• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Y/N: Beedrill > Butterfree

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
    Beedrill has a cooler design.
    He has a better typing.
    He has a mega.
    He is very fast.
    He's one of the scariest Pokemon you can face if it really existed.
    He can open the gates of hell.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
    I prefer Butterfree. I've had one in my team in every game it was available in, and I almost soloed the 8th gym in Leaf Green with it once. It:

- Knows Quiver Dance, meaning it can boost its speed and special attack to ludicrous levels
    - Has Compoundeyes and a nice variety of status inducing moves, including Sleep Powder, which go together quite well
    - Did I mention it knows Sleep Powder? It also knows Supersonic too. Have fun!
    - Can learn Psychic, Dream Eater, and a nice number of moves that go with its special attack stat
    - It's so freaking cute!

If used properly you can take down a legendary with it. It does have problems with its HP and lack of coverage moves though. I don't think it has a move to deal with Steel types.

RegdragsPlays

Cyn The Garchomp
    Years
    To be honest I like both Pokémon, but not gonna lie - Beedrill just looks awesome, however Butterfree's typing (Bug + Flying) gives it a tiny edge since Beedrill has a weakness towards Flying type pokemon. (IF both were going head to head in a 1vs1 match up.) (Also will depend on natures, moves, etc etc.)
    Beedrill - Decent typing, nice design, can be deadly if used correctly but a complete waste of space if it is not.
    Butterfree - Nice typing, moves that allow it to play different roles in a team, and as someone has stated - it's freaking cute lol.

In all honestly - I like Beedrill a TINY bit more. :3 Both pokemon are awesome though!

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
    Personally as of now I don't prefer one to the other nor do I feel one is better than the other-They are both good in their own way.

I am using Butterfree currently and compound eyes+Sleep powder can do wonders, and it helped me get through a bunch of tough opponents as well. The fact mine has a +sp.attack nature helps as well. But yeah, Beedrill is faster, and does look slightly cooler, and has a decent moveset if you are patient and of course the mega.

But they are both great and as of now I don't think one is better than the other.

Years
    Well, Butterfree's my favorite Pokemon, so no amount of convincing is going to get me to say that Beedrill is the better of the two.

I see a couple of people have already pointed out the effectiveness of having a Butterfree with Compound Eyes and Sleep Powder. Admittedly, that was one of my main strategies to use in HeartGold, and was why Butterfree was my go-to Pokemon. Even if it weren't for the games, Butterfree still had one of my favorite roles in the early anime, and my Japanese Butterfree card was one of my prized possessions from the TCG as a kid, and it still is today.

While Mega Beedrill obviously has a statistical advantage over Butterfree, I'll just be here patiently waiting until Butterfree gets a mega evolution of its own.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
    Beedrill is in my top 5 favorite Pokémon. I love its Mega Evolution as it is very powerful and also intimidating. I do like Butterfree and I hope to see it get a Mega as well some day soon, but I'm sticking by Beedrill through and through.

Years
    Hard to compete with the sweep potential of that mega. But otherwise I think butterfree is way more useful. So much utility in its move pool.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    Butterfree for me. It gets access to Psychic moves and useful moves like Sleep Powder. It is also incredibly cute. Also Butterfree had a great story arc in the early anime episodes.

Beedrill has always been a Pokémon that has been just there. It's designs...OK I guess but nothing amazing. Sure it gets a Mega but you are limited to one Mega a team and I won't ever use it on Beedrill.

Back