• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your best friend just committed murder

Neil Peart

Learn to swim
    Years
    Say what? You say that in self-defense we 'deliberately' kill a human being. Nope, that isn't true. We are forced to kill a human being because he/her is after us. If you had the choice, you would just not do it. At least, unless you really wanted to kill him.

Well, if you haven't been catching up with the world, true friends are pretty hard to find these days. At least, in my country. Brothers even kill each other for property. If you're saying that you're putting your trust on a person who just killed another person deliberately, go ahead. Keep that opinion to yourself, though, please.

So which definition of "deliberate" are we using here? The one meaning "purposely" or the one meaning "slowly and carefully"? If the former, then it still applies. The antonym of "accidentally" is "deliberately."

And yes, if the person was my best friend, I would put my trust in them - DEPENDING ON THE SITUATION. If this mofo just gunned down a child for stepping on his shoe, then I wouldn't defend him. Are you just figuring out that this is situational or something?

And hell, even if he DID gun down that kid or kill someone in an objectively unjustifiable manner, how does that mean I'm next on the chopping block? Why would he tell me for any other reason than to trust me? He could avoid all the hassle by NOT telling me.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    So which definition of "deliberate" are we using here? The one meaning "purposely" or the one meaning "slowly and carefully"? If the former, then it still applies. The antonym of "accidentally" is "deliberately."

And yes, if the person was my best friend, I would put my trust in them - DEPENDING ON THE SITUATION. If this mofo just gunned down a child for stepping on his shoe, then I wouldn't defend him. Are you just figuring out that this is situational or something?

And hell, even if he DID gun down that kid or kill someone in an objectively unjustifiable manner, how does that mean I'm next on the chopping block? Why would he tell me for any other reason than to trust me? He could avoid all the hassle by NOT telling me.

No offence, but it is you who is arguing with me about a situational case in the first place then acting as if I'm wrong and I would report my friend in the very obvious case of self-defense. And you also think this is applicable to you, and you're trying to destroy my personal opinion with yours. First you start by taking a situational case and then now you're saying I would just do it, just because I made a broad opinion. It's a bit insulting the way it came out for me, as I have a few friends as well irl, you know. This is just a chat thread where we make opinions, not attack other opinions or rudely ask them to use their brains.

Also, it is stated in the first post that he only told you because he trusts you. That's why he's a 'friend', catch? Once again, that's also situational, and it may not be applicable to you, it's just a notion I get of paranoia when something's wrong.

Hackenfall Backslash

The weirdest mofo you'll ever meet . . . seriously
    Years
    The poster I quoted was making a brash generalization, and normally that's fine but she insinuated it made her better than other people in the thread. So, I responded with a similarly brash and exaggerated implication of her generalization. That's not desperation, that's just playing ball.

Also, be careful when making attacks on someone's intelligence. It can make you come across as mean-spirited or over-serious.
    No she wasn't. YOU were, guy. And so what if that's what she insinuated? Newsflash: It does make her better than other people not only in the thread, but in the world.

As for the intelligence bit, I don't care. Not here to sycophant and make people who don't deserve it feel better. If you're acting like a hindpart you'll be notified and duly treated as such. You think you get to say what you want without being told about yourself? This isn't Pokemon, pal.

Talking about "playing ball". Pft. Get outta here.

Neil Peart

Learn to swim
    Years
    No she wasn't. YOU were, guy. And so what if that's what she insinuated? Newsflash: It does make her better than other people not only in the thread, but in the world.

As for the intelligence bit, I don't care. Not here to sycophant and make people who don't deserve it feel better. If you're acting like a hindpart you'll be notified and duly treated as such. You think you get to say what you want without being told about yourself? This isn't Pokemon, pal.

I think I'm in love with you.

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years

Last things I'm going to say about this: at no point did I act like I can "get to say what I want without being told about myself." You attacked my intelligence and character, and I responded to your points. I told you that attacking people's intelligence is unbecoming, and that was for your benefit, not mine. If you find that advice offensive, I apologize.

Hackenfall Backslash

The weirdest mofo you'll ever meet . . . seriously
    Years
    I think I'm in love with you.
    I didn't even meet your parents yet, you sweet-talker you. :3c

Last things I'm going to say about this: at no point did I act like I can "get to say what I want without being told about myself." You attacked my intelligence and character, and I responded to your points. I told you that attacking people's intelligence is unbecoming, and that was for your benefit, not mine. If you find that advice offensive, I apologize.
    Uh, yes you did. I only criticised (not attacked) you because you tried to make her look stupid for being loyal to her best friend. People like that only reward disloyalty. It's hard to find generally decent people these days, let alone loyal ones. Here is someone who is loyal and you want to take the subject to an extreme in order to make her feel bad. Perhaps that wasn't your intention, but that's how it came off. The same way criticising you comes off as an attack on your character. Don't shame the poor girl because she has a sense of loyalty. Praise her. She deserves it. I'd love to have someone like that as a best friend. Wouldn't you want someone who loves you that much in your life?

Your advice doesn't offend me. I actually like improving myself. The more I do it, the closer I become to perfection. I strive to be the best I can. So please don't misunderstand my last post for attacking you. Didn't offend me at all. Just came off as shaming her for being loyal.

Poki

Banned
    Years
    @Hackenfall Backslash:
    Thank you, mate. You already said everything I wanted to say once I saw their replies, and I was more than happy to find out that you said all that in my absence.

@icomeanon6:
    Sure, let's just exaggerate the situation in order to get our point across! Works every time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    Poki, Undertaker, behave. Partially because you're being really rude to each other and that's not okay, and partially because if I have to read the term 'dick' or 'pretentious dick' one more time, I might kill the two of you and myself. Then my best friend would be faced with the horrible hypothetical dilemma of whether or not to turn me in and dirty my name after my own tragic suicide from being driven mad by the two people on the Internet who weren't even able to think of synonyms for 'dick' to insult each other with, and it's just not a good time for anyone. Cool it.

NinjaLarvitar

rativraLajniN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I would forgive him but I would lose a lot of trust in him and I would not help him get rid of the body.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
    Best friend? What best friend? #walksaway

If I had a reasonable reason to assume that my best friend would've done such a thing, I would call anonymously and give as much information as I knew, as well as anything that is speculated.

I wouldn't attend court and testify, though.

Not going to mess up my life if I don't have to lol no "accessory after the fact" for me! I'm a straight nail.

Years
    It really depends.

Let's say she/he killed an abusive boyfriend/girlfriend and it was pure self defense. I would help hide the body. BUT I can't be 100% certain that it was self defense, maybe he/she had enough of him/her and just killed him ruthlessly. It's also a huge risk because he/she may try to kill you because you know the truth. Maybe they will just think you will rat them out(even if you are a loyal friend) and would kill you.

I am a person that belives in justice. So even if I did help and have a risk of also getting slapped with murder or just helping with it I would most likely take it.

There is just too much if/maybe/depends on this and etc... The question is just too vague.

Back