• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Third Version Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
  • I really hope they do more with Project Azoth than a brief mention. The mysterious "other team with different uniforms" asking questions in Anistar, the "A meaning beginning Z meaning end" stuff in ORAS makes me hope Arceus plays a role in the next game, considering the role it played in the movie. I'm splitting hairs here, I know, but its still an interesting thought if they decided to go with two games instead of one this time around (Pokemon A and Pokemon Z, perhaps?)

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    actually, your forgetting about this one
    Daily+reminder+_7faa46b6dafba23f71125451d2d1bb8d.png

I think he means not a common thing like it was, particularly in Gen II an Gen IV.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    actually, your forgetting about this one
    Daily+reminder+_7faa46b6dafba23f71125451d2d1bb8d.png

Sylveon's sole purpose was to market Fairy types. If Gen VI hadn't introduced a new type, there wouldn't have been a new Eeveelution in the first place.

Introducing new Mond in Z is highly unlikely. We're getting Gen VII after it so no point in introducing new Pokemon right at the end of a generation.

KillerTyphlosion

Champion
    Years
  • After watching the XY&Z anime, I thought what if they make a Pokemon Z1 and Z2 where each version has a different story where you get red core or blue core depending on the version and team flare gets the other core, but then it would be like black & white unless they actually have a different route/story.

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Sylveon's sole purpose was to market Fairy types. If Gen VI hadn't introduced a new type, there wouldn't have been a new Eeveelution in the first place.

Introducing new Mond in Z is highly unlikely. We're getting Gen VII after it so no point in introducing new Pokemon right at the end of a generation.
    theres always a point in introducing a new eeveelution. still waiting for there to be a bug type one.
    a bug type eeveelution would be awesome.
    bug_eeveelution_beezeon_insetteon_by_clophil-d7nl6e4.png

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Remember the Blue and Red button we are made to press in Flare's lab? I wonder if those might determine which Core we get, if we end up getting the core during the Climax in Lumiose.

Interesting, but how about those without X and Y? Do they end up receiving a random one? Or perhaps the Xerneas is connected to the blue one and likewise the red one with Yveltal, hence the requirement to capture them.

We were forced to capture Reshiram in White and Zekrom in Black. While they didn't have much impact to B2W2's plot, Cheren has briefly mentioned something like, 'the two dragons are with their respective owners,' when Cheren was guessing Team Plasma's source of power to further their agenda.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Interesting, but how about those without X and Y? Do they end up receiving a random one? Or perhaps the Xerneas is connected to the blue one and likewise the red one with Yveltal, hence the requirement to capture them.

We were forced to capture Reshiram in White and Zekrom in Black. While they didn't have much impact to B2W2's plot, Cheren has briefly mentioned something like, 'the two dragons are with their respective owners,' when Cheren was guessing Team Plasma's source of power to further their agenda.

I meant that if it's a third version the button could set free one of the cores.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • I'm splitting hairs here, I know, but its still an interesting thought if they decided to go with two games instead of one this time around (Pokemon A and Pokemon Z, perhaps?)

This just gave me an idea... Pokémon A as the prequel to X/Y with the previous team that was mentioned in Anistar, who were looking for the Legendary 'mons. And then Pokémon Z as a sequel to X/Y. But, they would exist in the parallel universe that a normal 3rd version would be in, so that in Pokémon Z the NPC's would say that Team Flare had used both Xerneas and Yveltal to power the Ultimate Weapon a few years prior.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    theres always a point in introducing a new eeveelution. still waiting for there to be a bug type one.
    a bug type eeveelution would be awesome.
    bug_eeveelution_beezeon_insetteon_by_clophil-d7nl6e4.png

A bug-type Eeveelution would be amazing to see, but isn't bug more physical-based? When it comes to Eevee and its evolutions, they always seemed to have focused on special-oriented types and whatnot, and not physical. Who knows, though; they might wind up changing that this time.

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2020
    I think GF could do a Poison and Ground type eevee, because a lot of Eeveelutions are "weak" to another one (For example, Flareon-Vaporeon-Jolteon, Espeon-Umbreon-Sylveon, Leafeon-Glaceon)
    As you can see, Espeon isnt strong vs anyone, and Sylveon hasnt a eeveelution superefective to him. Leafeon its strong vs Vaporeon and weak from flareon and Glaceon, this its weak to Flareon, and Jolteon like Sylveon, hasnt a ground eeveelutions that counter him. Maybe Im so stupid? xD

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Ghost or Bug could be used for Espeon to be weak to one more type then using Poison to be weak to Psychic.

