• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You make the Card!

Voltagenic

got djent?
Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2011
    I've been to a special site, and here's my card:

createcard.php.jpg

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • Well, Icha, even though it's preferable to swipe your opponent's monster, I should think that 3x Beastking is a no-brainer in a Bio-Tech deck, especially since Bio-Tech Polymers in your deck are treated as 'Polymerization'. Anyways, I know that it's a rare type of monster which is why I gave it a strong effect to compensate. ;3 As for Dark Assembly Line; it's not like all continuous traps are very trapish *Cough* Solemn Wishes *Cough*. Personally, I don't see that much difference considering the effect.

Illusionist Warlock: Yeah, this is begging for a 'limited' stamp since it's Dark Magician of Chaos reborn with benefits.

Illusionist Summoner: I'm going to offer you an optional change: how about making it so that the monster itself counts as two tributes and can, additionally, be split into two single-tribute tokens? Just as a thought. Neat card, though. ^^

Illusionist Zombie: Eh, why not raise it to 400 at least? 500 wouldn't be that overpowered either. As it is, the build up is a bit too slow for it to be useful.

Illusionist Vampire: Going to have to agree with Icha on this one; it's just not a very vampiric effect. Effect-wise, it's pretty much a slightly tougher D.D. Assailant since it wipes out monsters without needing to make a trade-off straight away.

MysticManyula said:
    Do you like 'em?

Does it matter? It's not like you ever do anything here but post random cards and repeat that phrase, regardless of what people say or don't say about your cards. -.-

Dark Wipe-Out: Sort of very generic, but I guess it has its uses. *Shrug* Throw in DNA Transplant and you've got yourself a discard-free Lightning Vortex.

Dark Tank Dragon: Meh, good stats and potentially breaktacular effect, but the materials are so weak that I'm not sure it's worth the bother of a fusion summon. The wording is wrong, but it's not like you'd do anything about it if I gave a correction.

Cloaked Black Knight: Am I the only one who finds it odd that a knight is a spellcaster? o.O Anyways, I'd take Exiled Force - or even Gilford the Lightning - over this one any day. Destroying a single monster is not worth the bother of summoning a high-level monster. :\

And now for something on the show-off side of gameplay:

The Final Trial
    Equip Spell

This card can only be equiped to 'Princess Curran' or 'Princess Pikeru'. This face-up card on the field can not be destroyed by any card effects controlled by your opponent. If the equipped monster is 'Princess Curran', place one Trial Counter (Maximum three) on this card each time you inflict direct damage to your opponent. If the equipped monster is 'Princess Pikeru', place one Trial Counter (Maximum three) on this card each time you gain Life Points. When there are three Trial Counters on this card, tribute the equipped monster. If you tributed 'Princess Curran', Special Summon one 'Queen Curran' from your Hand or Deck. If you tributed 'Princess Pikeru', Special Summon one 'Queen Pikeru' from your Hand or Deck.

Queen Curran
    Spellcaster/Effect
    6 Star/Dark
    3000 Atk / 0 Def

The name of this card on the Field is considered to be "Princess Curran". This card can not be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by the effect of "The Final Trial". During your Standby Phase, inflict 900 points of damage to your opponent for each monster on your opponent's side of the field.. Whenever a "Royal" monster on your Field attacks with an Atk that is higher than the Def of your opponent's Defense Position monster, inflict the difference as Battle Damage to your opponent. When this card on the Field would be destroyed, you may tribute a "Royal" monster on your Field instead.

Queen Pikeru
    Spellcaster/Effect
    6 Star/Light
    3000 Atk / 0 Def

The name of this card on the Field is considered to be "Princess Pikeru". This card can not be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by the effect of "The Final Trial". During your Standby Phase, increase your Life Points by 1200 points for each monster on your side of the field. Whenever a "Royal" monster on your Field inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent, gain Life Points equal to half the damage inflicted. When this card on the Field would be destroyed, you may tribute a "Royal" monster on your Field instead.

Last edited:

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
  • Um...

The Queens

Good. They're powerful, yes, but they do require a specific summoning method, which is much easier to pull off through the use of "Coronation of the Princesses". Jeez, all these royal monsters... maybe I should develop an anarchist card line to go with?

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • Actually, ACC, you can't take the easy way out here: the queens are only considered to have their princess names on the field, so you'll have to use trial to get them out there first. Unless...*Evil grin*

Rise of the Twin Queens
    Normal Spell

This card can only be activated by discarding your Hand and tributing "Princess Curran" and "Princess Pikeru" from your Field while "Court of Nobles" is on your Field. Special Summon one "Queen Curran" and one "Queen Pikeru" from your Deck, ignoring summoning conditions.

