• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You know what really Grinds my gears!

Lt_Nite

GnR for life!
Years
  • So many things lol mostly when you can't escape from a pokemon when you really need to or when it seems like every three steps you run into a pokemon.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Well your certainty is false, it came to my mind so i posted it, not sure if family guy has anything related to what makes you mad about pokemon though.

Don't know when I said I can mad about Pokemon but ok...

it grinds my gears when people are stupid give stupid nicknames to Pokemon (Why is every single Spiritomb I see named Judas? Is that some sort of inside joke?)

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • Let's tryy reasembelling my Golden Graveler meeting ...

*Goes through Pearl's Victory Road*
    Wild Graveler appeared ! *sparkles ! so sparkly ! golden ! he IS mine ...*
    Go , Machoke ! (Both Pokemon were Lv. 42)
    Machoke used Karrate Chop !
    Super Effective ! Critical !
    Graveler remained on red HP !!
    Graveler used Rock Throw ! The attack missed !
    Seco tossed a Dusk Ball !
    Graveler popped out on the last switch !
    Graveler used Explosion !!!

*facepalm*suicide*pops out cartridge and loses all VR progress*

well , that IS really annoying ! >>____<<

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2010
    when a gym leader or an eleat 4 uses a super potion just before i finish him off

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    When Regice uses struggle, rather than getting caught in my Premier Balls....(spent 1,000,000+ pokedollars getting over 100 premier balls, to find it only lasts 48 turns)

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2018
    Whenever your foe uses an attack like Sand-Attack or Double-team over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Editman

Pokemon Collector
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    Whenever your foe uses an attack like Sand-Attack or Double-team over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Yes I hate this!

Plus, when you use mean look on a pokemon, and it kills your pokemon, while your trying to catch it.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Let's tryy reasembelling my Golden Graveler meeting ...

I can give you a Shiny Graveler if you want...

Oh another thing, when you got 6 Pokemon and the gym leader your fighting has one left thats on steroids as it OHKOs all your Pokemon and you lose because if you get it close to death they have all the hyper potions, full restore, etc. Thats rather annoying...

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • Let's tryy reasembelling my Golden Graveler meeting ...

Oh my god, this exact same thing happened to me in gold against a shiny Pineco. Battle went like:

Go Haunter (I was training)
    Hanuter uses Night shade! (Pineco has a smidge over half health)
    Pineco uses (some attack)!
    Haunter uses Hypnosis!
    PIneco is asleep
    Haunter uses Night Shade!
    PIneco wakes up!
    Pineco uses Selfdestruct!
    *me cursing and going into my inventory, looking at the pokeball i was going to catch it with, only to realize that was the game that I used the duplicate glitch and had like 4 masterballs.*
    **me turning off the game and losing all my progress*

Miria

A wild Miria appeared!
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 13, 2010
    Hehe Graveler ALWAYS uses explosion or Selfdestruct! :P Grrr.. Or when you're trying to catch something and they accidentally get confused and kill themselves off before you can throw the Pokéball at them.. -_-'

I'm telling you though.. Pokémon Battle Revolution have some SUPER LUCK in the 8th level of battling..! It can drive me nuts sometimes. lol

Years
  • When playing Pokemon games on the DS this problem has happened to me and it REALLY grinds my gears!
    When I am about to catch a pokemon (Uxie was the first experience I had with this problem) after battling and lowering the Pokemons HP, gave it a status too, it was perfect time to catch it, and ooops. I clicked run away instead of iterms... FML!

Lucariotoes

Ah-woo.
    Years
  • When you're trying like mad to level up and no trainers want to battle you again after using the Vs. Seeker. Trying to fight random Pokemon for EXP is usually not very good... well, that AND Gravelers always blowing themselves up. Hence why I never face them in the wild unless I'm sure I can one-hit them.

What is up with Japanese games and self-destructing rocks though? I mean, there's Bomb Crag or whatever it's called from Dragon Quest, and then there's Geodude's kin...

Porygon-Z

Silph Agent
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2010
    I was battling this guys crescellia over wifi, with my slowbro and we'd both maxed out calm mind so it was more or less just waiting to see who got the first crit.

I was using surf so it was all good, but I decided to switch to using psychic for a while to see if I could lower his sp.def, and after 10 turns of using surf with no crit, I get the crit the first time I use psychic...not ver effective indeed!

Back