• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Third Version Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

captainfez3

Old School Trainer
Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2019
    I think the silence so far on a new game is an indication that we might be seeing something more comprehensive or different from previous titles. Or at least I hold out hope that is the case. I honestly believe if we were going to see a sequel or prequel to the X and Y games, we would have already had the announcement and it would be coming in the fall. I think what we are going to see next will be something big, in a way that Pokemon games haven't been before, and we will probably see it as exclusive for the new handhelds.

My personal hope is:
    -some kind of revamp of the entire game series; not crazy, but maybe something new with the metagame, or maybe even more fundamental such as how Pokemon levels are handled. I am writing a blog that I'm going to post on GI here soon about what I'd potentially like to see
    -very large, very rural landmass. More of an adventurous feeling when striking out from a town.
    -a more involved world: more events, more repeatable encounters, just more alive overall
    -a much larger world, maybe multiple worlds
    -break in traditions: for instance, starters are now catchable in the world (in special locations primarily) and your starter Pokemon is one of 50 that you choose from. Maybe 16 gyms across two major continents.
    -please just maintain no mandatory HM use. If that is all they carry forward I will honestly be happy ha ha

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I think GF is just taking a one year break like they have before. Pre-world release Japan usually took a break while we got the games (2005, 2007,2011) so now that we're synched up it feels longer as during our yearly breaks GF released new games (plus after PT our localizations became yearly).

Zygarde is to show up in the next Mega Special. So are the blobs (source Corocoro).

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Methinks the third version will be announced and will be released next year, seeing as we already have an upcoming PKMN game to be released for this year (Super Mystery Dungeon). :3

Years
  • The Mega Special is slated for Fall so we may get some info around October (when the Fall anime shows start showing up) if not earlier on what the blob is and Zygarde's new forme/Primal/Mega. We may get an announcement later this month or by early September or by Fall on the next game(s). Edit: Serebii updated and says that next issue will have info on the blob, the giant shadow, and their role in the TV anime (I guess that the next Episode will come out in October then if we are getting info on the TV anime).

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    Since the silhouette and the green blob will be revealed in the next months issue of Corocoro, I guess it is safe to say that information regarding the new games will also be revealed. The latter could also be revealed at Worlds at the end of this August.

Years
  • Since the silhouette and the green blob will be revealed in the next months issue of Corocoro, I guess it is safe to say that information regarding the new games will also be revealed. The latter could also be revealed at Worlds at the end of this August.
    The chances of a reveal at the World Championships in Boston seems likely now. Corocoro will lkely give a bit more info or rehash what we'll learn 11-13 days from now (if they do reveal it in Boston).

Years
  • Ughhh the wait till next Friday is killing me (assuming/hoping they announce the games then)

The more I think about it, a gen 6.5 sort of thing seems less and less likely (green blob pretty much confirmed to be heavily related to zygarde, merch sheets hiding new pokemon could be referring to green blob/ volcanion/ new mega's)

but

IIRC they wanted to end this generation in a way that surprised the fanbase, and I personally don't feel a typical third version as we're used to would cut it. With increased pressure on GF thanks to youkai watch, and the 20th anniversary coming up next year, I'm assuming they want to release something huge. But if not a 6.5 in the form of Z, then what could they be thinking?

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Ughhh the wait till next Friday is killing me (assuming/hoping they announce the games then)

The more I think about it, a gen 6.5 sort of thing seems less and less likely (green blob pretty much confirmed to be heavily related to zygarde, merch sheets hiding new pokemon could be referring to green blob/ volcanion/ new mega's)

but

IIRC they wanted to end this generation in a way that surprised the fanbase, and I personally don't feel a typical third version as we're used to would cut it. With increased pressure on GF thanks to youkai watch, and the 20th anniversary coming up next year, I'm assuming they want to release something huge. But if not a 6.5 in the form of Z, then what could they be thinking?

