• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

(Yet Another) Writer's/Artist's Club

Vampira

(Rose Flame)
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2004
    No, I've never done any RPing. I kinda wanted to try it, but I was afraid I would do something wrong since I never had tried it before before.

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
    Years
    Hey, join in. Only way you learn is through experience. I think that an opening will appear soon in Creatures of Darkness.

Vampira

(Rose Flame)
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2004
    What do you do in an RP anyway?...and could you describe what Creatures of Darkness is?(Yeah, I know; I'm probably asking a lot of obvious questions)

~Ozy~

Years
    In an RP you take the persona of a certain character. It's a lot like writing a story but you can only control one person in it.

Creatures of Darkness is an RP on here, I'm planning an inter-dimensional warp soon. That'll open up a few new character slots.

Vampira

(Rose Flame)
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2004
    Well, I suppose it's worth a try. Let me know when the slots open up. Until then, I'll look through the other RPs to get an idea of how to do it.

Have you ever played an instrument? I played violin for three years, but now I'm attempting to teach myself guitar; it's hard keeping your fingers where their supposed to be, and I'm having a considerable amount of trouble.

~Ozy~

Years
    I play drums. Used to play sax but my band director killed what intrest I had in that. Unfortunately sax and trumpet gets all the attention in Jazz Band. Jerks...

Vampira

(Rose Flame)
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2004
    I know what you mean. I quit playing violin because my teacher said I have no talent. So, I figured I didn't want t be taught under a teacher who thought that about me anyway, and quit and never looked back. Besides, for someone who played violin for three years, I should have been a lot better than I was. But, I was under that teacher the entire time, so...yeah.

~Ozy~

Years
    Well, with this guy it wasn't quite like that. He thought I was good enough but an incident on a ski trip put me off of the whole thing.

Vampira

(Rose Flame)
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2004
    On a ski trip? What could have happened there to put you off on band class?

~Ozy~

Years
    The guy's a boarder and challenged me to a race. I ski and I whipped him into the ground. Later that day he decided to try and run me over. Kinda sets you against someone.

Vampira

(Rose Flame)
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2004
    I can understand why; I wouldn't exactly be crazy about someone who tried to run me over either. Must have been a pretty competitive guy, eh?

I tried skiing once; well, snow boarding actually. I was so awful at it. Plus, I got seperated from the teacher and the rest of the class, so I didn't ever try it again.

~Ozy~

Years
    Yeah, he was really competitive. And a jerk. He would make a better gym teacher than music.

I love skiing, I live for winter up here. I'm in line for a season pass the first day the lines are open. I try to go up every weekend. But I can see how something like that would put you off of the sport.

Vampira

(Rose Flame)
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2004
    Yeah, I'm the type of person who would rather sit in the ski lodge sipping hot cocoa than be out there on the slopes. Although, I was thinking of trying out regular skiing, since they say it's a lot easier than snow boarding. But I don't know anyone around here who would take me, so I have to at least wait till I get my provisional.

~Ozy~

Years
    Well, supposedly you fall more when you're learning to board but you pick it up quicker. With skiing, it tkes a while to be able to move up to the next plateau, if you will.

Vampira

(Rose Flame)
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2004
    Yeah, I'm not all that graceful, so I spent most of the time on the ground when I attempted to learn how to board. When I went to the bathroom to get some of the snow out of my jeans, everyone had gone. Apparantly, they'd all gone to a more advanced slope. But, I'd be wiling to try skiing sometime; but never, EVER will I try snowboarding again.

Vampira

(Rose Flame)
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2004
    I almost broke my leg as I tumbled down the bunny slope; board still attached. It was as I was getting off the ski lift. I'm sure it was quite a sight for my classmates to see, wasn't too fun for me.

I think I'll be able to get a webcam soon. I found one made specifically for notebooks on Amazon.com for about...I think 70.00$. No way of telling how good it is though.

Vampira

(Rose Flame)
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2004
    Hmm... Yahoo Instant messenger? No, but Firefly has asked me to sign up for it before. I think I have AIM though, since I use AOL to dial up.

Back