• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Third Version Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    How long will it take for announcement of Pokemon Z ?
    The Movie already reveal 2 new pokemon so I was expecting an announcement soon !

I've specualted that the game is going to be released in Spring 2016, so an announcement somewhere between October and December of this yeat seems likely. We're always getting a bunch of movie news in December, so we're most likely getting our Zygarde forme information then.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I've specualted that the game is going to be released in Spring 2016, so an announcement somewhere between October and December of this yeat seems likely. We're always getting a bunch of movie news in December, so we're most likely getting our Zygarde forme information then.

Or even February, which is the 20th Anniversary of Pokémon (aka Red and Green's 20th Anniversary). That's going to mark a third game released in February, if that were to happen of course. {XD}

Years
  • Does anyone else think it's significant that Zygarde is covered in hexagons instead of pentagons? People have been speculating about Kalos' conspicuously absent southern portion since XY came out, and if you look at a map of France, the border with Spain comes to a point, giving France a roughly hexagonal shape. It would make sense for the Zygarde game to expand Kalos to form a hexagon.

Now a lot of people are speculating that the next Kalos game will introduce entirely new Pokémon, due to the disappointingly low number in XY and the assumption that the green blob from the trailer is related to Zygarde but is too different to be an alternate form. Granted this would be unprecedented (and the same thing was wrongly predicted about B2W2) and I don't believe it will happen, but allow me to play devil's advocate for a second.

Assuming that the next game does in fact incorporate southern Kalos and introduce new Pokémon, the question is: how many are we getting? XY introduced 72 new Pokémon and there are three Pokédexes, meaning each Pokédex has around 24 new Pokémon. Would we only get 20-30 new ones just for the Southern Kalos Pokédex? Or would we get 60-70 and have them split evenly among the four Pokédexes?

Whatever the case, I'm positive that Southern Kalos is happening, it just makes too much sense.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Does anyone else think it's significant that Zygarde is covered in hexagons instead of pentagons? People have been speculating about Kalos' conspicuously absent southern portion since XY came out, and if you look at a map of France, the border with Spain comes to a point, giving France a roughly hexagonal shape. It would make sense for the Zygarde game to expand Kalos to form a hexagon.

Now a lot of people are speculating that the next Kalos game will introduce entirely new Pokémon, due to the disappointingly low number in XY and the assumption that the green blob from the trailer is related to Zygarde but is too different to be an alternate form. Granted this would be unprecedented (and the same thing was wrongly predicted about B2W2) and I don't believe it will happen, but allow me to play devil's advocate for a second.

Assuming that the next game does in fact incorporate southern Kalos and introduce new Pokémon, the question is: how many are we getting? XY introduced 72 new Pokémon and there are three Pokédexes, meaning each Pokédex has around 24 new Pokémon. Would we only get 20-30 new ones just for the Southern Kalos Pokédex? Or would we get 60-70 and have them split evenly among the four Pokédexes?

Whatever the case, I'm positive that Southern Kalos is happening, it just makes too much sense.

It's not necessary to have in covered in pentagons, but it's cool and there's no point to be against it. :)

That speculation with new Pokémon already begun long before XY was available in the trailers, due to the spoilers. I was very supportive of this, but not now. What's the real point on introducing another bunch of 70 Pokémon, when they are closing the chapter for Gen VI? Making more money or garnering more heat and hate for Gen VI? {XD}

Of course it is natural to be unprecedented. Why are they going to show us any idea that is reused? Let's have some highlight:
    - Deoxys forms were a surprise, nothing like that has been done before. Originally Deoxys' certain forms are exclusive to certain Generation III games.
    - Giratina and Shaymin's forms were unexpected as well, as there were no Pokémon that can change form with items. Additionally Giratina is the first mascot to have the ability to change form. (Rotom a none legendary, received several new forms as well and the forms are even retconned to different secondary types.)
    - Keldeo and Meloetta are Pokémon that can change form with moves, the latter one changes forms with Relic Song while the aquatic horse's form change is semi-permanent with the move Secret Sword.
    - Black and White Kyurem, while form changing is not a surprising factor anymore, the method Abofusion is still new.