That heart of the cardsey enough for your, Frostweaver? xD *Shot*

Anyways, taking a break from royalty for a while:

Bio-Tech Vampire

Machine/Fusion/Effect
    10 Star/Dark
    1400 Atk / 1200 Def

Bio-Tech Leech + Any level 5 or higher Plant, Insect, or Zombie Type monster

This card can not be Special Summoned except by the effect of "Bio-Tech Polymer". Whenever this card would be sent to the Graveyard, it is returned to your Fusion Deck instead. This card gains 300 Atk for each card on your opponent's Field and in his/her Hand. This card can attack your opponent directly. If it attacks using this effect, any Battle Damage inflicted by the attack is reduced by half. Whenever this card deals Battle Damage to your opponent as a result of a direct attack, select a card at random from your opponent's Hand and place it face-down in his/her Spell and Trap card zone. A card set by this effect can not be flipped face-up. When a card placed on your opponent's Field by this effect is destroyed, it is returned to its owner's Hand. When this card is removed from the Field, all cards placed on your opponent's Field by this card's effect are returned to their owner's Hand.

Bio-Tech Twincore
    Machine/Fusion/Effect
    10 Star / Light
    2000 Atk / 1500 Def

Bio-Tech Liquid Core + Bio-Tech Plasma Core

This card can not be Special Summoned except by the effect of "Bio-Tech Polymer". Whenever this card would be sent to the Graveyard, it is returned to your Fusion Deck instead. This card can not be destroyed or removed from the Field by any card effects except "Bio-Tech Polymer"'s. Once per turn, when this card would be destroyed by battle it is not destroyed. All Battle Damage from battles involving this card is doubled and inflicted to your opponent.

Bio-Tech Overdragon
    Machine/Fusion/Effect
    10 Star/Fire
    1800 Atk / 1600 Def

Bio-Tech Battlewyrm + Any level 5 or higher Dinosaur, Dragon, or Reptile Type monster

This card can not be Special Summoned except by the effect of "Bio-Tech Polymer". Whenever this card would be sent to the Graveyard, it is returned to your Fusion Deck instead. Whenever this card destroys your opponent's monster by battle, select and activate one of the following:

- This card can attack once again in a row.

- Increase the Atk of this card by 700 for as long as it remains on the Field.

Bio-Tech Juggernaught
    Machine/Fusion/Effect
    10 Star/Earth
    2600 Atk / 1300 Def

Bio-Tech Automaton + Any level 5 or higher Machine or Rock Type monster

This card can not be Special Summoned except by the effect of "Bio-Tech Polymer". Whenever this card would be sent to the Graveyard, it is returned to your Fusion Deck instead. This card can attack all your opponent's Attack Position monsters on the same Battle Phase. On the End Phase of a turn when this card destroyed your opponent's monster by battle and sent it to the Graveyard, all Defense Position monsters on your opponent's Field are switched into Attack Position (Card effects are not activated) and may not be switched back until your next turn.

Last edited:

Gabri

m8
    Years
  • The Bio-Techs are a bit confusing... And I don't think a 2600 ATK monster would have 10 stars if Blue-Eyes White Dragon has 3000 ATK and has 8 stars. The Princesses are god, but a bit confusing too... anways, here's my card:

Name: Diablo Dragon
    Card Type: Effect Monster
    Level/Type/Attribute: 9 Stars/Dragon/Dark
    Effect: No more Spell/Trap Cards can be played.
    ATK/DEF: 3950/2800
    Rarity: Ultra-Rare

(I'll not repeat that phrase because it is getting annoying.)

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Rise of the Twin Queens
    Normal Spell

This card can only be activated by discarding your Hand and tributing "Princess Curran" and "Princess Pikeru" from your Field while "Court of Nobles" is on your Field. Special Summon one "Queen Curran" and one "Queen Pikeru" from your Deck, ignoring summoning conditions.

Um...one-card hand to bring out both at once? Okay...but there's still getting both Princesses out at once

Bio-Tech Vampire

Machine/Fusion/Effect
    10 Star/Dark
    1400 Atk / 1200 Def

Bio-Tech Leech + Any level 5 or higher Plant, Insect, or Zombie Type monster

This card can not be Special Summoned except by the effect of "Bio-Tech Polymer". Whenever this card would be sent to the Graveyard, it is returned to your Fusion Deck instead. This card gains 300 Atk for each card on your opponent's Field and in his/her Hand. This card can attack your opponent directly. If it attacks using this effect, any Battle Damage inflicted by the attack is reduced by half. Whenever this card deals Battle Damage to your opponent as a result of a direct attack, select a card at random from your opponent's Hand and place it face-down in his/her Spell and Trap card zone. A card set by this effect can not be flipped face-up. When a card placed on your opponent's Field by this effect is destroyed, it is returned to its owner's Hand. When this card is removed from the Field, all cards placed on your opponent's Field by this card's effect are returned to their owner's Hand.

S/T lock while, at the same time, dealing a hefty amount of damage...not bad for a Bio-Tech.

Bio-Tech Twincore
    Machine/Fusion/Effect
    10 Star / Light
    2000 Atk / 1500 Def

Bio-Tech Liquid Core + Bio-Tech Plasma Core

This card can not be Special Summoned except by the effect of "Bio-Tech Polymer". Whenever this card would be sent to the Graveyard, it is returned to your Fusion Deck instead. This card can not be destroyed or removed from the Field by any card effects except "Bio-Tech Polymer"'s. Once per turn, when this card would be destroyed by battle it is not destroyed. All Battle Damage from battles involving this card is doubled and inflicted to your opponent.

