• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your best friend just committed murder

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
    I'd do everything for my best friend, unlike some people.
    Considering the subject of the question, let's say your best friend just ran a kindergartner over with a truck because they think it's hilarious, and they plan to do it again every week. According to your answer, you won't turn them into the police. Come on, think of the children!

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    Well if they have a warrant out for someone with information on the crime I would take him into hiding until they had a bounty on someone and then take him and collect. The friendship is over, but who would want to be basically the only friend a murderer has. And if I'm hiding them and stuff they wouldn't be able to internet or anything, so they would just be a bother all in all. I'm pretty sure I'd get tired of it.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen today
    Considering the subject of the question, let's say your best friend just ran a kindergartner over with a truck because they think it's hilarious, and they plan to do it again every week. According to your answer, you won't turn them into the police. Come on, think of the children!

But this question isn't asking if we'd cover for that guy across the street who may or may not be a psycho, it's our best friend. I know mine wouldn't do something like that.

Hypothetically, if she shot a man in cold blood just to watch him die, there is something very wrong with her and I probably should not have become friends with her in the first place, but I think this question is kind of personal in that most people know the nature of their best friends pretty well, which is why in my original answer I said if she were to kill someone she probably had a good, not-crazy or creepy reason for it, and I would help her. As sure as I am that I personally would not run over a small child just for fun, I can say the same for my best friend.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    That would be HILARIOUS because my best friend is going to be a cop. That being said, I don't think I'd be able to do anything because him being a cop, I'm sure the police force would be aware. Cops doing ♥♥♥♥ like that does not stay quiet...not where I'm from, at least. Like, they all find out. Sorry, Klippy. lol

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
    Sure I'll help my friend out, and keep my mouth shut. But if they try to even kill me, I'll turn them in. But it also depends on who they murder, and I have a LONG LIST(just kidding).

ShivaDF

The Scooter-riding Artist
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2017
    This question is way too vague. Think about the difference between, say, killing somebody who was in pain and you know could never recover, and who asked to die vs. killing somebody randomly because you thought it was cool.

If my best friend killed somebody, they'd probably have a good reason for it. If they didn't, at least I could get them a good lawyer. But you know what? A best friend should know better than to put pressure on me by confessing such a crime.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    "The measure of a man's real character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out."

I'd help them cover it up. It's more in my interest to keep a good friend than see them punished by the malformed sense of justice I feel modern society has.

Last edited:

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    I don't really know.

I had a friend who did weird ♥♥♥♥ (nothing illegal but stuff that wasn't a good idea) and it was really hard, because I didn't want him to do those things but I didn't want him to get upset with me, either. I stood my ground and he realized it was better for him to do that.

After being convicted of something like that though I really really don't know. It would depend on the situation and what was going on behind the scenes more than anything.

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
    Years
    If he was a truly good friend of mine I'd help him dispose of the body if he asked me to. I'd do anything for the people I care about and a best friend is one of the things you can't just replace.

Years
    I won't turn them in, I'll even help them perfect it, I'm a great friend >:3
    I figure if my best friend killed someone they were probably ♥♥♥♥♥♥ or it was an accident.

Years
    I would keep it quiet, actually. My best friend means a lot to me, and although it would shock me if he did something like that, as long as he explained why and it wasn't some extremely crazy malicious reason, I wouldn't turn him in or bring it up to the police. :c

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2016
    I feel it depends on your personality, if you have a strong moral code then for your own concious ought to turn him in and let him know you are going to do it (from a safe zone lol). If you are more in tuned with ethics, then keep it to yourself. If the person he killed has people that can seek vengenance, definitely keep quiet and play dumb. It all depends which side of the line the ball falls in to be honest.

Hackenfall Backslash

The weirdest mofo you'll ever meet . . . seriously
    Years
    Wonder who you mean when you said "some".

Don't be a moron. Creating extremes isn't going to help your case. You look desperate. "Better come up with an extreme situation of the topic in question to get people to agree with me!" Come on, man.

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
    Don't be a moron. Creating extremes isn't going to help your case. You look desperate. "Better come up with an extreme situation of the topic in question to get people to agree with me!" Come on, man.
    The poster I quoted was making a brash generalization, and normally that's fine but she insinuated it made her better than other people in the thread. So, I responded with a similarly brash and exaggerated implication of her generalization. That's not desperation, that's just playing ball.

Also, be careful when making attacks on someone's intelligence. It can make you come across as mean-spirited or over-serious.

Last edited:

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    I'd turn him/her in, because no killer would be a friend of mine. If it was an accident, I'd just close contact or something with him/her. While I'm not pursuing social ideals, it just bothers me that people kill other people. Besides, the way friends go these days, the next person dead would be me.

Neil Peart

Learn to swim
    Years

You'd have been better off saying "look at me, I'm a pretentious dick!"

I'd turn him/her in, because no killer would be a friend of mine. If it was an accident, I'd just close contact or something with him/her. While I'm not pursuing social ideals, it just bothers me that people kill other people. Besides, the way friends go these days, the next person dead would be me.

So you're saying ALL murder is unjustifiable, and because your friend killed once, they'd kill you? What a slippery slope! Use your brain for a second. Someone attacked your friend with a knife, and your friend managed to save his own life while, in the process, killing the attacker. THAT'S wrong to you? What was he to do, RUN? This isn't Pokémon.

You can't generalize with that "the way friends go" nonsense, and you certainly can't say with any shred of credibility that they'd kill you next.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    So you're saying ALL murder is unjustifiable, and because your friend killed once, they'd kill you? What a slippery slope! Use your brain for a second. Someone attacked your friend with a knife, and your friend managed to save his own life while, in the process, killing the attacker. THAT'S wrong to you? What was he to do, RUN? This isn't Pokémon.

You can't generalize with that "the way friends go" nonsense, and you certainly can't say with any shred of credibility that they'd kill you next.

No, no and no. You misunderstood me.

There's quite a large difference between 'murder' and 'self-defense'. 'Self-defense' doesn't give you a lifetime in prison. 'Murder' is committed with the reason of killing someone, not saving yourself.

Neil Peart

Learn to swim
    Years
    No, no and no. You misunderstood me.

There's quite a large difference between 'murder' and 'self-defense'. 'Self-defense' doesn't give you a lifetime in prison. 'Murder' is committed with the reason of killing someone, not saving yourself. Before you ask people to use their brain, why don't you improve your language?

Murder, as defined by Merriam-Webster: "the crime of deliberately killing a person"

Murder is murder is murder. Even if it's in self-defense, if you kill another human being, it's murder. HOWEVER, it can be justified. Maybe you should have made an exception for self-defense in your post, because now you look like a damn fool for telling ME to improve my language. All you said was "a killer is no friend of mine."

Plus you never said anything about your ridiculous slippery slope argument.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Murder, as defined by Merriam-Webster: "the crime of deliberately killing a person"

Murder is murder is murder. Even if it's in self-defense, if you kill another human being, it's murder. HOWEVER, it can be justified. Maybe you should have made an exception for self-defense in your post, because now you look like a damn fool for telling ME to improve my language. All you said was "a killer is no friend of mine."

Plus you never said anything about your ridiculous slippery slope argument.

Say what? You say that in self-defense we 'deliberately' kill a human being. Nope, that isn't true. We are forced to kill a human being because he/her is after us. If you had the choice, you would just not do it. At least, unless you really wanted to kill him.

Well, if you haven't been catching up with the world, true friends are pretty hard to find these days. At least, in my country. Brothers even kill each other for property. If you're saying that you're putting your trust on a person who just killed another person deliberately, go ahead. Keep that opinion to yourself, though, please.

Back