In fact none of these legendary Pokémon I mentioned have exact the same form changing methods. Then there are Mega forms for Rayquaza and Primal forms. :)

That little green blob and that gigantic Pokémon? I think they are both Zygarde's forms. Or Zygarde's split to be more precise with my speculation.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    I have a strong feeling we're gonna get prequels to XY.
    I also hope we won't get a third ORAS game since we already had our remake and it's xy turn to shine;)

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I have a strong feeling we're gonna get prequels to XY.
    I also hope we won't get a third ORAS game since we already had our remake and it's xy turn to shine;)

I don't mind prequels, but the inconsistency is gonna increase if they introduced more Mega Evolution forms or new Pokémon(not counting Zygarde's forms as it went to Terminus Cave and hid in there).

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    I don't mind prequels, but the inconsistency is gonna increase if they introduced more Mega Evolution forms or new Pokémon(not counting Zygarde's forms as it went to Terminus Cave and hid in there).

You have a point, but I'm sure they will have a "good" excuse for the lack of the other Pokemon.
    Perhaps they will belong to a nearby region.
    When r they gonna shed some light regarding that?..

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    You have a point, but I'm sure they will have a "good" excuse for the lack of the other Pokemon.
    Perhaps they will belong to a nearby region.
    When r they gonna shed some light regarding that?..

Or probably the disturbed ecosystem wiped out the other 'new 70', thus that explains their non-existense in XY. {XD}

It's easier to make excuses with Zygarde's forms -- it only appears when the ecosystem is greatly disturbed.

But if they are creating more megas, then ugh I can't make any valid excuses for that. It's easier to explain of the next game aren't going to take place in the Kalos region.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Or probably the disturbed ecosystem wiped out the other 'new 70', thus that explains their non-existense in XY. {XD}

It's easier to make excuses with Zygarde's forms -- it only appears when the ecosystem is greatly disturbed.

But if they are creating more megas, then ugh I can't make any valid excuses for that. It's easier to explain of the next game aren't going to take place in the Kalos region.

I want them to announce that already. I wonder when will that be.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    At this point really they can sorta-kinda get away with continuity errors since they went and pulled the whole alternate dimensions shtick with ORAS, and that's one of those things can you can kinda keep using for a long time even if it's lazy and poor writing.

I want them to announce that already. I wonder when will that be.
    But this. I really do what them to announce it already =(

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    At this point really they can sorta-kinda get away with continuity errors since they went and pulled the whole alternate dimensions shtick with ORAS, and that's one of those things can you can kinda keep using for a long time even if it's lazy and poor writing.

But this. I really do what them to announce it already =(

I afree with you there, the alternate dimensions idea isn't my cup of tea either.

Years
  • I want them to announce that already. I wonder when will that be.

Given the supposed Zygarde form sillouete, that green blob pokemon, and the merchandise sheets hinting/teasing new pokemon, I wouldn't be surprised if we got an announcement later this month tbh.

A lot of people are thinking they're going to announce the new game(s) after worlds takes place, which I think could be pretty cool.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    A lot of people are thinking they're going to announce the new game(s) after worlds takes place, which I think could be pretty cool.[/QUOTE]
    And when will that be?

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Prequels? That would be interesting but what makes you think that?

Uh... Read our previous posts? ~_~

Here's a little bit of light in case you are lazy to check them. :P

Zygarde - Pokémon X and Omega Ruby Dex Entries said:
    When the Kalos region's ecosystem falls into disarray, it appears and reveals its secret power.
    It tells us that something happened in Kalos, before the events in XY took place. Not a folklore or a mythology.

An old man in Anistar City says that other groups of people (which is not Team Flare) were looking for Xerneas/Yveltal.

I think I have missed a few stuff from the previous posts, but yeah those are the reasons why we came up to this theory.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Uh... Read our previous posts? ~_~

Here's a little bit of light in case you are lazy to check them. :P

It tells us that something happened in Kalos, before the events in XY took place. Not a folklore or a mythology.

An an Chairman in Anistar City says that other groups of people (which is not Team Flare) were looking for Xerneas/Yveltal.

I think I have missed a few stuff from the previous posts, but yeah those are the reasons why we came up to this theory.

Is CoroCoro out yet?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back