• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Third Version Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Worlds (next friday) is the first possible window of announcement we could get. Probably during the opening or closing ceremony. If it misses that, I don't think we'll hear about anything till mid-September.

On the topic of the villainous team, I do think we'll be seeing a neo-team flare of some sort, with Malva as the leader. (In the case that the third version ends up taking place after the events of X/Y.)

If we hear anything at worlds though, I feel like it'll just be a title announcement with the boxart(s) and we'll have to wait a few weeks for something more substantial. It really does feel like we're inching closer and closer towards an announcement though.

I hope you're right.
    Btw, LOVED your Malva idea

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Worlds (next friday) is the first possible window of announcement we could get. Probably during the opening or closing ceremony. If it misses that, I don't think we'll hear about anything till mid-September.

On the topic of the villainous team, I do think we'll be seeing a neo-team flare of some sort, with Malva as the leader. (In the case that the third version ends up taking place after the events of X/Y.)

If we hear anything at worlds though, I feel like it'll just be a title announcement with the boxart(s) and we'll have to wait a few weeks for something more substantial. It really does feel like we're inching closer and closer towards an announcement though.

It technically wouldn't be a third version in that case as third versions take place as the same time as the pair version more or less with a couple of changes to the plot. It'll be a sequel with Malva then. I think a prequel is likely though, perhaps with a Team Cool.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Let's see, Giratina and The Sky Warrior was officially announced on December 6, 2007 in Japan, with no Shaymin mentioned nor revealed as well as Giratina's Origin form. Giratina's Origin form along Shaymin was officially announced on February 2008 and finally Pokémon Platinum version was first seen on May 11, 2008 through a CoroCoro leak .

**All stated dates are according to the original Japanese versions.

I think we can take that timeline as an example for Zygarde's alternate form and the green blob's official announcement. Now go speculate your own dates. x'D

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Let's see, Giratina and The Sky Warrior was officially announced on December 6, 2007 in Japan, with no Shaymin mentioned nor revealed as well as Giratina's Origin form. Giratina's Origin form along Shaymin was officially announced on February 2008 and finally Pokémon Platinum version was first seen on May 11, 2008 through a CoroCoro leak .

**All stated dates are according to the original Japanese versions.

I think we can take that timeline as an example for Zygarde's alternate form and the green blob's official announcement. Now go speculate your own dates. x'D

Lol according to this theory we're gonna leaks in MONTHS.
    I just hope it happen at World event or whatever that is .

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Lol according to this theory we're gonna leaks in MONTHS.
    I just hope it happen at World event or whatever that is .

Are you telling me you really calculated it? o_O
    I'm not laughing at you or what, but I found that amazing, haha! Can you elaborate us your speculated months, please? *u* I'm too stupid when it comes to speculating when numbers like that xD
    (Note that we're simply taking the Giratina line as an example, it doesn't represent accurate and actual dates or months.)

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Are you telling me you really calculated it? o_O
    I'm not laughing at you or what, but I found that amazing, haha! Can you elaborate us your speculated months, please? *u* I'm too stupid when it comes to speculating when numbers like that xD
    (Note that we're simply taking the Giratina line as an example, it doesn't represent accurate and actual dates or months.)

Well if we go by Giratina line it will go like that :
    The blob Pokemon and the mysterious form ( Probably Zygrade) were first announced on July so the first official announcement should come around September, followed by the game/s announcement in Dec. According to that we're gonna get the new XY game/s in June the earliest.
    :)

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Well if we go by Giratina line it will go like that :
    The blob Pokemon and the mysterious form ( Probably Zygrade) were first announced on July so the first official announcement should come around September, followed by the game/s announcement in Dec. According to that we're gonna get the new XY game/s in June the earliest.
    :)

Nuuu! I want me Febuary release! D:

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Same here, it makes more sense since it will be the anni.

No special games were released at 10th and 15th, so the anniversary isn't my main reason; I want the Gen VI to wrap up already and I want new games to play with!

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    But the new games r probably related to Gen VI

I know! That's why I said release it already so that they can quickly wrap up the current generation.

So... What's the green blob's role? Since the Morality Trio are based on the Norse Mythology. Is there any worm of sort/anything that is linked to the underground serpentine?

Years
  • It'd wreck me if they waited till December to announce the games q.q

and yeah, I feel as if normally they wouldn't have done anything for the 20th anniversary, but they noticed that it potentially lined up with their next release and decided to capitalize on it (just guessing, but I think it's extremely likely)

Whether or not they decided to treat it specially for the occasion (a game with perhaps more than usual. something special) is another story. I hope that's the case though. As for the green blob, I think it'll tie more into this generation's themes of evolution and DNA rather than the whole Norse thing the trio has going for them. While I'm not too fond of the theories that the green blobs combine themselves to make Zygarde, or they come together to help him mega-evolve or whatever, it's starting to seem like that may be the case.

But yeah part of me really just want's gen VI to be done with, but imo X/Y felt pretty incomplete and it'd be great for them to get closure. If they use the next game(s) to expand on the plot/characters and do things we haven't seen before, I'm down for it.

Years
  • Don't forget that the Mortality trio also seem to be inspired by the Hindu Trinity. I have a feeling that Zygarde will tie into the other famous indo-european religion which is Greek/Roman. I think this Zygarde form will be a reference to Gaea (the Titaness) and her snake of prophecy (which was slained by Apollo).

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Ok so it turns out that whoever said that they'll reveal some Pokemon related thing at the Pokemon World Championships in Boston was right.....except that what they revealed was that Pokken Tournament is getting a Wii U release and not something related to the main series games =/

Years
  • Ok so it turns out that whoever said that they'll reveal some Pokemon related thing at the Pokemon World Championships in Boston was right.....except that what they revealed was that Pokken Tournament is getting a Wii U release and not something related to the main series games =/
    I believe that was me. Last night I was Vming a friend that perhaps it'll be Pokken Tournament instead due to the Trademarking/copyrighting of the logo in Europe and the testing of the game in U.S. arcades. It is worth noting that Masuda will be attending the Symphonic Evolutions concert in Boston tomorrow so we might get another reveal (kind of slim though), but even if he doesn't we only need to wait 20-25 days more for the October Corocoro issue (comes out the 15th of next month unlike the latest issue which came out 2-3 days earlier (leaks were slow though)).

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Ok so it turns out that whoever said that they'll reveal some Pokemon related thing at the Pokemon World Championships in Boston was right.....except that what they revealed was that Pokken Tournament is getting a Wii U release and not something related to the main series games =/

Omggg I was counting on on that event!!! :(
    What are they waiting for?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back