• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Is there anywhere on this forum where pokebank is being discussed? I understand that it has been pulled back.........when it is re-released, I guess one buys it on nintendo e-shop? Does the E-shop have you put in your debit/credit card information when making a purchase (I've never used it before)? It seems like it would be good to have some insurance in case you lose your 3DS or something along those lines.

It does require your credit/debit info, but I don't think it stores them into the system permanently, so you don't have to worry about anything. If you don't want to use your debit or credit card, then you could buy eShop cards off stores like GameStop and use them instead. I'm not really sure if you actually have to pay to download PokéBank, though... it may be a free app. Only thing that you need to pay for is the subscription. :p

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2014
    Masuda Method Questions

I started breeding for shiny totodiles but had a few questions that i can't find answers to.

1. I know you need to breed two foreign Pokemon but i see people always saying use a Pokemon from your country and a foreign pokemon. I have been using a french totodile with a Spanish ditto on an american cartridge and want to know if it would work.

2. Also if i breed a french totodile and a spanish ditto in my american game is that offspring 100% american?

I've been really worried if i'm masuda methoding right so answers would be much appreciated.

Phangy

Master
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    only one needs to be foreign, having 2 doesn't increase your chances, and any pokemon caught or breed in your game will be from that region

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2014
    i didn't care about increasing odds, just wanted to know if having both pokemon being from two different foreign countries worked.

Thanks for the answer though

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2014
    I'm pretty sure the method still works since you are using two different foreign Pokemon. Having two Pokemon from the same region (two French Totodiles, for example) will not work.

And yes, the eggs that are generated will produce offspring from your region.

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2014
    I was breeding a french totodile and a spanish ditto and just wanted to know if it was working, thanks for the reassurance.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Ok, I know that you must pay for Pokemon Bank, but do you have to pay for PokeTransporter?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Ok, I know that you must pay for Pokemon Bank, but do you have to pay for PokeTransporter?

Nope, Poke Transporter is free, although it's a moot point because even though they are two different downloads, you apparently still need Pokebank in order to use Poke Transporter

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2014
    Tipping in X and Y

Not sure if this has already been asked before, but has anyone found any significance to tipping NPC's in the games?

I've done some reading other places, and some hypothesis of tipping certain amounts to certain people will net a higher chance in finding a shiny pokemon. Another was increasing a "Shiny Counter?"

Not sure if I should trust such unverified information, but has anyone else found any patterns or quirks they'd like to share?

DynamicD

Metagross Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2015
    I think it's just to boost your style, which lets you get discounts and access to the boutique in Lumiose.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    Not sure if this has already been asked before, but has anyone found any significance to tipping NPC's in the games?

I've done some reading other places, and some hypothesis of tipping certain amounts to certain people will net a higher chance in finding a shiny pokemon. Another was increasing a "Shiny Counter?"

Not sure if I should trust such unverified information, but has anyone else found any patterns or quirks they'd like to share?

There is a medal you can get for tipping a lot, and as someone else said, I think it might increase style, but I don't think it does anything else.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Another was increasing a "Shiny Counter?"

I've had a few people telling me that. Not sure if it has actually been proven, though. I've tipped quite a lot of people throughout my gameplay, but unfortunately, my shiny encounter rate seemed to remain pretty much the same. ^^"

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023

It doesn't effect your Shiny encounter rate at all from what I've seen. I've tipped since the first point and I've ran into 2 Shiny Pokemon only. I actively hunt for Shiny Pokemon at least 1 to 2 hours a day, general searching, Friend Safari, Chain Fishing and Radar Chaining. I do all four of these. I don't breed for Shiny because that takes more time than I can give at the moment. I've almost 400 hours and only have 2 Shiny Pokemon to show for it and I've tipped over 1 million by now.

I think it's just to boost your style, which lets you get discounts and access to the boutique in Lumiose.

Tipping doesn't boost your Style. The only way to boost your style is to do activities inside Lumoise. Encounters outside don't do anything at all for style cause I tipped 1000 every time, my style didn't go up until I started doing the little things in Lumoise.

I believe it does nothing.

I'm sure it has something its for, we just can't seem to find it as its most likely something extremely obscure. Even if its for some little badge in our PGL site accounts.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    There is a medal you can get for tipping a lot, and as someone else said, I think it might increase style, but I don't think it does anything else.

Huh? There's medals in this game? I thought that was only in Black2/White2.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back