Fighting could also work for the weakness to Psychic.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    A bug-type Eeveelution would be amazing to see, but isn't bug more physical-based? When it comes to Eevee and its evolutions, they always seemed to have focused on special-oriented types and whatnot, and not physical. Who knows, though; they might wind up changing that this time.

I've always had that assumption that all Eeveelutions are all special attackers, but then others will point out Leafeon, being a physical attacker with 110 base attack stat. Flareon is a physical attacker as well (strangely enough) with 130 base attack stat.

Years
  • I've always had that assumption that all Eeveelutions are all special attackers, but then others will point out Leafeon, being a physical attacker with 110 base attack stat. Flareon is a physical attacker as well (strangely enough) with 130 base attack stat.

By special I think Peitharchia means the types whose attack moves were (pre-Gen IV) special types. These include Grass, Fire, Water, Dark, Psychic, Electric, Ice, and Dragon. Most expected the next eeveelution to be Dragon because of this. If Fairy had been made during Gen I,II, or III it likely would've been considered special though, as physical had one more type than special did so it would've even things up. It's sad that we never did get our Dragon eeveelution, as it would've fit well with Sylveon seeing how back when it was groups of 2, or 3 in the case of Gen I, one eevelution at least was weak against another that debuted in that generation. Vaporeon defeats Flareon while Jolteon defeats Vaporeon, Umbreon defeats Espeon, while Glaceon defeats Leafeon.

Maybe next generation they'll make eeveelutions based on the last formerly special type, and the last non-gen I type, but it's not like Steel is strong against Dragon...if only they had debuted this generation with Sylveon.
    Actually Dragon and Ghost are the best types for them to have made a solo eeveelution as they are super effective against themselves...so it feels like Dragon was cheated this Gen...

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • Another mystery that I'd like to see solved is how the Lati@s were supposed to have held a key secret to Mega Evolution(although I doubt they'll touch on it in "Z"). I assumed that they did plan on something, because of the fact that the Mega Lati@s and the soaring feature were originally supposed to be in X/Y according to some hidden/hacked data that was found.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Another mystery that I'd like to see solved is how the Lati@s were supposed to have held a key secret to Mega Evolution(although I doubt they'll touch on it in "Z"). I assumed that they did plan on something, because of the fact that the Mega Lati@s and the soaring feature were originally supposed to be in X/Y according to some hidden/hacked data that was found.

Game Freak isn't really into in depth development... :( Though I'd really really love to see your idea, tbh. Because first, they can tie our Gen VI games and the 2 regions together, second the connection between the Mega forms of Eon duo and Mega Evolution haven't been completely explored yet.

I do not know that Soar was intended for XY! But there's one thing I'm sure of, XY was suppose to introduce the Mega forms of the Eon duo, that is also why legit Latiosite and Latiasite from ORAS can be traded to XY. (:

Years
  • Another mystery that I'd like to see solved is how the Lati@s were supposed to have held a key secret to Mega Evolution(although I doubt they'll touch on it in "Z"). I assumed that they did plan on something, because of the fact that the Mega Lati@s and the saring feature were originally supposed to be in X/Y according to some hidden/hacked data that was found.
    As far as I'm aware they only found the Megas, not the flute or anything related to soaring.

Well... this is interesting:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Pokemon_cojp/status/690346151346765824

Dear Game Freak and TPC,
    Please stop messing with my feelings. Please understand.

So it seems to be for something called Ultimate Z Challenge (took me awhile to get it though). Wait, it's related to Pokemon Treta Ultimate Z actually (this is good Katakana practice I must say...).

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    As far as I'm aware they only found the Megas, not the flute or anything related to soaring.

So it seems to be for something called Ultimate Z Challenge (took me awhile to get it though). Wait, it's related to Pokemon Treta Ultimate Z actually (this is good Katakana practice I must say...).

It's just a challenge for treta ultimate z, not related to the core games. :(
    Katakana is lot easier than Hiragana and Kanji, if you wanna recite Katana with ease, do it with Pokemon. For example there's Fushigedane and so on.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back