Shrink, anyone? That effect really is quite painful. At least its only 100 below Cyber Dragon...

Bio-Tech Overdragon
    Machine/Fusion/Effect
    10 Star/Fire
    1800 Atk / 1600 Def

Bio-Tech Battlewyrm + Any level 5 or higher Dinosaur, Dragon, or Reptile Type monster

This card can not be Special Summoned except by the effect of "Bio-Tech Polymer". Whenever this card would be sent to the Graveyard, it is returned to your Fusion Deck instead. Whenever this card destroys your opponent's monster by battle, select and activate one of the following:

- This card can attack once again in a row.

- Increase the Atk of this card by 700 for as long as it remains on the Field.

Sweep your opponent then finish it up by increasing its ATK. Gets stumped by the higher-ATK beatsticks, though.

Bio-Tech Juggernaught
    Machine/Fusion/Effect
    10 Star/Earth
    2600 Atk / 1300 Def

Bio-Tech Automaton + Any level 5 or higher Machine or Rock Type monster

This card can not be Special Summoned except by the effect of "Bio-Tech Polymer". Whenever this card would be sent to the Graveyard, it is returned to your Fusion Deck instead. This card can attack all your opponent's Attack Position monsters on the same Battle Phase. On the End Phase of a turn when this card destroyed your opponent's monster by battle and sent it to the Graveyard, all Defense Position monsters on your opponent's Field are switched into Attack Position (Card effects are not activated) and may not be switched back until your next turn.

Yeah, Juggernaut will get some considerable play as some sort of OTKO. That high an ATK will run over Cyber, Monarchs, and pretty much anything else I can think of that gets played.

MysticManyula said:
    The Bio-Techs are a bit confusing... And I don't think a 2600 ATK monster would have 10 stars if Blue-Eyes White Dragon has 3000 ATK and has 8 stars. The Princesses are god, but a bit confusing too... anways, here's my card:

Name: Diablo Dragon
    Level/Type/Attribute: 9 Stars/Dragon/Dark
    Effect: No more Spell/Trap Cards can be played.
    ATK/DEF: 3950/2800

(I'll not repeat that phrase because it is getting annoying.)

...For both our sakes, I'll ignore that first part...Your card is just plain wrong. A monster with that much ATK and blocking everything not a monster? That only leaves a few ways to get rid of it (all that comes to mind right now is Mole & Exiled). Broken.

Gabri

m8
    Years
  • Another ones:

Name: Blow Bomb
    Level/Type/Attribute: 3 Stars/Machine/Fire
    Effect: Offer this card as a Tribute to destroy all the cards on the opponent's field.
    ATK/DEF: 500/500

Name: Metamorphosis Crystal
    Card Type: Ritual Magic Card
    Effect: Summons a Warrio-Gon with tributes. You must offer a "Celtic Guardian" and any Dragon-type monster to summon that card.
    Rarity: Rare

Name: Warrio-Gon
    Card Type: Ritual/Effect Monster
    Level/Type/Attribute: 7 Stars/Dragon/Earth
    Ritual: You may only summon this card by activating "Metamorphosis Crystal" and offering a "Celtic Guardian" and a Dragon-type monster as tributes.
    Effect: This monster has ATK/DEF points equal to the number of monsters on your Graveyard x 1000.
    ATK/DEF: ?/?

The last one may look strange, but it is a Dragonized man, like a man and a dragon merged.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Another ones:

Name: Blow Bomb
    Level/Type/Attribute: 3 Stars/Machine/Fire
    Effect: Offer this card as a Tribute to destroy all the cards on the opponent's field.
    ATK/DEF: 500/500

Name: Metamorphosis Crystal
    Card Type: Ritual Magic Card
    Effect: Summons a Warrio-Gon with tributes. You must offer a "Celtic Guardian" and any Dragon-type monster to summon that card.

Name: Warrio-Gon
    Card Type: Ritual/Effect Monster
    Level/Type/Attribute: 7 Stars/Dragon/Earth
    Ritual: You may only summon this card by activating "Metamorphosis Crystal" and offering a "Celtic Guardian" and a Dragon-type monster as tributes.
    Effect: This monster has ATK/DEF points equal to the number of monsters on your Graveyard x 1000.
    ATK/DEF: ?/?

The last one may look strange, but it is a Dragonized man, like a man and a dragon merged.

You REALLY like to make broken cards, don't you? I think that first one pretty much speaks for itself *coughUFOTurtlecough*, and your ritual powers up much too quickly. I'd say that it definitely matches Demise in effect, if not better.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
  • Alright, let's try something a little interesting:

Heart of the Cards
    Normal Spell
    Pay life points until you have one hundred remaining and discard your hand in order to activate this card. Select the same number of cards you discarded from your deck and add them to your hand.

Limited to one per deck. :3

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Alright, let's try something a little interesting:

Heart of the Cards
    Normal Spell
    Pay life point until you have one hundred remaining and discard your hand. Select the same number of cards you discarded from your deck and add them to your hand.

