• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[YGO] The least useful card?

Apple Juice

who are you
Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    In addition to the thread I had made before titled "The most useful card", this thread is up for discussion as what is the least useful card. We all know that most of them have some purpose, but what do you think poses as almost now help at all? (It dosen't matter if it's bad, just purpose-less)

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Well there are many useless cards, including all those none helpful vanilla monsters. u.u to choose one of them off the top of my head; Feral Imp.

idk its just crap, along with a lot of normal monsters.

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
  • Thousand Eyes Idol.

I suppose you'd need it for legit summoning Thousand Eyes Restrict, but if you're gonna use banned cards you might as well use Metamorphisis anyway.

Or just a fusion material substitute.

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
  • Touche, Cirrus. But at least you can Instant Fusion it, so it does serve some purpose.

But the most useless card is out there, and I'm going to find it!

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    I swear there was this one card that stated "Search for this card and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck." I can see it's uses for things decreasing your deck size and such, but....

Ah there it is. "Gather Your Mind".

Deathshot

Unregistered User
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2019
    I swear there was this one card that stated "Search for this card and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck." I can see it's uses for things decreasing your deck size and such, but....

Hahaha I used that in a deck before just to help shuffle my deck if I felt uneasy about my next draw.

But I gotta say Thousand Eyed Idol since the fusion for it is banned.

Callandor

ughhh....
    Years
  • Thousand Eyes Idol, compleatly agree. But another card that has never had any uses for me, and even took a step back, was the Sinister Serpant. I sure most of you know already what it's effect is, but for those that don't, It gets sent to the top of your deck when it's destoryed. To me all that seems to do is lose a draw.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
  • Thousand Eyes Idol, compleatly agree. But another card that has never had any uses for me, and even took a step back, was the Sinister Serpant. I sure most of you know already what it's effect is, but for those that don't, It gets sent to the top of your deck when it's destoryed. To me all that seems to do is lose a draw.

Uh.. WHAT?! It's banned for a reason; though I feel it's currently underwhelming enough to be allowed again. Re-read the effect.

As for the question, I'd say the most useless card is some stupid vanilla Monster that I can't think of like dragonomega said.

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
    Years
  • Sinister Serpent is stupidly broken... it allows you to play discard cards "for free".

You can still set Normal vanilla monsters so they are not extremely horrible... plus there is actual support for them. Rare Fish however is probably the worst ever.

Years
  • I'm not sure if you're including Spell/Trap cards, but if you are, I'd have to say Gift Card. I mean seriously, who'd want to give their opponent Life Points? :|

Combine it with Bad Reaction to Simochi:
    Spoiler:

and you opponent looses 3000LP, not so useless after all, hey?

For me, I would have to say Thousand Eyes Idol. Just because Restrict has been banned.​

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2012
    Thousand Eyes Idol.

I suppose you'd need it for legit summoning Thousand Eyes Restrict, but if you're gonna use banned cards you might as well use Metamorphisis anyway.

Or just a fusion material substitute.

Seconded. 0/0 and no effect, only good as a fusion material for Restrict. There are way too many other ways to summon a fusion monster to bother with it. It was useful back when Polymerization was the only way to get Restrict on the field, but not any more.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • Seconded. 0/0 and no effect, only good as a fusion material for Restrict. There are way too many other ways to summon a fusion monster to bother with it. It was useful back when Polymerization was the only way to get Restrict on the field, but not any more.

Thousand-Eyes Idol is one of the more useful Normal monsters out there, though. Its low level and 0 ATK gives it a lot of synergy with "useful" spells. DARK-type gives it Crush Card and the obscenely large amount of DARK support. Spellcaster lets you use it with some interesting cards like Magical Dimension. Not saying it's useful, but its got more potential than Hinotama Soul...

Gather Your Mind isn't half bad in Magical Library OTK and decks that generate a lot of Spell Counters. Of course, Spell Power Grasp, Upstart Goblin and Toon Table of Contents are better, but meh.

Apple Juice

who are you
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    I'm not sure if you're including Spell/Trap cards, but if you are, I'd have to say Gift Card. I mean seriously, who'd want to give their opponent Life Points? :|

Gift Card is amazing in nurse burn decks, and in my hilarious draw deck (25 duels, no losses! No wins either though).

Combine it with Bad Reaction to Simochi:
    Spoiler:

and you opponent looses 3000LP, not so useless after all, hey?

For me, I would have to say Thousand Eyes Idol. Just because Restrict has been banned.​

These two have a point, Gift Card is definitely not a useless card.

I'm agreeing with Digi, Gather Your Mind is pretty lame.

Callandor

ughhh....
    Years
  • Uh.. WHAT?! It's banned for a reason; though I feel it's currently underwhelming enough to be allowed again. Re-read the effect.

As for the question, I'd say the most useless card is some stupid vanilla Monster that I can't think of like dragonomega said.

Right, sorry. Reread the effect and discovered it's not as useless as I once thought it was.

Thousand-Eyes Idol is one of the more useful Normal monsters out there, though. Its low level and 0 ATK gives it a lot of synergy with "useful" spells. DARK-type gives it Crush Card and the obscenely large amount of DARK support. Spellcaster lets you use it with some interesting cards like Magical Dimension. Not saying it's useful, but its got more potential than Hinotama Soul...

And now TEI is somewhat useful. I just don't know anymore. I guess the most useless card sort of depends on the deck you use. A card that seems useless to one person may have a whole ton of uses to someone else.

Back