Too early to announce a new game, if they are going to release a pair of/a game(s) for the next Spring. They should announce it around September to Fall. Poor Super Mystery Dungeon, might be an another low sales for the PMD series.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Too early to announce a new game, if they are going to release a pair of/a game(s) for the next Spring. They should announce it around September to Fall. Poor Super Mystery Dungeon, might be an another low sales for the PMD series.

I personally don't really care about SMD or any other spin off game, never found it intriguing..
    I want them to announce the new games already <3

Years
  • Too early to announce a new game, if they are going to release a pair of/a game(s) for the next Spring. They should announce it around September to Fall. Poor Super Mystery Dungeon, might be an another low sales for the PMD series.

I think that Winter 2016 is likely due to the 20th anniversary (exact date is my guess) being next year, if so it'll make it the third game/pair to come out on an anniversary (exact date). RS in jp came out on the 3rd anniversary of GS (interestingly RSE are the initials of the Beast trio...), ORAS came out on RS' 12th anniversary (and 15th to GS) in Japan. If so then a Summer reveal is most likely. However, B2W2 were announced in February irc and released in June in Jp so a four month gap isn't impossible. That'll put a formal reveal on November (possibly ORAS' one year anni (aka Jp GS' 16th and RS' 13th). November seem too unlikely though given the news we've been given.

I also expect Gen VII to either be announced late 2016 or actually released by Holiday 2016.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    I have this feeling they r going to change Team Flair's outfits or pehaps even upgrade them, like they did in BW2

Last edited:

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I have this feeling they r going to change team flair's outfits or pehaps even upgrade them, like they did in BW2

I have a feeling it's not even Team Flare we're facing, specially if the upcoming game(s) is/are prequels.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I had that thought too. But if that's the case then why would they promote Lysander and Malva in the anime?

I'm not going to elaborate as that is out of topic; don't wanna get infracted or reported.

All I can say about the new games is, nothing much has been shown. The game itself wasn't even announced yet, so it's normal that we're not going to see more new material (this month).

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    I'm not going to elaborate as that is out of topic; don't wanna get infracted or reported.

All I can say about the new games is, nothing much has been shown. The game itself wasn't even announced yet, so it's normal that we're not going to see more new material (this month).

From what I've seen, the games r usually announced around 6 months before their release (And even beforehand), so I find it logical it will happen at the end of the month. What do u think?

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    From what I've seen, the games r usually announced around 6 months before their release (And even beforehand), so I find it logical it will happen at the end of the month. What do u think?

Similar here I expect a late August to Fall season announcement, if the game(s) will be seeing the light on February as most people speculated.

Years
  • Do we have any game-related events coming up soon, in which Nintendo are likely to attend? If so, I'd imagine them to make the announcement then.
    They were in Germany earlier this month but nothing was announced. GF usually doesn't announce Pokemon games in events that aren't their own. As for the ND's...well there has been no announcement of one thus far (that could change fast though). GF could announce the games at the ends of Worlds with a Trailer (think the trailer that was shown when XY were shown off at the end of the PD in Jan 2013).

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    They were in Germany earlier this month but nothing was announced. GF usually doesn't announce Pokemon games in events that aren't their own. As for the ND's...well there has been no announcement of one thus far (that could change fast though). GF could announce the games at the ends of Worlds with a Trailer (think the trailer that was shown when XY were shown off at the end of the PD in Jan 2013).

I hope you're right and they do release it at the said event..

Years
  • Worlds (next friday) is the first possible window of announcement we could get. Probably during the opening or closing ceremony. If it misses that, I don't think we'll hear about anything till mid-September.

On the topic of the villainous team, I do think we'll be seeing a neo-team flare of some sort, with Malva as the leader. (In the case that the third version ends up taking place after the events of X/Y.)

If we hear anything at worlds though, I feel like it'll just be a title announcement with the boxart(s) and we'll have to wait a few weeks for something more substantial. It really does feel like we're inching closer and closer towards an announcement though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back