Limited to one per deck. :3

VERY evil. I doubt it would get a chance to see some play before being banned. Definitely used for OTK/FTK decks, but you might want to add the phrase "to activate this card" to that first sentence to avoid any nasty Dark World confusion...

Heh, actually that card would be pretty ideal for a Reversal Quiz OTK deck.

Oh, I have a new card as well:

Under Barrier
    Continuous Spell
    You can only activate this card when you have 1000 Life Points or less and your opponent has 5000 or more. While this card is face-up on the field, neither player can declare an attack. When your opponent's Life Points decrease below 5000, destroy this card. When this face-up card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, the current player's turn ends immediately.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
  • Hm... I like it, and yet I don't. Useful for stalling until you can set up an attack, but how are you going to attack if your monsters are immobilized as well? I don't like playing mind games when I'm doing YGO, so this type of card would probably drop out of my deck.

Now, since everything's getting a little less stapled in my roleplay, I may as well come up with a few cards to open the Wandering options a little and make my deck less stapled as well.

Limit Break-Beat Rush
    Normal Spell
    Pay half of your life points and select one "Wandering Rogue" on your side of the field. For this turn only, Wandering Rogue can attack all monsters on the opponent's side of the field. If "Wandering Rogue" is the only monster on your side of the field, no cost is required to activate this card. You may only activate one "Limit Break" spell per turn.

Limit Break-Beastialize
    Normal Spell
    Pay half your life points and select one "Wandering Mage" on your side of the field. The attack of the selected Wandering Mage becomes three thousand. If Wandering Mage is the only monster on your side of the field, no cost is required to activate this card. You may only activate one Limit Break spell per turn.

Limit Break-Cosmos Eterna
    Normal Spell
    Pay half your life points and select one "Wandering Beast" on your side of the field. The selected "Wandering Beast" may attack your opponent's life points directly. If "Wandering Beast" is the only monster on your side of the field, no cost is required in order to activate this card. You may play only one Limit Break spell per turn.

Limit Break-Shuriken Blaze
    Normal Spell
    Pay half of your life points and select one "Wandering Shinobi" on your side of the field in order to activate this card. Destroy spell and trap cards on your opponent's side of the field equal to the number of "Wandering" monsters in your hand and field and deal damage equal to the number of destroyed cards x400. If Wandering Shinobi is the only monster on your side of the field, no cost is required to activate this card. You may only activate one "Limit Break" spell per turn.

Limit Break-Grand Healing
    Normal Spell
    Discard three cards and select one "Wandering Healer" on your side of the field in order to activate this card. Gain life points equal to half your current life points. All "Wandering" monsters cannot be destroyed until your next turn after activation. If "Wandering Healer" is the only monster on your side of the field, no cost is required to activate this card. You may only play one Limit Break spell per turn.

Limit Break-Ability Clone
    Normal Spell
    Select one "Wandering Vampire" on your side of the field. During this turn, this spell card gains the effect(s) of any "Limit Break" spell in the graveyard and "Wandering Vampire" may be treated as any "Wandering" monster in the graveyard. (Activation costs must still be paid).

Limit Break-Braver
    Normal Spell
    Pay one thousand life points and select one "Wandering Hero" on your side of the field. Destroy one monster on the opponent's side of the field, then deal damage equal to the combined level stars of Wandering Hero and the destroyed monster x300. If "Wandering Hero" is the only monster on your side of the field, no cost is required to activate this card. You may only activate one "Limit Break" spell per turn.

Limit Break-Omnislash
    Normal Spell
    Pay half of your life points and select one "Wandering Hero" on your side of the field. Destroy monsters on the opponent's side of the field equal to the number of "Limit Break" spells in the graveyard. Wandering Hero may attack once for each monster destroyed in this way this turn. You may only play one "Limit Break" spell per turn.

Last edited:

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • So refresh my memory: why isn't Warrio-gon a fusion monster when it specifies tributes not in terms of combined star level but by monster type and name? That's not how rituals work. xP At any rate, see Icha's comments for the effect bit.[/Lazy]

Heart of the Cards: Rofflecakes, Yami's ability has been cardified. Yeah, this would be pretty awesome to play. Too bad we have something called 'game balance' to think about. xD

Under Barrier: Ehh...sort of dubious usefulness since it uses specific LP values as opposed to a certain LP difference, meaning that using the lockdown to slap some direct damage on your opponent is pretty much out of the question. I think I'd sooner use my own Lifeforce Barrier card. That one thrives on burn. xD This one...eh, I guess it's sort of a backup plan for high-risk decks like Reversal Quiz OTKO but the requirements are so...strict. xP

And now for something completely different. Instead of making another card set, I shall add something to an existing one. =O

Venom Distill
    Continuous Spell

For each of your "Venom" monsters that is sent to the Graveyard while this card is face-up on the Field, place a Venom Counter on this card. Whenever a "Venom" monster on your Field attacks a monster on your opponent's Field, you may move one Venom Counter from this card to the target monster before applying Damage Calculation.

