• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You know you play too much Pokemon When...

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2010
    You know you play too much Pokemon when you try to avoid tall grass at all times. Except when you have a Pokeball, of course.

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2010
    You know you play too much pokemon when you dress up in pokemon cosplay, when your not at a convention.

redbaron2005

Pokemon Discovery Team
    Years
    You know when you play too much Pokemon when you're left thumb has become numb, and you're right thumb is so hard you can put a needle in it :laugh:

AffectionateGizmos

Pokemon Plushie Maker
    Years
    awesome idea 4 a thread!!! You know you play too much Pokemon when... you play the guess what pokemon I am game in bed with your boyfriend at stupid o clock in the morning :D

Years
    You know you play/watch too much pokemon when..You can sing every theme song and sing every pokemons name isn alphabetical order to your friends while acting like a pokemon.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    you know you play too much pokemon when you wake up the neighborhood shouting "GO (insert name of favorite pokemon here)!!!!!!!!!" in your sleep.

Tanaki

←Lazy ADHD Trainer
    Years
    You know you play too much Pokemon when the first thing that comes to your mind when you see an animal is what kind of pokemon looks like it. (Happens every day with my cats. I think of one as a Purugly every time I see her and I call the other one Skitty mistakenly.)

sandeon

My Brand!
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2022
    When you pretend you're a water pokemon in a swimming pool

i'm always Mudkip :/
    I used to do this. As I remember, I was squirtle. (but my memory sucks)

Hmm, You know you play too much pokemon when you tell people to stop making fun of you or you'll get your kangaskan all up in their grill. (Ive done that)

IceFireLighnting

You know you play too much Pokemon when you try dressing your dogs up like Latios and Latias for your b-day party. Almost guilty... NOOOOOOOT!

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
    ^ ^ ^
    That has happened to me way too many times. Usually it's just a quick cameo though.

You know you play Pokemon too much when you use the names of your least favorite Pokemon as insults.

"TURN OFF THAT MUSIC YOU LOUDRED!!"

"You're dumber than a Bidoof and a Slowpoke combined."

You know you play Pokemon too much when you swear to everybody you know that you saw a Lapras that day at the beach.

"I'm telling you man! He was right on the horizon how could you not see it!?"

You know you play Pokemon too much when you are afraid to step into grass of any sort.

"I'm sorry. I can't go to baseball practice because who knows what will jump out at me when I step into the field..."

You know you play Pokemon too much when you experience regular computer crashes due to your huge amount of emulators.

"Ooh this Pokemon Emerald ROM is good quality! Now let's get back to Pokemon Gold. Oops I need to check how well the cheat is working in FireRed..."

*computer crashes*

"Aw man..."

You know you play Pokemon too much when you think that Satoshi Tajiri actually has Pokemon but is keeping them from the public as a conspiracy.

"I'm telling you! One of these days the press is gonna release the story about all of his hidden Pokemon. We'll see who's laughing then!!"

You know you play Pokemon too much when you have had every birthday party you have ever had themed in that style.

"Happy 37th birthday!"

"Uh Steve? What's with the guy dressed as a Ludicolo?

"What are you talking about?! This is a real Ludicolo!"

You know you play Pokemon too much when you start a forum called Pokecommunity! ^_^

Rukario: "At last! I've created a place where fans can meet!"

*You have 1 new message*

*Hi! I'm Satoshi Tajiri! I like your site! Would you like me to send you a real Pokemon I've been keeping secret?*

Rukario: 0_o

Thanks for reading my reasons!

With all regards,

-ChrisTom

Syphr

Happy to meet new people ^^
    Years
    You know you play too much Pokemon when you go fishing and you wait for the "..."s.

Corruptodile

Ma chérie, Je t'aime.
    Years
    • Age 30
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 19, 2016
    You know you play too much Pokémon when you wear a hat or bandana. And never take it off. Even inside a building, it stays on.

shininglatios217

Wayward Son
    Years
    You know you play too much Pokémon when

1. ...you think Giegue from the game Mother/EarthBound Zero looks a lot like Mewtwo.

2. ...you start seeing Team Rocket in every single villain trio (I thought that when I saw Doronjo, Boyacky and Tonzura from Yatterman).

3. ...you can't stop thinking about Pokémon.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2010
    you know you're playing too much pokemon when you're planning out teams on paper, just for fun.

Back