• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

XBox360 will be a great success

Years
    Micro$oft in first place with Xbox messed up in a battle (Nintendo vs Sony) where it didn't have place... Now 360 is trying the same... Oh man... what a waste... M$ is STILL trying the same and finally it will become like Sega... Without just a dollar... Then you say it Micro$oft... Anyway time will tell...

Samuri Scearious

Alone in the World.
    Years
    I have no interest in the 360.
    But when I think of the system, I can imagine Sega and Atari coming back into the console business. o_o;;;

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Alex The Great Master said:
    I think the XBox 360 will become the new Dreamcast. By the way, Arcanine, you ruined my joke! Next year, can you please not merge threads? ;)
    I didn't merge the threads. And if threads needs to be merged they will be (doesn't matter what the thread starter says).

The S

The Reverend
    Years
    The bad thing is Micro$oft has the $ to try again. >>

I can't tell if that's a dollar sign or my name >.<

Anyway, in my opinion, Microsoft's made a few big mistakes with the 360. The first was developing the hardware and such before they even saw what the competition was bringing to the table. Another is the fact that a large portion of what's been released thus far do not work at all.

That being said, the 360 will live A) because Microsoft can do anything it wants, and B) people will support it, if only for that blasted Halo crap. I'm not against Microsoft in any way (as I use Windows and other 'crosoft products daily) or the XBox in general (I'm trying to get the original, and perhaps the 360 a few years down the line), but I disagree with the way they market their consoles.

Arrogance

Homunculus
    Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2006
    THe only thing I have of Microsoft os probobly my computer.

Recent reporting as saying the system is crshing in the middle of the game and ther are pictures to prove it on the net.

Charon

unscrupulous~
    Years
    The 360 has inferior graphics to the PS3 and isn't as innovative as the Rev. It'll flop.
    This has probably already been said, but hey.
    Anyone who's seen the KH2 opening on IGN will know that Sony's graphics on the PS2 are equal to the 360's. There's no competition.

Brittany

Back?
    Years
    Charon-chan said:
    The 360 has inferior graphics to the PS3 and isn't as innovative as the Rev. It'll flop.
    This has probably already been said, but hey.
    Anyone who's seen the KH2 opening on IGN will know that Sony's graphics on the PS2 are equal to the 360's. There's no competition.
    Do you speak of the opening movie, because ingame can't really compare with X360(sadly).

And truthfully, nobody really knows if the PS3 is really better(graphically). We know the PS3 has almost twice the juice of X360, but we have no idea how much of that can actually be utilized.

Apparently, although PS3's RSX is clocked 50 Mhz higher than X360's Xenos, the Xenos has unified pipelines, meaning all instructions just have to be thrown at it, rather than seperating them and making them take turns(I'm trying to put it into laymen's terms).

As for my opinion, I think it's just another 'wait and see' type of thing. Although I wish M$ was already kicked from the competition.

Years
    1 thing that will also help the xbox 360 is the xbox live. Xbox live is much cheaper than it was when it was on the 1st Xbox. At first you had to pay about $50/month for xbox live on the 1st xbox now it's $50/year on the xbox 360 or you can get a silver account which is free. I think that will definitaly help it.

PS - Sorry for going a lil off topic :P

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    Arrogance said:
    THe only thing I have of Microsoft os probobly my computer.

Recent reporting as saying the system is crshing in the middle of the game and ther are pictures to prove it on the net.
    Ah yes, I've heard of this from my friend who owns a XBox 360. He plays with an ice pack on top of his system now, since the crash seems to be because there is not enough cooling fans.

Brittany said:
    Do you speak of the opening movie, because ingame can't really compare with X360(sadly).

And truthfully, nobody really knows if the PS3 is really better(graphically). We know the PS3 has almost twice the juice of X360, but we have no idea how much of that can actually be utilized.
    You should checkout MGS4's game play movie then. It's really good.