EDITNESS: ZOMG LUL, Final Fantasy meets YGO. xD Awwright...let's take a look at these:

Beat Rush: Oh my...the rogue is apparently Tifa's apprentice. xD Anyways, fair enough. However, that should be 'Until the end of the turn this card is activated the selected monster can attack all monsters on your opponent's Field'. It's a bit on the weak side considering the rogue's weak Atk. Maybe augment that just a bit too? Something like 500 extra would make this a lot cooler.

Beastialize: Isn't this supposed to be the beast's limit? o.O Anyways, I see no issues here. Blue-Eyes' strength FTW.

Cosmos Eterna: Yeah, this sounds more like the Mage's limit. Depends on whether you wanted the effects to be the other way around too, but I see nothing directly wrong with a single direct attacker. The wording at the end is off, though, which is weird since you got it right before. With stuff like this, you should just copy-paste that last provision to get it right each time.

Shuriken Blaze: Ehh...I'm not too wild about the bit that requires you to reveal your hand (you know, to show that you have wanderers there). Anyways, this is basically a slightly less reliable Dark Magic Attack with a more useful requirement monster. I think you could throw in a bit of burn damage (Like, say, 400 damage per destroyed card) for that limit break flair. ;D

Grand Healing: This sort of reminds me of the White Wind Enemy Skill. Ahh...nostalgia. It's a bit on the weak side, though. Maybe give it something else that's also healerish like returning a wanderer or two from your graveyard to your hand. :3 Optionally, you could just let it double your LP. Life Points are cheap these days, anyway.

Ability Clone: For practical reasons, make that 'any "Limit Break" Spell Card in your Graveyard'. The last provision is also unnecessary since activating the effect of the card - as opposed to the card itself - already circumvents any activation requirements.

Braver: Sissy....at least throw in a bit of burn damage or some other neat side-effect. As it is, it's too expensive if you have others on the field and not enough to turn the game around if you don't. =O

Omnislash: Who does this 'Hero' think he is? Cloud? xD Again, use '"Limit Break" Spell card(s) in your Graveyard' instead of cards that have been played. It saves a lot of hassle. This requires quite a bit of setup to really pay off, so again; consider additional effects.

Overall, I see no serious balance issues. If anything, they could use a bit of buffing since they are rather situational, maybe some sneaky way to search them from your deck too. Cool concept, though; got to love those flashy reversals. x3

Last edited:

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
  • So refresh my memory: why isn't Warrio-gon a fusion monster when it specifies tributes not in terms of combined star level but by monster type and name? That's not how rituals work. xP At any rate, see Icha's comments for the effect bit.[/Lazy]

Heart of the Cards: Rofflecakes, Yami's ability has been cardified. Yeah, this would be pretty awesome to play. Too bad we have something called 'game balance' to think about. xD

Under Barrier: Ehh...sort of dubious usefulness since it uses specific LP values as opposed to a certain LP difference, meaning that using the lockdown to slap some direct damage on your opponent is pretty much out of the question. I think I'd sooner use my own Lifeforce Barrier card. That one thrives on burn. xD This one...eh, I guess it's sort of a backup plan for high-risk decks like Reversal Quiz OTKO but the requirements are so...strict. xP

And now for something completely different. Instead of making another card set, I shall add something to an existing one. =O

Venom Distill
    Continuous Spell

For each of your "Venom" monsters that is sent to the Graveyard while this card is face-up on the Field, place a Venom Counter on this card. Whenever a "Venom" monster on your Field attacks a monster on your opponent's Field, you may move one Venom Counter from this card to the target monster before applying Damage Calculation.

Ouch... Venom monsters are evil. There aren't many of them, but they are evil. As for this card, I see nothing wrong with it.

EDITNESS: ZOMG LUL, Final Fantasy meets YGO. xD Awwright...let's take a look at these:

FFVII, to be precise. :3

Beat Rush: Oh my...the rogue is apparently Tifa's apprentice. xD Anyways, fair enough. However, that should be 'Until the end of the turn this card is activated the selected monster can attack all monsters on your opponent's Field'. It's a bit on the weak side considering the rogue's weak Atk. Maybe augment that just a bit too? Something like 500 extra would make this a lot cooler.

Wanderer deck needs equip cards anyway for hero, so there's no reason you can't just toss "United We Stand" or something to Rogue. Besides, if this thing pulls off you could end up drawing an entirely new hand.

Beastialize: Isn't this supposed to be the beast's limit? o.O Anyways, I see no issues here. Blue-Eyes' strength FTW.

Allow me to explain my placement of this limit break with two words: Vincent Valentine.

Cosmos Eterna: Yeah, this sounds more like the Mage's limit. Depends on whether you wanted the effects to be the other way around too, but I see nothing directly wrong with a single direct attacker. The wording at the end is off, though, which is weird since you got it right before. With stuff like this, you should just copy-paste that last provision to get it right each time.

The beast was a mix of Nanaki and a couple of made-up monsters I'd been toying around with, so I thought it was fair that I gave him a limit break similar to Cosmo Memory. And I can't copy paste the whole thing, since each one is monster-specific.

