• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

**** Yeah, Fakemon

Zorin

Pixies Dance
    Years
    My old tread was kinda dead and it contained a lot old fakemon of mine with many anatomy errors and stuff. So I'm making a new thread! :D These fakemon are all scratch and I'm using almost all of them for my own project, so you may not use them, sorry.

**** Yeah, Fakemon

Fire starter, ???, Fire type (Pound, Growl, Ember, Rock Throw, Will-O-Wisp)
    **** Yeah, Fakemon

Water starter, ???, Water type (Tackle, Tail Whip, Bubble, Charm)
    **** Yeah, Fakemon

Water starter evolution, ???, Water Type (Take Down, Whirlpool, Water Gun, Sweet Kiss)
    **** Yeah, Fakemon

Water starter evolution 2, ???, Water type (Hydro Pump, Body Slam, Recover, Horn Attack, Double Edge, Dragon Breath)
    **** Yeah, Fakemon

???, Flying/Normal type (Stomp, Wing Attack, Air Cutter, Feather Dance)
    **** Yeah, Fakemon

???, Psychic/Dragon (Psychic, Faint Attack, Confuse Ray, Hypnosis, Dream Eater, Nightmare, Dragon Breath)

I have more but I'm too lazy to upload and post 'em now.

Last edited:

BlackRainbow*

Pokemon Coralo Version ?
    Years
    Wow those sprites are really awesome. I love them all.
    Oh and Leet me know if you need any help with your project.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    They're so cute!

Maybe a bit too cute, as the water starter's final evolution doesn't look tough enough - I'd change its proportions to be more Meganium-like. The large head kinda spoils it.

The hippogriff is really cool, but the dragon looks like it's about to fall over...

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    heya zorin. shading and outlining perfectly done, but you should really concentrate on the designs a bit more. your designs have great potential, but they need some adjustment to be consistent with the pokemon style. right now, they look a bit like unidentifiable animals. there's nothing wrong with that, i just feel that there could be more to their designs.

if you want more of an idea of what i'm getting at, i'm willing to try drawing a few of the concepts here on paper and scanning them for you.

Zorin

Pixies Dance
    Years
    Thanks for the rates.

Wichu, I get what you're saying and I agree with you. I knew something was wrong but I couldn't find it myself. This looks better, right;
    **** Yeah, Fakemon

I'm glad you like the hippogriff. I couldn't find good reference for the anatomy so I just tried something.

Samson, I would really appreciate that. You're a lot better in designing fakemon than me.

Years
    wow, nice stuff. They'd look more authentic if they had more detail, like tail endings, or belly patches, or stripes, and the like.

Zorin

Pixies Dance
    Years
    Okay so I tried to make it look more interesting.
    **** Yeah, Fakemon
    -->
    **** Yeah, Fakemon

I hope it looks better. I'll try to do it to my other sprites too.

Bakun

Not active here.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2012
    Okay so I tried to make it look more interesting.
    **** Yeah, Fakemon
    -->
    **** Yeah, Fakemon

I hope it looks better. I'll try to do it to my other sprites too.

Wow, It's been a long time since I visited Pokecommunity :/

Anyway, I love your sprites, they look like they can be real Pokémon! :D

Now, I'll just criticise one of your scratches, I don't have time for all (since I'm in the mood to scratch :P)

Yes, it looks alot better, with more vivid colours, added features and a better eye ;) I think the eye is too big, and the horn on the right (our view) is too close to it, so it looks kinda misplaced, you should move it more back. I'm not really fond of the thing coming down from it's head, hair maybe? Anyways, the outline of it looks like stairs XD At least on the bottom part of it. I like the colours on the stripes on it's tail, it makes it loo more, well, uniqe ;)

Your a great scratcher, keep up the good work ;D

Years
    Wow, that edited sprite, very, very nice work. I really like the eyes, they look like Pokemon Pokemon eyes, yup. Very good job. One thing though - what is it? I'm trying to solo some fakemon, and I like to think of a certain backstory and species to base the pokemon on to make them seem more realistic (Like how Dugtrio is three digletts working together). I know how the pokemon's species (in pokedex entry) has little or no gameplay value, as its just flavor text, but if u think about it, Diglett and Dugtrio did look retarded until u found out that they were moles (at least they did to me)

Electrivire looks SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK!

Last edited:

Zorin

Pixies Dance
    Years
    oh lol my topic got bumped :D

Here's sum dex I am working on:
    **** Yeah, Fakemon

Wow, that edited sprite, very, very nice work. I really like the eyes, they look like Pokemon Pokemon eyes, yup. Very good job. One thing though - what is it? I'm trying to solo some fakemon, and I like to think of a certain backstory and species to base the pokemon on to make them seem more realistic (Like how Dugtrio is three digletts working together). I know how the pokemon's species (in pokedex entry) has little or no gameplay value, as its just flavor text, but if u think about it, Diglett and Dugtrio did look retarded until u found out that they were moles (at least they did to me)
    I'll explain. My grass starter is based on a dinosaur like this. My water starter line is based on Loch Ness. The fire starter is just a random fire slug. The first bug line is just like caterpie-metapod-butterfree, caterpillar-cocoon-butterfly. The second bug line are steel type rough-skinned spiders. The squirrel has this dragonair-like-wing-thing because in Norse mythology, he is a messager. (is that even a word?) The hippogrif is because I liek harry potter. The buffalo is just a random buffalo with a snowy mountain on top of it. (have to fix the back legs) The black dragons are draugen (Norse mythology), and have psychic powers. The slimy thing is a slug and the dinosaurs are a T-rex and a Stegosaur respectively, revived from fossils.

Oh and the birds are based on Huginn and Muninn iirc. (Norse mythology too) I don't think I will be doing flavour texts anytime soon, simply because I'm lazy.

So yeah I will be working on it whenever I have time, inspiration and a lack of homework.

I also made a Feraligatr/Celebi fusion:
    **** Yeah, Fakemon

Almost completely scratch because Celebi's body is so small and Feraligatrs jaws are so big.

Back