• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"You cannot move that Pokemon here."

DestructoDeath

Pokémon Master since '95
Years
  • Hey guys and gals,
    So I've been shiny hatching for a while now via the shiny ditto trick in gen 2 (Crystal), and I recently hatched 3 separate shiny Eevees to transfer forward to Gen 6 in order to get the later gen Eeveelutions.
    However, after transferring them directly to Pokemon Bank from Crystal via the Transporter app, and attempting to move any of them to any of my boxes in Y version, the message "You cannot move that Pokemon here" pops up.
    Does anyone know if Eevee is shiny locked in gen 6?
    I doubt Bank can tell, or even cares if you use the shiny ditto glitch to "make" these shinies.
    So yeah, not sure what's going on.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• PSX_20230427_200909.jpg
      PSX_20230427_200909.jpg
      25.7 KB · Views: 5
    • PSX_20230427_200927.jpg
      PSX_20230427_200927.jpg
      23.9 KB · Views: 3
    Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Apparently counts those digital versions of Generation 1 and 2 as having been transferred to Generation 7. Brings up the official chart, more for some specific text.
    Pokemon Bank Diagram.jpg

Says "Pokemon not sent to Sun/Moon or Ultra Sun / Ultra Moon can continue to be used in X/Y or Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire". Blocks the Eevee transfer for this reason. Counts as having been in Generation 7, despite them never setting foot in those games.

DestructoDeath

Pokémon Master since '95
    Years
  • Apparently counts those digital versions of Generation 1 and 2 as having been transferred to Generation 7. Brings up the official chart, more for some specific text.
    View attachment 105463

Says "Pokemon not sent to Sun/Moon or Ultra Sun / Ultra Moon can continue to be used in X/Y or Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire". Blocks the Eevee transfer for this reason. Counts as having been in Generation 7, despite them never setting foot in those games.

That is... Really dumb.
    So wait, the Pokemon sprites shown in that chart are meant to specify individual species you can and can't move between specific games? You'd think they'd be a little clearer on that... But convolution for the sake of being vague is okay I guess. 🙄

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • I can't remember if I ever tried myself but, if I'm reading the chart right, Virtual Console Pokémon can't be transferred to Gen. VI, only Gen. VII+.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    That is... Really dumb.
    So wait, the Pokemon sprites shown in that chart are meant to specify individual species you can and can't move between specific games? You'd think they'd be a little clearer on that... But convolution for the sake of being vague is okay I guess. 🙄
    Allows more than just the sprites shown. (Just tested this. Sent a Caterpie caught in Y to Ultra Sun.) Simply represented typical X/Y and ORAS Pokemon. Barely made the chart legible as-is without adding every possible Pokemon sprite.

Suspects the reason to do with release dates and coding.
    • X/Y: 2013
    • ORAS: 2014
    • Red/Blue (Virtual Console): early 2016
    • Sun/Moon: late 2016
    • Gold/Silver (Virtual Console): 2017

In addition: Released Pokemon Bank version 1.3 on January 25, 2017. Added compatibility with Sun/Moon in that update, as well as Generation 1 Virtual Console. Probably made no sense to devote resources to coding 1 -> 6 transfers with a shiny new game out. (Added in Ultra and Generation 2 compatibility in late 2017, for the record.) Must be more complicated than it seems to do. Perhaps something with origin information or issues releasing an X/Y/OR/AS update that late in its life?

Back