• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen You do know about Kyogre/Groudon, right?

Do you think these locations are true for the following

• Rayquaza in Dragon Den

Votes: 27 71.1%
  • Kyogre in seafom islands

Votes: 23 60.5%
  • Groudon in Dark Cave

Votes: 11 28.9%

• Total voters

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Half the cart space. A whole ds cart is around 128MB and platinum and dp where around 64MB. I doubt hgss would go over 80MB and if it does then that would be because of more areas and such,

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    I really can't imagine Groudon and Kyogre roaming Legendary Beasts style! It will be okay if they roamed the way they did in Emerald. I agree completely on that part Hiroshi. And Its already said that the info that is on play-asia is fake(the hoenn story and new pokemon and all that!).

Fantomix

^^^^^^^^^
    Years
    Half the cart space. A whole ds cart is around 128MB and platinum and dp where around 64MB. I doubt hgss would go over 80MB and if it does then that would be because of more areas and such,

Ah, hm. My understanding was that you can't exactly have a "whole" DS cart. They come in different sizes; something like 16mb, 32mb, 64mb, 128mb and then there's very few games that use a 256mb cart. Basically the game is put on whichever best accomodates their size, and then (I'm not completely sure on this one) it's just filled with a bunch of unnecessary code and jumble to make up the excess, hence why trimming is possible.

I really, really don't think they'd go up to 256mb, and if we were to expect Johto itself to be around as large as Sinnoh, then that + Kanto + Hoenn really wouldn't fit on the 128mb, unless they were cut down drastically (not that I expect them all to be full scale and epic or anything). Then again, I'm quite possibly wrong.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Actually by the looks of it Johto could be only half of Sinnoh while Kanto could be the other half. As I said you never know.

Fantomix

^^^^^^^^^
    Years
    Yeah, true. I'd be disappointed if they only used a 64mb cartridge for both regions, though. With all the new features and such, they'd really be cramming it in there. However, this has gone far enough off topic, I'd say :P.

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2012
    Wow!! I think Kyogre would suit SoulSiver... And Groudon would definately suit Heart Gold...

No, they wouldn't. Not in that combination. Kyogre and Lugia = Water-ish Leganedaries. Groudon and Ho-oh = Fire-ish legendaries. This was probably done in this order more for legendary type balnce because then SoulSilver would have a type advantage against HeartGold, since everyone loves battling their exclusive legendaries. it would lead to a bias in type match-ups.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
    Ah, I'm probably just forgetting the size that Platinum was. Also, what do you mean by "half the cart"? (It's probably obvious, it's just that it's midnight and all.)

Nah, probably not. I think Groudon might have something to do with all the volcanic activity around Cinnabar and whatnot, and Kyogre... Something watery xD (yeah, I'm a bit rusty on Kanto/Johto at the moment :P). That's how it has been, generally. Talk to TV, "Oh, this random Pokemon appeared coincidentally when you defeated the Elite Four! It's been sighted at *random place*. :S

When you think about that there will be no Groudon in HG and no Kyogre in SS, then the thought of havin' G and K in different places would make the games missin' a part of the plot that is in the other one, since you can't just use the same dialog for two different areas. I know that it would be cool, and doesn't sound that weird, but it just doesn't seem that Pokémonish, if you get my point. They usually don't do that...
    But again, it would be cool.

If it were, and Groudon would really lay at Cinnabar, then a good place for Kyogre might be Seafoam isles... Theyre pretty close, and since Articuno is gone from there (roamin' in Sinnoh with Zaptos and Moltres ^^), it could make sense. Blaine's gym is there, but there's TWO islands, right?
    Another area could be Tohjo falls, or possibly Mount Mortar... Whirl Islands would be great, but Lugia is there if you haven't catched it yet, so yea... Maybe another of the four Isles?

The possibilities here are many, but the chanses are that they'll just create a whole new area, or... Maybe not even that...?

Greene1516

Scratching the surface...
    Years
    Not believing it until it's confirmed by a reliable source~

I'm guessing Groudon and Kyogre can be obtained after the main story is complete, and they'll be running or surfing around in the wild. Remember the legendary beasts running around Kanto after you became the champion? Sorta seems like the same thing.

Or perhaps they're going to be event Pokémon, finally making proper, productive use of the Wi-Fi connection.

You are right not to believe it since it was confirmed that there is no Hoenn region. All that was mentioned is that Kyogre/Groudon show upin Johot, but people decide to add their own little piece saying Hoenn is in because that is what they want.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
    https://www.pokemon.co.jp/special/hgss/character/rocket01.html

I feel that this link may help us on the guessing on this Kyogre/Groudon Subplot. If you look at the top, there is the section with Team Rocket (which the link leads to). But if you continue to look, you will noticed there are three "Coming Soon" tabs. I believe these may just be Team Magma, Team Aqua, and Team Galactic.

The Team Magma and Team Aqua could be in this game for this little subplot, and the reason I think Team Galactic might be is because of the Arceus event (that I highly doubt they'd be there for). This is just speculation though. xD

So I think there might just be a separate little storyline for this whole thing and they might try to avoid the roaming legendary thing from Emerald.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    https://www.pokemon.co.jp/special/hgss/character/rocket01.html

I feel that this link may help us on the guessing on this Kyogre/Groudon Subplot. If you look at the top, there is the section with Team Rocket (which the link leads to). But if you continue to look, you will noticed there are three "Coming Soon" tabs. I believe these may just be Team Magma, Team Aqua, and Team Galactic.

The Team Magma and Team Aqua could be in this game for this little subplot, and the reason I think Team Galactic might be is because of the Arceus event (that I highly doubt they'd be there for). This is just speculation though. xD

So I think there might just be a separate little storyline for this whole thing and they might try to avoid the roaming legendary thing from Emerald.
    No because the whole page is labeled as rocket meaning it will be for rocket only.
    They have to go upto that if they want to include all the goodies!
    No they do not. I clearly stated it is completely possible to have the game with 2 regions and the graphics they are giving us without going over 80MB.

MechaTrickster

Another person in the world
    Years
    Theres gonna be alot of legendaries in this game if you didn't catch or trade legendaries from previous you get another chance now. Like when arceus gives you a lvl 1 palkia, diagla, or giratinas

derozio

Years
    No they do not. I clearly stated it is completely possible to have the game with 2 regions and the graphics they are giving us without going over 80MB.
    How come? Even Platinum was 128mb in size. Don't be angry and please explain if you will.

MechaTrickster

Another person in the world
    Years
    They might have to take out a few things to make the size smaller so its playable.

I mean imagine a pokemon game wheres it takes 20 minutes to catch a pokemon cause the game is so slow and glitchy ):

Vyro

Master Douchelord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    Yes! I can finally get a groudon who doesn't suck!

derozio

Years
    Ah yeah it is 128MB. I didn't know that I thought it was the 64MB it was. So yeah possibly have to go with it.

I can confirm it was 128 mb as I play on an emulator. I just mentioned 256mb as even some crap roms are at 128 mb. As HGSS are looking the way they are now I think that it will be 256 mb in size.

Back