Shuriken Blaze: Ehh...I'm not too wild about the bit that requires you to reveal your hand (you know, to show that you have wanderers there). Anyways, this is basically a slightly less reliable Dark Magic Attack with a more useful requirement monster. I think you could throw in a bit of burn damage (Like, say, 400 damage per destroyed card) for that limit break flair. ;D

Done and doner.

Grand Healing: This sort of reminds me of the White Wind Enemy Skill. Ahh...nostalgia. It's a bit on the weak side, though. Maybe give it something else that's also healerish like returning a wanderer or two from your graveyard to your hand. :3 Optionally, you could just let it double your LP. Life Points are cheap these days, anyway.

Well, Great Gospel was hard to translate into a spell card...

Ability Clone: For practical reasons, make that 'any "Limit Break" Spell Card in your Graveyard'. The last provision is also unnecessary since activating the effect of the card - as opposed to the card itself - already circumvents any activation requirements.

But I want the card to still have the activation requirements in play- like, Vampire can't just activate a card for free. He has to pay half life-points first unless he's out there solo. I suppose I'll just give ability leech an LP cost...

Braver: Sissy....at least throw in a bit of burn damage or some other neat side-effect. As it is, it's too expensive if you have others on the field and not enough to turn the game around if you don't. =O

It's his initial Limit Break (as opposed to a translated Final limit break for the others). It was supposed to be fairly weak. I guess I could buff it a bit...

Omnislash: Who does this 'Hero' think he is? Cloud? xD Again, use '"Limit Break" Spell card(s) in your Graveyard' instead of cards that have been played. It saves a lot of hassle. This requires quite a bit of setup to really pay off, so again; consider additional effects.

The Hero isn't Cloud, I'll say that much. The other Wanderers are easier to identify, but Hero isn't Cloud. The Hero does get Cloud's limit break skills though. Alright, I'll give it something a bit more massive.

Overall, I see no serious balance issues. If anything, they could use a bit of buffing since they are rather situational, maybe some sneaky way to search them from your deck too. Cool concept, though; got to love those flashy reversals. x3

Yes, alright, I'll take care of things. I suppose as RP master I could accept them too and allow myself preferential treatment by adding them to Achan's deck right away, but it would probably be better to wait. :3

Last edited:

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • Grand Healing: If it's a Great Gospel you're looking for then you've missed half the effect; what happened to the temporary invulnerability, eh? Preventing battle damage and destruction of wandering monsters until your next turn would make it quite the strong limit. :3

Ability Clone: Oh, no, no, no! It already does that because of the stuff in parenthesis; activation costs aren't the same as activation requirements, silly. :P I was just pointing out that the bit about names was redundant since the rest of the effect already covers that issue.

Oh, and on the copy paste I was referring to the 'Only one limit break per turn' thing. That sentence is not name-specific. xP

Anyways, I just had a flash of inspiration for yet another card set, but I've yet to come up with a catchy name for them so it shall have to wait. However, I'll start with a card which they will benefit from quite a bit. :3

Flash Blade - Xenshail
    Equip Spell

This card can only be equipped to a monster on your side of the Field. Whenever the monster equipped with this card attacks, inflict damage to your opponent equal to half the original Atk of the equipped monster (This is treated as Battle Damage inflicted by the equipped monster). On the End Phase of a turn when this face-up card on your Field was sent to the Graveyard, add this card from your Graveyard to your Hand. During your End Phase, remove both this face-up card on the Field and the monster equipped with this card from play.

EDITNESS: Tee-hee, I think I figured out the name that shall do. Here goes. :3

Wildkin Brute
    Beast Warrior/Effect
    4 Star/Earth
    2200 Atk / 900 Def

When this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent, shuffle this card into your Deck then draw a card.

Wildkin Skirmisher
    Beast Warrior/Effect
    4 Star/Wind
    1500 Atk / 1200 Def

When this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent, select one card on your opponent's Field and destroy it, then shuffle this card into your Deck and draw a card.

Wildkin Defender
    Beast Warrior/Effect
    3 Star/Earth
    500 Atk / 2300 Def

When this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent, shuffle it into your deck then draw a card. If your opponent declares an attack when there are no monster cards on your Field, you may Special Summon this card from your Hand in face-up Defense Position, then this card and the attacking monster battle.

Wildkin Berserker
    Beast Warrior/Effect
    4 Star/Fire
    1700 Atk / 1200 Def

When this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent, shuffle this card into your deck then draw a card, then - if there are any monsters on your opponent's Field - Special Summon one "Wildkin Berserker" from your Hand.

Wildkin Bandit
    Beast Warrior/Effect
    4 Star/Dark
    1600 Atk / 1300 Def

When this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent, shuffle it into your deck then draw two cards.

Wildkin Marauder
    Beast Warrior/Effect
    4 Star/Dark
    1400 Atk / 1200 Def

When this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent, Special Summon one level four or lower "Wildkin" monster other than "Wildkin Marauder" from your Deck then shuffle this card in your Deck and draw a card.

