special attackers in the game. And I'm going to place him back into my gen 6 team atleast for now...but is it worth attaching the Life Orb? or should I go for the Mega Alakazam? Which is more powerful in the long run? Do you guys have any insight?

I run a Calm Mind offensive set...with or without sub

Gizmo-Dude17

"Sorry, don't mind me."
    Years
  • nope shouldnt matter.. is the ditto foreign? if not it will take a lot longer to get a shiny.. even if it is foreign( japanese, french, italian) it still a crap shoot. i have 9 boxes of froakies and still no shiny.. it takes time and patience but ive heard its worth the wait...

Right!? But, I have heard, and seen videos of where people find a pokemon egg to be a shiny only after 20 eggs! Ugh! Lucky persons! >_>

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'm quite partial to the gen 5 Life Orb + Magic Guard Alakazam, he was one of my favorite special attackers in the game. And I'm going to place him back into my gen 6 team atleast for now...but is it worth attaching the Life Orb? or should I go for the Mega Alakazam? Which is more powerful in the long run? Do you guys have any insight?

I run a Calm Mind offensive set...with or without sub

In my opinion, you'd be better off going with Mega Alakazam. Regular Alakazam may out rank its mega form offensively while holding onto Life Orb, but Mega Alakazam is much faster. Not only that, but it's also got better defensive stats, so opponents won't be having such an easy time trying to take it down.

Also, I'm merging this with quick Q&A; it doesn't need to have its own thread. d:

Merged.

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2013
    Looking for help

Hey guys I think I found a bug in pokemon x and y and just want to test it out. I need someone to help me with it though. Mssg me back if your interested and have an hour to kill. Add my fc and msg me on here. Thanks!

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
    Years
  • Question about iv breeding:
    I have a Fletchling(male) with 31 at HP/ATK/SPEED and a fletchinder with 31 DEF/SPEEDand Gale Wings(female)
    I wanna go for a 31/31/31/??/31/31 Talonflame so i gave fletchling the everstone to pass down the Adamant and fletchinder the destiny knot.Then once i hatch a fletchling with 31 IVS at HP ATK DEF SPEED Male with Gale wings i am gonna take out thefletchinder with the destiny knot(female)take a ditto with 31 at special def,give it the destiny knot and breed it with the Fletcchling(male with gale wings) that has 31 at everything except SpAtk and SpDef.Then i will continue breeding till i find the one i want.
    Is there something wrong with that method?
    I have been breeding my Male fletchling max HP ATK SPEED with my Fletchinder Female with gale wings max Def Speed(destiny knot)for an hour and i havent gotten a single one that has max HP ATK DEF SPEED.

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
    Years
  • Question about iv breeding:
    I have a Fletchling(male) with 31 at HP/ATK/SPEED and a fletchinder with 31 DEF/SPEEDand Gale Wings(female)
    I wanna go for a 31/31/31/??/31/31 Talonflame so i gave fletchling the everstone to pass down the Adamant and fletchinder the destiny knot.Then once i hatch a fletchling with 31 IVS at HP ATK DEF SPEED Male with Gale wings i am gonna take out thefletchinder with the destiny knot(female)take a ditto with 31 at special def,give it the destiny knot and breed it with the Fletcchling(male with gale wings) that has 31 at everything except SpAtk and SpDef.Then i will continue breeding till i find the one i want.
    Is there something wrong with that method?
    I have been breeding my Male fletchling max HP ATK SPEED with my Fletchinder Female with gale wings max Def Speed(destiny knot)for an hour and i havent gotten a single one that has max HP ATK DEF SPEED.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2014
    Could anyone help me find a few shiny values for my eggs please? Thank you!
    I have the program, and I can check your eggs for you if you like as well.

Question about iv breeding:
    etc...

It not a bad method, but it will take a long time. couple hours at least.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I've got a question regarding consecutive fishing.

Yesterday, I started consecutive fishing and three times, I had a chain of about 30 to 50 Pokémon. But no shiny yet. I heard it was fairly easy to catch a shiny via consecutive fishing but how long does the chain have to be in order to encounter a shiny?

NRG

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2015
    If a politoed with drizzle holds a damp rock will it increase the number of turns the rain falls for, or is it's effect restricted to rain dance?

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I've got a question regarding consecutive fishing.

Yesterday, I started consecutive fishing and three times, I had a chain of about 30 to 50 Pokémon. But no shiny yet. I heard it was fairly easy to catch a shiny via consecutive fishing but how long does the chain have to be in order to encounter a shiny?

There's no set point where you will get a shiny, but (supposedly) the chances of getting a shiny increase with each consecutive pull. The odds will still be low, just better than normal.

I had lots of chains that size, never had a shiny, then today I was fishing to fill a pokedex and got a shiny Staryu on the 5th pull. So yeah... pretty random.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2015
    So, I'm at the unkempt part of route 6, & I've heard that there are Pokémon that are found in patches of shaking grass. Is finding a patch of shaking grass in X/Y work the same way as in B/W?

Essentia

error
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2015
    So, I'm at the unkempt part of route 6, & I've heard that there are Pokémon that are found in patches of shaking grass. Is finding a patch of shaking grass in X/Y work the same way as in B/W?

No, the shaking bushes are located in the middle path of the route. They shake at random and a Pokémon will jump at you if you walk close to them.

NeonGeaso

Neon
    Years
  • Ok what just happend?!?

Ok so 3 1/2 weeks ago i caught a shiny skorupi. We all know that shiny are now a bit more common. So after i beat the game and everything i decide to start training it. and then it reaches level 40. then it evolves!!! Fun stuff right? Nope 'cause the evolved drapion lost its shiny color. in my opinion i think it might be a glitch because now it does not look like this
    X/Y Quick Q&A
    instead its the regular old purple Drapion. if you think it might be a glitch let me know in my profile or the thread. If its a newly discoverd glitch lets solve it!!

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
    Years
  • Just reset your game and evolve it again. Also report it to Nintendo. Take a pic of its summary and send it to them along with it, including where you evolved it.
    And nope, never heard of it xD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back