• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your ANIME WTF Moments!!!!

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Heh, theres so many to choose from.

I guess my favourite "WTF" moment would have to be when Jessie caught Seviper;

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
  • So far in the B/W series...

How about Pikachu losing to a level 5 Snivy? Or to a Panpour?

When did Pikachu become so terrible? I haven't watched the anime in a number of years, but seeing it lose to a new trainer and his brand new Snivy... wow.

I'd be inclined to say it's getting old, but no other character seems to age at all...

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • In older series: the "Arbok evolves into Seviper incident." I already knew that it wasn't true when I frist saw it.

In BW: when I learned that Cilan didn't have any sclera while his brothers do.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Out of the new episodes, I agree with you, I mean Axew diving into her hair? How much does that thing weigh? @_@

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
    Years
  • The seviper moment was indeed WTF. Another one I can think of at the moment is in one of the first seasons. Misty decides to cook some kind of stew. She's like "oh no darn, I put too much salt, let's put more sugar. Dammit, too much sugar, let's add salt!", etc, etc. Ash and Brock taste it and almost puke, but then Jessie arrives and says it's the best thing she's ever eaten. That moment was really weird.

Years
  • Yeah, the Jessie/Seviper match is one, but it's so awesome, I don't care. Heh.

I have one with B/W Giovanni and the Rocket trio. Given his normal lack of confidence with the trio, why would he suddenly believe that the trio was actually responsible for taking down Team Galactic and J? Could they? Potentially, yes, but I find his sudden faith in them as a subtle WTF. Granted, he doesn't exactly know if they are or are not embellishing certain details, but you get the impression he wouldn't be so easily fooled. (Compare his reaction to when they asserted the same thing with Aqua/Magma.)

Unless he has a larger goal with the trio in mind (using them as disposable pawns), or to keep an eye on them for a change. I dunno, but I wish they'd spell out his motivation better.

For a less complicated one, can anyone explain to me the Princess Salvia arc, and how Dawn apparently never heard of the Stranger Danger PSA?

Rionix

My girlfriend is a crazy fox
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2011
    Iris: "Hibago! DRAGON RAGE"

*Hibago contained energy in its mouth, then sneezes*

WTF?!

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2013
    Two scenes in "Home Is Where The Start Is". First, when Team Rocket decides to capture Electrivire by...running up to grab it! Second, when Ash fights Gary and loses. Ash really needs to find a way to retain his experience battlewise.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Pikachu, aim for the horn...anyone?

False swipe scizor was my first thought hahahaha

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2014
    Arbok evolving into Seviper, and "Finish it off with False Swipe."

Brawly

Gym Leader
    Years
  • Pokemon "LOL" Moments

What are some funny moments from any series that you just couldn't help but laugh ?

Mines would definitely be the classic Hi Jump Kick by Raticate...

Your ANIME WTF Moments!!!!

Enough said.

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
  • Anytime Pikachu does an impression of another pokemon I lol. But the episode where Ash and Pikachu enter the contest and dress up was especially hilarious.

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
    Years
  • Meowth's boss fantasies. Especially the one when Articuno would be used as an air conditioner.
    +1 Or the banned one in which he gets humped by bug Pokemon xD.

I also laughed when Jessie and James ate so much they became fat, then had to workout to lose their extra pounds. That was both scary and hilarious!!!

Jesspke

Passerby~
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2016
    It had to be when Ash's Monferno was fighting a fighting type pokémon...
    It was just a normal fight - No trainers or moves, and Monferno got punched in the face! I remember rofling at that...Lol...

Back