Wildkin Raider
    Beast Warrior/Effect
    4 Star/Wind
    1800 Atk/ 700 Def

When this card attacks, your opponent may not activate any card effects until the end of the Damage Step. When this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent, shuffle it into your Deck then draw a card.

Wildkin Shaman
    Beast Warrior/Effect
    4 Star/Light
    1500 Atk / 1300 Def

When this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent, select up to two cards from your Graveyard and then shuffle the selected card(s) and this card into your Deck and draw a card.

Wildkin Hordebreaker
    Beast Warrior/Effect
    4 Star/Fire
    1200 Atk / 1200 Def

For each monster on your opponent's Field, increase the Atk of this card by 400. This card attacks all of your opponent's monsters at the same time. At the end of a Battle Phase when this card inflicted Battle Damage to your opponent, shuffle it into your deck then draw a card.

Wildkin Chieftain
    Beast Warrior/Effect
    7 Star/Earth
    2800 Atk / 1700 Def

Shuffle two differently named "Wildkin" monsters from your Hand into your Deck to Special Summon this card from your Hand. When this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent, add two "Wildkin" monsters from your Deck to your Hand then shuffle this card into your Deck and draw a card.

Ferocious Retaliation
    Counter Trap

This card can only be activated when your opponent declares a Direct Attack. Special Summon one "Wildkin" monster from your Hand, then the attacking monster and the monster Special Summoned by this effect battle.

Wildkin War Chant
    Normal Spell

This card can only be activated when there are no monsters on your Field. Special Summon "Wildkin" monsters from your Hand up to the number monsters on your opponent's Field. Monsters Special Summoned by this effect may not attack your opponent directly and are shuffled into your Deck on your next End Phase. On the turn this card is activated, you may not Normal Summon or Set a monster.

Last edited:

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    I'll refrain from reviewing, solely due to my lack of ability to provide constructive criticism, as proven from my previous post.

Following that, additional/revised AC cards:

Spell Cards

Name: Hangar Unit
    Type: Quick-Play
    Effect: Activate only as Chain Link 3 or higher; add 1 Spell Card from your Deck to your hand. You cannot activate this card if multiple cards/effects with the same name are in that Chain.

Trap Cards

Name: Kojima Core
    Type: Continuous
    Effect: During the turn a monster is Normal Summoned, Flip Summoned or Special Summoned successfully, it is destroyed during the End Phase. Both players take damage equal to the number of monsters destroyed by this card's effect x 300 points.

Name: Kojima Particles
    Type: Continuous
    Effect: If there is no face-up Machine-Type monster(s) on the field, this card is destroyed. Gain Life Points equal to the number of face-up Machine-Type monsters on the field x 300 points.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • Oh, no, no, no. Constructive criticism is only a plus; any comment on a card is fine and probably appreciated by the card maker who gets to feel noticed/appreciated for a while. ;3

Anyways:

Hangar Unit: Tricky, tricky...it's a strong effect but it only works in chain so I guess it's fine.

Kojima Core: "On the End Phase of a turn when a monster is summoned (Including Flip Summon), destroy the monster. For each monster destroyed by this effect, inflict 300 damage to both players.". Dang, this is like a focused but more brutal version of my old Effemarity trap card. Decks with little to no monsters on the field squee over this, as does the good old Wicked Worm Beast deck (Where all monsters you play return to your hand on the same turn you play them). In all fairness, though, it should have a maintenance cost of some kind since as it is monsterless decks abuse it with impunity.

Kojima Particles: 'are' rather than 'is' at the beginning. Also, you need to specify when you gain the Life Points. (I assume each Standby/End Phase or something to that effect?) As it is you would only get the LP when you play it. Anyway, this could probably do with a slightly larger recovery seeing as how it's quite exclusive in its monster requirements. Meh, 500 or 600 per monster would be more like it. I think I'd sooner use Kojima Core, though. LP is cheap, after all. :3

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • It's not that hard to use Hangar unit... recruiters, monarchs, sangan and friends are all easy chain 1, and now you just need a trap or quick spell and you hit chain 3 already. I'll rather up it to chain 4 just like accumulated fortune =o

And all those wildkin cards are sorta crazy... plenty of them are balanced, except I think the 2200 one due to the attack. Unlike GEAF, you can pull it back out again with the wildkin supports very easily...but we'll see.

LP is so cheap that everything is good until you hit 3000 or lower :x That's the danger zone for ring of destruction. Otherwise, if there is a card that reads pay 1500 LP to draw 2 cards, I'm using 2 of them.

Spirit Summoner
    Spellcaster / Effect
    3 Star / Light
    1200 Atk / 1600 Def

When this card is normal summoned, search your deck for a spirit monster and add it to your hand.

Tome of Arms
    Spellcaster / Effect / Spirit
    2 Star / Light
    1000 Atk / 500 Def

[Insert Spirit monster text here, I'm too lazy to copy that MASSIVE paragraph that is only rivaled by TER] When this card is normal summoned or flip summoned, deal damage to your opponent's life points equal to the total amount of equip spell cards in both players' field and graveyard x 500 to a maximum of 2500 damage.

