• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

yey i won 99 masterballs

what was the best catch u ever made and fluke catch

• articuno

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • moltres

• zapdos

• raikou

• entei

• suicune

• ho-oh

• lugia

• registeel

• regice

• latias

• groudon

• kyogre

• uxie

• azelf

• mesprit

• dialga

• heatran

• regigigas

• cresselia

• Total voters

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Not really, as great as it sounds. The truth is if we were able to buy masterballs all the time there wouldn't be much difficult in the game, no excitement, and barely much fun either because things would be too easy.​

Reina

pandasaur!
    Years
    I think there should be more ways to get one, maybe 3 total? At best though.. but NOT buyable.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Challenges are implanted in games for a reason. Removing them would destroy the whole concept of making a "game" a "game".

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    U dont have to use them if you dont want to :/
    ...but still, what's the point of making them buyable at any rate? Sure, one doesn't have to use them... but I still see no point to change something that has been established by many a game to be a rare one-off item given to you just like that - goes against canon, and not everyone (read - new players) would simply ignore them either to keep the games somewhat 'challenging' to them. Besides, that's kinda missing the point of my post anyway. =/

(BTW if I remember correctly, in GSC you could get more... but only if you got a perfect win in the Radio Tower lottery - 1 in 100,000 chance, in other words if you hadn't traded with anyone (went by trainer ID numbers)).

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2023
    If you could buy master balls, that just wrecks the fun and challenge of catching rare pokemon.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Nope, no fun. It would ruin the game.
    (I should know, I used to do it, and my friend still does it. :P)

Translator

I want a blog.
    Years
    If you can buy master balls in the game, catching Pokemon in the wild will be no fun at all.

BTW, Please click the eggs on my signature. Thanks.!

Melody

Banned
    Years
    Personally, I don't mind using cheats to max out on all items, (including master balls)
    I find it annoying that they break out of the Poke Balls anyway. So yes, I don't think it'd ruin the game to make master balls buy-able. They'd just need to set a high price on them...like 50,000P or something like that. (even 999,999P wouldn't be too unreasonable.)

The Scientist

PKMN Scientist/Mathemagician
    Years
    I love all the different sorts of balls...

OHSHI-

Back on topic, the Master Ball was ready for production back in the RBY days, so it should be more available now. I think there should be a way to get more Master Balls, but only near the end of the game. It can't be as easy as buying, but it can't be as ridiculously hard as the lottery.

Maybe make it a prize for beating X number of people in the Battle Tower/Frontier? Maybe it could be a hold item for the special Event Pokemon?

Nitrous Oxide

Korporate Amerika
    Years
    Seeing as I can just hack my game and add whatever Pokemon I want, I'd much rather have Masterballs, because going around getting every Pokemon is a pain in the rear.

PokéMartin

The Lonesome Drifter
    Years
    Buying Master Balls is a stupid idea!

My greatest catch was Giratina
    Its HP was on orange
    No status condition
    Caught it first time with an Ultra Ball

I was happy! ^_^

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    Seeing as I can just hack my game and add whatever Pokemon I want, I'd much rather have Masterballs, because going around getting every Pokemon is a pain in the rear.
    Well, that's the point of the game, buddy. ;D Something has to be challenging to make the game fun.

Well, I did it once, and almost caught all of Hoenn's Pokémons. Now that I look back, I usually just sigh in disgrace for doing such a thing.

It kinda ruins the whole point of the game having some challenges in it.

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    I dont like the idea of buying a master ball. Using cheats to get a master ball is a different story. Much more fun.

Back