• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen You do know about Kyogre/Groudon, right?

Do you think these locations are true for the following

• Rayquaza in Dragon Den

Votes: 27 71.1%
  • Kyogre in seafom islands

Votes: 23 60.5%
  • Groudon in Dark Cave

Votes: 11 28.9%

• Total voters

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    So? GSC weren't in GBA format (if you don't count ROM-hacks), why would they care for that?

Wait, what does that have to with why there would be a DS R/S/E remake?

It seems they skip a system. GB went to GBA. GBC went to DS. GBA went to ???.

yaminokame

やみのかめ
    Years
    Actually everyone has been talking about it, it just didn't have its own thread. And there is plenty of information. After you beat the E4 and defeat all the Kanto leaders Professor Birch shows up at Professor Elm's lab and tells you that a legendary Pokemon from his region of Hoenn has appeared in Johto.

All of the bold stuff is not confirmed.

Ayselipera

I did know about this, but I'm not too excited.
    I never really use legendaries although I wish Kyorge was on ss since I like it more and thats the game I'm getting first. Anyways I thought they were just putting Kyorge and Groudon in HG/SS because R/S/E are the only games so far that aren't for the Ds (thats if you want to count kanto in HG/SS.) Still, Ho-oh and Lugia were in R/S/E as events so it makes sense that Kyorge and Groudon are in HG/SS. Although I'm not sure if they're going to be event pokemon or not?

Black Ice

[XV]
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2024
    I like how they silhouetted the Pokemon >> Way to be subtle?

It wouldn't really make much sense for Kyogre/Groudon to be event Pokemon IMO. They're already available in large quantities, so that kinda defeats the purpose.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
    Actually everyone has been talking about it, it just didn't have its own thread. And there is plenty of information. After you beat the E4 and defeat all the Kanto leaders Professor Birch shows up at Professor Elm's lab and tells you that a legendary Pokemon from his region of Hoenn has appeared in Johto. This was in that CoroCoro mag about two months ago. So Hoenn isn't going to be in the game, a pity as it may be.

It is a Johto remake. How can you not have heard about these by now???

I actually translated the captions for this picture and speaks about the Hall of Fame. So I'm assuming that they become available after you achieve that status. :/ That's just what I got out of it though.

And they're only in high quantities to people who have access to Wi-fi, and not everyone does. :/

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    All of the bold stuff is not confirmed.

It is plausible though. In Platinum, Oak came told you of the three legendary birds from Kanto once you got the National Dex (and chased him around the map, from Pal Park to Eterna City).

But you are right, not confirmed and it is just crazy to say otherwise.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
    It would be nice to meet Prof birch in a non-RSE-game for the first time... I hope it will happen. Although... When I think about it, they (Groudon and Kyogre) doesn't really seem like the kind of Pokémon that just moves to a different region just like that, legendary bird-style... But well atleast theyre there.

And yess 50 posts! (i've actually done alot more posts than that, but meh)

And hey, wouldn't it be fun if Groudon/Kyogre were roamin' too!

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    It would be nice to meet Prof birch in a non-RSE-game for the first time... I hope it will happen. Although... When I think about it, they (Groudon and Kyogre) doesn't really seem like the kind of Pokémon that just moves to a different region just like that, legendary bird-style... But well atleast theyre there.

And yess 50 posts! (i've actually done alot more posts than that, but meh)

And hey, wouldn't it be fun if Groudon/Kyogre were roamin' too!

Roaming? You mean like in Emerald?

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    We're probably getting a Hoenn remake after 5 years, since we got an RBY remake 9 years after the original games were released, and the same timespan after the GSC series was released. So we'll probably get an RSE remake after 6 years.

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    Wait. If these two are going to be in, does anyone think we'll see a comeback of DIVE?

I liked DIVE...

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Has anyone already known this?

This is from Play-Asia's pre-order section:

"Pokemon Heart Gold is a remake of Pokemon Gold, a game which first came out in 2,000. It includes revamped graphics, various new Pokemon, and new forms of previously existing Pokemon. The game also offers a special challenge after the main story is completed, in which the main character travels to the Hoenn region to catch one of two titans that fought 3 years earlier. New characters include Lunah, the Dark type gym leader of Hoenn, and Sakura, the gardening enthusiast. Supports wi-fi connection and comes with a pedometer."

:3

Not believing it until it's confirmed by a reliable source~

I'm guessing Groudon and Kyogre can be obtained after the main story is complete, and they'll be running or surfing around in the wild. Remember the legendary beasts running around Kanto after you became the champion? Sorta seems like the same thing.

Or perhaps they're going to be event Pokémon, finally making proper, productive use of the Wi-Fi connection.

Fantomix

^^^^^^^^^
    Years
    Well, to clear any confusion about the whole Hoenn thing, they most definitely will not be putting it in. Why? Well first, memory and all that claptrap, the card won't be able to accomodate three full regions, guys.
    Second, they're putting Kyogre and Groudon in because there isn't going to be Hoenn. Because of the DSi, GBA game compatibility has gone out the window, so they're putting Hoenn legendaries in so that the pawr baaabeez who have a DSi will be able to get them without having to rely on trading. I wouldn't be surprised if Latias and Latios were released as event Pokemon sometime, either.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Well, to clear any confusion about the whole Hoenn thing, they most definitely will not be putting it in. Why? Well first, memory and all that claptrap, the card won't be able to accomodate three full regions, guys.
    Second, they're putting Kyogre and Groudon in because there isn't going to be Hoenn. Because of the DSi, GBA game compatibility has gone out the window, so they're putting Hoenn legendaries in so that the pawr baaabeez who have a DSi will be able to get them without having to rely on trading. I wouldn't be surprised if Latias and Latios were released as event Pokemon sometime, either.
    Oh trust me there is enough space to put it. The game will be more or less the size of DPPt half the cart and a bit more with the fancy graphics. They could if they want but the question is would they.

Crocky

SuperScarlet!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2020
    Does anyone think there might be a subplot with Team Rocket to get Groudon or Kyogre?

Fantomix

^^^^^^^^^
    Years
    Oh trust me there is enough space to put it. The game will be more or less the size of DPPt half the cart and a bit more with the fancy graphics. They could if they want but the question is would they.

Ah, I'm probably just forgetting the size that Platinum was. Also, what do you mean by "half the cart"? (It's probably obvious, it's just that it's midnight and all.)

Does anyone think there might be a subplot with Team Rocket to get Groudon or Kyogre?

Nah, probably not. I think Groudon might have something to do with all the volcanic activity around Cinnabar and whatnot, and Kyogre... Something watery xD (yeah, I'm a bit rusty on Kanto/Johto at the moment :P). That's how it has been, generally. Talk to TV, "Oh, this random Pokemon appeared coincidentally when you defeated the Elite Four! It's been sighted at *random place*. :S

Last edited:
    Back