Tome of Moribund
    2 Star / Dark
    500 Atk / 1000 Def

[Spirit text blah blah blah Frosty is lazy today] Pay 500 LP and select one card on the field. Remove the card from play at the End Phase of your opponent's 2nd turn after the activation of this card.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • On Wildkin Brute: Well, I figured that having a measly 200 and a slightly better searchability over Gene-warped Warwolf would be a fair counterbalance to the fact that it leaves you down on field presence and disappears into your deck each time. I instinctively felt like adding something that pounds Cyber Dragon into the ground to the set, but a few minutes later I realized that the very concept of the set is one big slap in the face for our cybernetic friend anyway.

Yeah, I can be a bit slow sometimes. xD Anyways, brute force is supposed to be the brute's 'special ability' so how low can I go with the Atk while still keeping it a feasible choice? =O

Regardless...

Spirit Summoner: I've been missing something like this for a long time. What can I say? I've always wanted to build a deck around Hino-Kagu-Tsuchi or Yamata Dragon, and this one would fit it snuggly. x3

Tome of Arms: this could be used in...um, some very rogue burn deck? Guess it could also serve as an optional win condition for Ben Kei OTKO, if you can squeeze it in somewhere. Too bad the damage limit keeps it from becoming its own OTKO. xD

Tome of Moribund: This would be so awesome without an LP cost. But yeah, it has some pretty hefty control potential as long as you have the LP to mark your victims. Venominon and Venominaga shudder at this since it strips them of their semi-immortal status. Definitely useful, seeing as how conventional monster removal took a serious blow with the new banlist. :3

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • It's probably one of those "test and see" thing that Konami messes up on once in awhile such as D-hero Malicious. It sounds so balanced on paper, then combine it with monarch and you got a sort of doom that Konami redeems as "beyond repair so let's throw it on the next banlist too."

Tome of Gusting Wind
    3 Star / Wind
    900 Atk / 900 Def

[spirit text] Select a wind monster on the field. Its Atk is doubled to a maximum of 3000 atk. Return the monster to the top of the player's deck during your next standby phase.

Tome of Blazing Fire
    3 Star / Fire
    900 Atk / 900 Def

[Spirit text] Deal damage to your opponent's life points equal to the amount of fire monsters on your side of the field x 600.

Tome of Raging Wave
    3 Star / Water
    900 Atk / 900 Def

[Spirit text] Select a water monster on your side of the field. Until the end of the turn, that monster may attack your opponent directly. When it does, any battle damage that card inflicts to your opponent becomes the original attack of that card.

Tome of Quaking Earth
    3 Star / Earth
    900 Atk / 900 Def

[Spirit text] Select an Earth monster on your side of the field. Increase its defense by 600. During your opponent's next turn, all monsters in faceup attack position must attack the selected monster, if possible.

Tome of Unveiling Light
    3 Star / Light
    900 Atk / 900 Def

[Spirit text] When this card is normal summoned or flip summoned and there is another light monster on your side of the field, your opponent must show his or her hand to you.

Tome of Chilling Night
    3 Star / Dark
    900 Atk / 900 Def

[Spirit text] When this card is normal summoned and there is a dark monster on your side of the field, declare a card type. Your opponent selects 1 card of that type of his/her Deck and sends it to the Graveyard.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • Gusting Wind: Nice way for wind monsters to compensate their often rather meager size. This + Sonic Shooter has some strategic potential, I think. x3

Blazing Fire: Burn effect for Fire attributes, what else is new? Well, seeing as how it's a fire monster itself even one other on the field already translates to 1200 points of recyclable burn. Ouch. x.O

Raging Wave: Direct attacks are always fun. I can't come up with any particular water monster that would really exploit this, but I'm sure there's one around. Ocean-backed Mermaid Knight is a good candidate, at least, with two 1500-power direct attacks. :3

Quaking Earth: I'm not seeing the quake bit in the effect. *Shot* But yeah, the ability to draw attacks can seriously hurt an opponent with a field-full of weaker monsters. Dropping this on a Stone Statue of the Aztecs with Canyon support would rack up a lot of damage. Practical? No, but I like the concept of quadrupled damage with the opponent having no choice but to attack. =3

Unveiling Light: Hand-scouting is already worth quite a bit. Too bad it requires another light monster, but I guess it would be a bit too easily exploited otherwise. xD

Chilling Night: It's like Vampire Lord...except there's no vampire. =O Sort of risky, though, seeing as how instant recursion for all three card types is easy with the current banlist. Does it really need the requirement for a dark monster?

Aaaanyhow, I just felt like throwing this one in:

Rainbow Mirage
    Quick-Play Spell

Pay 1000 Life Points. Select two differently named "Crystal Beast" monsters from your Deck and place them in your Spell/Trap Card Zone (Treated as Continuous Spell Cards). At the end of the turn this card is activated, all cards placed in your Spell/Trap Card Zone by this card's effect are removed from play.

Back