• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You hate this (Pokemon Omniverse)

Should I continue with this?

• Definitely! This is awesome!

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Yes, it could be good

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Hmm... Maybe

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • No, not really

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO. This is a horrid piece of trash. Bin anyone?

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ace_McPhail

Dancing Mad
Years
  • You love this (Pokemon Omniverse)

Pokemon Omniverse
    (and it hates LOVES you)

Reminder: I'm new at this so don't hate on it. If you love it, it will love you.
    If you hate it, it will hate you. Hence the title.

Story:

Spoiler:

Features:
    A new snow filled region, filled with familiar faces and faces, and some not so familiar
    Easter Eggs
    Tricky puzzles
    New gym types
    Find out who Anita Rigg is and why she is familiar
    Discover the reason behind the space time fluxes
    Interesting scenery and (most likely) new tiles.
    AND OTHER STUFF. ^_^
    Stay tuned.

Screenies (woot):

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Videos:
    None,Darnit

Credits:
    Creator: Me
    Mapper: Me (spots open)
    Storyline helper: Sophidius
    Scripter: none (scripting hates me. And I hate it. Spots open )
    Advisor: none (spots open)
    Sprite inserter: Me (but I am still getting used to it. Spots open)
    Spriter: Me (spots open)
    Beta Tester: none (spots... ah stuff it)
    Blegh, spots open for everything. XP
    Oh and the tiles came in a snow patch made by Green Charizard/Dragon from WAH

Progress:
    Maps: Pretty low, the screenies are the "major" maps I've done so far.
    Scripting: 0%
    Sprites: 0.01% >_> One

Well, help needed. Thanks in advance.
    No flaming, trolling, bashing etc allowed in this thread. NONE D:<

Last edited:

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Wow nice I like the screenies.
    Nice maps too, I hope you keep up with this.

Ace_McPhail

Dancing Mad
    Years
  • The forest map is nice but I'm not too fond of the other maps. That and the harsh palettes :(
    Still, this looks pretty nice. Good luck :)
    Yeah, true, the snow is very bright, but ingame there's mostly rain and snowflakes which darken the screen, so it itsn't a bright. Thanks for commenting. ^_^
    Thanks everyone for the good comments. :D

- Ace_McPhail

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Hmm, the first map looks good, however if its a snowy region shouldn't the mountains and buildings have some covering too? :)

Ace_McPhail

Dancing Mad
    Years
  • Thanks for the suggestion. No, I can't really because I haven't got rock to snow tiles, and I can't make any. >_< Again, thanks for suggesting

- Ace_McPhail

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    The map ideas seem good put you can kind of tell what maps you edited to make them xD. Like, the first map was most likely Petalburg Woods before. Second, Petalburg. The third doesnt look too much like any other map but I could name a few it has similar surrounding shapes of. Third, Route 103. Not to be a pain, just trying to be constructive. Changing the third at least is your best bet, because it's a dead giveaway of being Route 103 before.

Last edited:

Ace_McPhail

Dancing Mad
    Years
  • The map ideas seem good put you can kind of tell what maps you edited to make them xD. Like, the first map was most likely Petalburg Forest before. Second, Petalburg. The third doesnt look too much like any other map but I could name a few it has similar surrounding shapes of. Third, Route 103. Not to be a pain, just trying to be constructive. Changing the third at least is your best bet, because it's a dead giveaway of being Route 103 before.

Well, there is a special reason why they look pretty similar. But I can't give it away cos of major plot breaking. D: Do not want plot breaking. But I might change them a bit more just in case it looks sloppy. Thanks for the comments! ^_^

- Ace_McPhail

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    Well, there is a special reason why they look pretty similar. But I can't give it away cos of major plot breaking. D: Do not want plot breaking. But I might change them a bit more just in case it looks sloppy. Thanks for the comments! ^_^

- Ace_McPhail
    Oh, okay. Btw, with the rom base you're using, you might want to edit some of the blocks, as some of the behaviors are wrong on them. I realized that when I used it awhile back.

Ace_McPhail

Dancing Mad
    Years
  • Ah, thankyou for the tip. I think I might have found some already... I'll get to that when I have a tile person >_> Yet again, thanks ^_^

- Ace_McPhail

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Niiice.But you lack confidnce.What's with the title? "You hate this"

i think its better if you change it,but who am i to say this?Your decision.

did you inserted the tiles yourself?

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Niiice.But you lack confidnce.What's with the title? "You hate this"

i think its better if you change it,but who am i to say this?Your decision.

did you inserted the tiles yourself?

Heed to what he said. Lack of confidence can lead to failure.

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    I noticed a tag in this thread. "Fail"?
    Man,this is going to down if you dont get a hold of yourself.

Sophidius

Need a storyline? PM me!
    Years
  • Nice hack you got there :D I like the general idea and I definitely think this hack has potential.
    And the philosophic prologue is also very convincing: Coincidence or Fate? Since I don't believe in Fate I think everything happens coincidentally, even the Big Bang and life on Earth.
    If you want I could help you with the storyline :D

Ace_McPhail

Dancing Mad
    Years
  • I called it "You hate this" as a joke D: And fail was for fun as well. Meh, I'll change it anyway. (if I can figure out how)
    Well, anyway, I am completely confident in Omniverse. I don't really care if people don't like it (which doesn't seem to be happening, which is good!), I'll stick with this hack. Thanks though for caring! ^_^ I may do some wierd things, but they turn out alright. I'll stop ranting in self defence, k? XP Oh and btw, no I didn't put those tiles in by myself. It was somebody named Green Dragon/Charizard from WAH I think...

- Ace_McPhail

PS. How did that vote get there? D: Oh well. Safari Time! XP
    PSPS. Thanks for the comments sophidius! I love making stuff that you can think about ^_^ And if you're sure about it, you can hop onboard the Omniverse Bandwagon! XP Just PM me if you need anything.

Ace_McPhail

Dancing Mad
    Years
  • New things!

Spoiler:

Those are some new, and in the case of the first one, updated routes.
    Just to show that it's not dead. ^_^ I'm quite proud of these few maps, but I will change them quite a bit, especially the last one.
    Well, that's pretty much all, be sure to check the first post! ^_^

- Ace_McPhail

Back