• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2016
    Hacked Pokemon Passing the PokeBank "Test"!!

I was just barely on the GTS a few minutes ago looking at dittos. I was looking at to 1-10 lvl dittos and there was a ditto at lvl 1!! Check for yourself, It is not hard to miss since it's shiny too. I'm pretty sure it is impossible to get lvl 1 dittos. Does this mean some hacked pokemon are making it passed the test?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'm not completely sure, but hacked Pokémon should be able to get through as long as they look a bit legitimate. If they are badly hacked though (such when they have 999 stats, an ability they cannot have, moves that they cannot learn, etc.), then PokéBank could detect them pretty easily and start rejecting. d:

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I was just barely on the GTS a few minutes ago looking at dittos. I was looking at to 1-10 lvl dittos and there was a ditto at lvl 1!! Check for yourself, It is not hard to miss since it's shiny too. I'm pretty sure it is impossible to get lvl 1 dittos. Does this mean some hacked pokemon are making it passed the test?

Pokemon that are hacked but still legitimate are getting through because it HAS to. If it has legitimate Ivs, EVs (so the total doesn't surpass 510) and abilites it is technically possible to have, how can the pokebank filter it from other legitimate pokemon? There are pokemon stretching back to 2002 and each region has different TMs, LEvel up moves and move tutors. On top of that, how many worldwide giveaways of pokemon have there been? Not all of the giveaway pokemon have been legitimate (some know moves they can't know, some have their hidden abilities that can't be attained any other way, and so on) so if the pokebank filtered out pokemon by criteria other than EV spread or abilities or things like that, they would also be filtering out legitimate illegitimate pokemon as well. The programs that make hacked pokemon know this so they have options to only create pokemon within set guidelines so they appear legitimate.

So right now there is no way to get a Snivy with Contrary, so say the Pokebank filtered out all the Snivy's with this ability. What if Nintendo started giving out Contrary snivys with Sacred Fire? Pokebank would block all their own giveaway pokemon. And sure it can be argued that Nintendo could just keep track of those pokemon and only let those through, but what about breeding? The offspring Snivy would have contrary, but wouldn't be the one given away, so there would be no way to tell the difference between that and a hacked pokemon. On top of that, Nintendo would need to have a list of EVERY giveaway pokemon for the last 11 years and a running list of every possible move combination for every possible pokemon ever sent to the GTS and my Gen 3 Gastly that could learn this move in Gen 3 can't learn it in Gen 6, so my first one can get freely traded but my second one doesn't? Just signing up for accounts this past christmas shut down the nintendo networks, what would checking every combination of almost 4000 pokemon (3000 for Pokebank, 930 for in game X and Y) for the tens of millions of players every single time a trade took place do to the servers?

Basically, just because a pokemon can't be found in game at level 1 doesn't mean it can't be given away. Just because there's no way to get a Smeargle in game with Happy Hour doesn't mean that it can't be given away. If the stats, IVs, EVs and ability are all legitimately within guidelines, that's basically all tehy can realistically check, because everything else is technically possibly as Nintendo gives away impossible pokemon all the time. I wouldn't say the hack checks aren't working until you get a Raichu with Wonder Guard traded to you. A Raichu that knows Frenzy Plant is possible, just not in game. Any pokemon could come with any move. Any pokemon could have any IV from 0 - 31 in any stat. Any Pokemon can have a maximum of 510 EVs. As long as the pokemon has these criteria, everything else is possible so the pokebank would have to let them through.

...also if that Ditto is hacked it likely has perfect IVs, any chance you would want to grab one and trade it with me? I have all but two of the starters with their hidden ability! for trade lol! ;-)

Cybertech44

Android App Developer
    Years
    Anyone with PokeBank talk to the Genesect NPC yet?

I'm reading on the Pokemon Bank website and in the "Special Kalos Events" section, they show images of all 4 NPCs that ask you in game for specific legendaries, Genesect, Kyurem, Shaymin, and Tornadus.

Has anyone with Pokemon Bank and also with these legendaries try to talk to these NPCs yet? Any kind of event happen?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    There's some youtube videos of Deoxys and his transformations s well as Whatever the two pokemon that combine using the DNA splicers, the rest are probably there too, I never looked.

Cybertech44

Android App Developer
    Years
    Howmander said:
    There's some youtube videos of Deoxys and his transformations s well as Whatever the two pokemon that combine using the DNA splicers, the rest are probably there too, I never looked.

Ok, thanks for the response. I found most of them on YouTube.