Brittany

Back?
    Years
    kohei said:
    You should checkout MGS4's game play movie then. It's really good.
    Oh I've seen it, but there's still no unrefutable proof that one is better than the other graphically.

Because the Xenos GPU's architecture, it apparently can use more of it's resources (90-100%), whereas the RSX's 'last-gen' architecture uses 50-60%.

The numbers are possibly off by a little bit, and the RSX is clocked 50Mhz higher than the Xenos, but we seriously need some comparable proof to show which is better.

Comparing the systems is like comparing apples and oranges at the moment-
    Remember PS2? The overall system performance was 600GFlops, and the Xbox's was 200GFlops.

But which one came through with better graphics? Numbers can't be trusted when comparing two unlike things, and we simply don't have enough ingame, comparable evidence(like a multiple console game) to show which is better.

Charon

unscrupulous~
    Years
    Brittany said:

I was. I haven't actually seen any screen shots of the actual gameplay. ^^;;;
    I'm stll not impressed wth the 360 graphics, though. I played it in the shop, and I didn't like it. The people look shiny (I have no idea what went on there) and the leaves look... I don't know, it's hard to explain. Pretentious, I guess. They looked like they had been c+p'ed from toy story straight into the game, and they didn't seem to fit in with the rest of the enviroment.

Ah. You know how, in cheap cartoons, an object a character is about it move is a brighter shade than all the others around it? That's what the 360 reminds me of.

Brittany

Back?
    Years
    Everytime I play an x360, I feel like they've taken people out of real life, blurred their faces, and making the edges of their bodies jaggy.

But the M$ fanbois tell me I must have a bad television.

John Denver

Banned
    Years
    I got an idea everybody

Who cares?

Who cares if Xbox 360 sucks or not. Why are we trying to convince everybody otherwise. People will buy it or not buy it nonetheless, not matter how much we bash it or praise it. Spending all this time trying to boost your own systems approval for others while at the same time taking shots at their system is just stupid. The only people I ever see doing that are big fat pimple faced nerds.

Just play the stupid games if you like em, and if you don't like em, don't play em. Quit your stupid complaining of "how DARE people disagree with my opinon about xbox vs gamecube graphics." It's just, stupid. I can't believe I used to do this alongside you guys. How retarded is all of this. Go out and get some friends and some jobs. Work a little...move our of your parents basement. Go back to school. Join a sport. Stop playing so many videogames.

Geeks

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Dakota said:
    Stop playing so many videogames.
    Blasphemy! :o

Yeah, I don't see much of a point either, especially when it drags on. But if they like doing this, why stop them? Not harming anyone.

John Denver

Banned
    Years
    TRIFORCE89 said:
    Blasphemy! :o

Yeah, I don't see much of a point either, especially when it drags on. But if they like doing this, why stop them? Not harming anyone.

Just irks me to see so many nerds thinking they're having an intelligent conversation about life, when in reality, they're just being retarded.

I like videogames...in moderation

Chase Leader

Music Is My Miracle Drug!
    Years
    Dakota said:
    I got an idea everybody

Just play the stupid games if you like em, and if you don't like em, don't play em. Quit your stupid complaining of "how DARE people disagree with my opinon about xbox vs gamecube graphics." It's just, stupid. I can't believe I used to do this alongside you guys. How retarded is all of this. Go out and get some friends and some jobs. Work a little...move our of your parents basement. Go back to school. Join a sport. Stop playing so many videogames.

Geeks
    Well said, I hardly have time for games, you know, and I have said it a billion times, I have a job, am taking college classes, and in my spare time catch up on sleep, and if I wanted a girlfreind...I wouldn't have time for games...yes the X-Box 360 has good graphics but come on its not real life...has it really gotten to the point where video games has become an altenrate to reality...some of you act as if its all that matters...I'm sorry Dakotas right get up and do something with freinds, or sports, or something other than sitting inside...

Speaking of which this thread needs to be closed...its strayed way off topic...CLOSE NOW...Please.

Back