• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen You do know about Kyogre/Groudon, right?

Do you think these locations are true for the following

• Rayquaza in Dragon Den

Votes: 27 71.1%
  • Kyogre in seafom islands

Votes: 23 60.5%
  • Groudon in Dark Cave

Votes: 11 28.9%

• Total voters

Ayselipera

I agree that the Sevii islands could possibly appear in HG/SS, but I don't know about the whole Navel rock and orbs.

Momoko

OMGOODNESS THATS NOT TRUE WDF!
    Years
    Haha im somewhat excited, but its nothin super special, really. Im glad that i will be able to capture Groundon in Soul Silver, though ;D
    Haha i wonder what level they will be at?

:3

3:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2013
    I love how the Kyogre and Groudon and Rayquaza are just shadows.

Like we're not supposed to know what Pokemon those are :pp

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I dont think they will be traveling.

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
    I've seen this somewhere on the forums :s
    Anyways, rumor has it catching Rayquaza will be like catching Regigigas. You will need Kyogre and Groudon to awaken it.
    But I am sure you all knew this via picture right?

Luap25

yeah.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2011
    Why? (Hoenn Legendaries)

So we all know that Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza are in HG/SS. I just want to know why they put Kyogre in Heart Gold and Groudon in Soul Silver, since Kyogre is in sapphire, the 'secondary' game in Generation III (You say "Ruby and Sapphire", not "Sapphire and Ruby"), and now it's in Heart Gold, the 'primary' game of the Gen. IV remakes, and vice-versa for Groudon being in Soul Silver.

In the screenshots below, you can see that Kyogre is placed on a platform with glowing red patterns (they also look slightly gold, probably to match "Heart Gold"), and Groudon is standing on a platform with blue patterns (same as before, they look a little silver to match "Soul Silver"). Why is this? It seems like Groudon/Kyogre should be standing on their respective colors, reddish gold for Groudon and blueish silver for Kyogre, since Rayquaza is standing on a green pattern. This would mean Groudon in Heart Gold and Kyogre in Soul Silver.

I don't know, it just seems to make a lot more since to me is they put Groudon in HG and Kyogre in SS. Also, this question may have been asked before, but I couldn't find it anywhere.

View attachment 48824

View attachment 48826

View attachment 48825

Greene1516

Scratching the surface...
    Years
    Well if you think back, Kyogre was possessed by the Red Orb and Groudon by the Blue Orb. So it fits better. Either way, it doesn't really matter.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    It's such a minor thing, really. I don't even know what to say...just to spice it up? Maybe they assumed those who were Ruby goers would chase HeartGold and vice verse with Sapphire/SoulSilver.

Finnel

Years
    Kyogre has red patterns on its body, the ground it's on has red patterns. Groudon... Doesn't have blue patterns, but it fits. Also the Orbs, yeah.

Why Kyogre is in HG and Groudon in SS... Well, why not? We wouldn't know anyway.

Luap25

yeah.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2011
    Well if you think back, Kyogre was possessed by the Red Orb and Groudon by the Blue Orb. So it fits better. Either way, it doesn't really matter.

Well I guess that explains the colors. Also, I just remembered that Kyogre does have red patterns on its body, so it makes since for it to be on a red platform. But still I find it kind of odd that the mascot of the secondary game of Gen. III is in the primary game of the remakes...

EDIT: wow, you guys took the words out of my mouth XD I didn't realize that there were two more posts before i posted my response. I guess you're right, SilverSmeargleSplatter, it's probably just to spice it up.
    It does make me angry though that I always got the primary game, except for in Gen. III, when for some reason, I got Sapphire. Arrgh! Now I won't be able to have Groudon, since I'm getting Heart Gold (because I originally had Gold)! I guess there's always trading....

Last edited:

thegeneticway

"He has kickin' powers"-Trixie
    Years
    It really doesn't matter.

Since both games have the same Johto Legendaries, if you really wanted Kyogre, you would go for HG and vice cersa for SS

But I do get what you are saying

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    It makes sense blah.
    Ho-oh is Fire
    Lugia is a wannabe water when you catch it (Hydro Pump)

And:
    Groudon is a wannabe Fire with his Fire attacks
    Kyogre is water.

Then: one game will have Fire&water, one game will have (wannabes)water&fire.
    Yeah, weird explanation, and some people without any sense of humor would kill meh o:

MiniEggs

Working On Something Spritey.
    Years
    is that really necessary? does it matter. If you want Kyogre- get Heart Gold. If you want Groundon- get Soul Silver. Done.

Luap25

yeah.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2011
    It makes sense blah.
    Ho-oh is Fire
    Lugia is a wannabe water when you catch it (Hydro Pump)

And:
    Groudon is a wannabe Fire with his Fire attacks
    Kyogre is water.

Then: one game will have Fire&water, one game will have (wannabes)water&fire.
    Yeah, weird explanation, and some people without any sense of humor would kill meh o:

That is actually a pretty good explanation XD. It wouldn't make sense to have two water legends in one game (or one water and one wannabe water haha) or two fires.

is that really necessary? does it matter. If you want Kyogre- get Heart Gold. If you want Groundon- get Soul Silver. Done.

I'm not sure now, it's not that big a deal, I'll probably still get Heart Gold, but I may get Soul Silver just for Groudon.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    That is actually a pretty good explanation XD. It wouldn't make sense to have two water legends in one game (or one water and one wannabe water haha) or two fires.

I'm not sure now, it's not that big a deal, I'll probably still get Heart Gold, but I may get Soul Silver just for Groudon.
    Yeah, thanks lol. Though I forgot one thing: both HG and SS will have Ho-oh&Lugia. Yet it doesn't ruin my explanation, because Groudon/Kyogre are still the "opposites" of the game's mascot.

Back