You get Genesect's four drives, the DNA Splicer for Kyurem to fuse with either Reshiram or Zekrom, and you can get the Reveal Glass to change the forms of Tornadus, Landorus, and Thundurus. Still have to search for Shaymin.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    ok, quickie question.
    i'm currently hunting shinies sing the pokeradar.
    we know the music changes while doing this chain hunting, right?

but what does it mean if the music then changed into a more upbeat music?
    like, what is this? o.o

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Anyone have any theories on what the deal is with Piplup, Turtwig and Chimchar on the GTS and Wondertrade? I have been handed Iron Fist Chimchars seemingly left and right with no end, but it's been two days of trading and I cannot get a single Turtwig or Piplup with their hidden abilities? Are they more in demand than Chimchar? Are they less in demand so Chimchar is the only one being bred? What? Any ideas?

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2016
    I believe a girl gives that to you in one of the PokéCenters, at least I remember her talking about the flower. I think it was in either Anistar or Snowbelle, possibly in Courail Town.

EDIT: I just checked, and it's Snowbelle.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Anyone have any theories on what the deal is with Piplup, Turtwig and Chimchar on the GTS and Wondertrade? I have been handed Iron Fist Chimchars seemingly left and right with no end, but it's been two days of trading and I cannot get a single Turtwig or Piplup with their hidden abilities? Are they more in demand than Chimchar? Are they less in demand so Chimchar is the only one being bred? What? Any ideas?

I believe its because Iron Fist Chimchar is better competitively than Piplup and Turtwig. The heavy breeding is usually done for those Pokemon that they plan to use in online play. While Defiant is good in its own right, its not great on Piplup...and Shell Armor is just a waste on Turtwig. So the controversial Fire/Fighting Starter gets more love in competition.

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    all this talk of hacked Pokemon has me worried. I'd rather not receive any hacked pokemon to complete my pokedex. Is there any other way to know if some Pokemon are not legitimate?

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Does anyone know if multiple Amulet Coins/Luck Incenses stack?

all this talk of hacked Pokemon has me worried. I'd rather not receive any hacked pokemon to complete my pokedex. Is there any other way to know if some Pokemon are not legitimate?
    I thought I'd give an answer since I don't want the question to get buried, but I'm not 100% sure. Obviously if there are illegal moves or abilities it's easy to check, but I don't believe there's a sure-fire way to check.

Is it posible to clone on 6th gen?
    Yes there are videos on Youtube, it's a bit tricky to explain.

Years
    Hi. Can anyone please explain the difference between attack and special attack?

Also, defense and special defense?

What is the nature feature real purpose?

How do you unlock the third Pokèmon in the Friend Safari?

How can I obtain the level 3 hatching power? Is there a concise... thorough guide around?

Thank you.

More quick questions will become available when I run into something I don't know.

**EDIT**

What is IV and EV. Can someone clearly explain?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Hi. Can anyone please explain the difference between attack and special attack?

Also, defense and special defense?

What is the nature feature real purpose?

How do you unlock the third Pokèmon in the Friend Safari?

How can I obtain the level 3 hatching power? Is there a concise... thorough guide around?

Thank you.

More quick questions will become available when I run into something I don't know.

**EDIT**

What is IV and EV. Can someone clearly explain?

- there's two types of attacks, physical and special. (Think of them like physical and magic) each attack in the summary screen either has a red and yellow star pattern next to the attack name, or a blue and white circle pattern next to the attack name. The red ones are Physical attacks, the blue ones are special attacks. Physical attacks derive tehir power from the Attack stat, Special attacks derive tehir power from the Special Attack Stat. To defend against these, Defense stats lessen the damage from physical attacks, Special Defense lessen the damage from Special Attacks

- To unlock the third position in the friend safari, that friend needs to have beaten the Elite 4. Once they have been online at least once at the same time as you, then the pokemon appearing in their friend safari can start getting their Hidden Abilities.

- To unlock lv 3 of any power you simply need to use it. You need to find the lv 1 of the O powers throughout teh game, but once you have it, jsut keep using it. The more you use it, eventually it will level up.

- Every pokemon of the same species (so every Raichu, every Darumaka, etc) all have the same stats as each other. IVs are hidden numbers ranging from 0 -31 that are randomly generated for each stat so at level 100 that stat could have up to 31 more points in that stat. Each pokemon gets different IVs the moment they are generated and that's what makes each one different. EVs are invisible points you give the pokemon either through battling or through super training. When you battle specific pokemon, they award you hidden points based on the pokemon (so every time you fight a Zigzagoon, you get 1 EV point in speed, every time you fight a Scatterbug you get 1 EV point in Defence and so on) for every 4 EV points you get in a stat, you get 1 actual stat point in that stat. (not right away, it gets put in between level 1 and 100) You can get a maximum of 510 EVs that you can distribute amongst whatever stats you want, however the best way is to generally max out just TWO stats, and give the remaing 6 points to a third stat. So basically if you put 252 EVs in two stats, by the time you get to level 100 you get up to 63 extra points in that stat. So the EVS couples with the IVs means you could potentially get a maximum of 94 extra points in a particular stat by level 100

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back