• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your dream house

groteske

lurker
    Years
    • NC
    • Seen Feb 20, 2012
    My home would be nestled in a remote valley somewhere in western Hordaland, Norway. I don't know about the exterior but it would be designed such that it fits & blends with the natural area around it.

Lots of windows, spacious second-floor studio with huge bay windows, very simplistic/minimal design and decorating. Roughly-cut stone room dividers & maybe some stone walls. Lots of interesting angles. There would also need to be a wing or even just one room that was cut off from light. Dark cherry/mahoghany furniture throughout. Spacious kitchen with island. Oh yeah, and a small stable about an acre away.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2013
    Mine would be an old yellow house with two floors and a basement. It'd be pretty small, but, like, in a cozy way. I'd have like, a green fridge and a lava lamp and an old flower print couch, and the walls would all have either wood paneling or floral wallpaper. Plus I'd have a boombox in the kitchen, cause I've always wanted to listen to music in the kitchen but I can't.

Then upstairs I'd have the bedroom (of course) with a huge comfy bed that doesn't hurt my back. And I'm not sure what I'd use the rest of the upstairs for. Maybe a library or something. A second bedroom wouldn't really be necessary cause I don't want kids and I don't expect many people would want to visit overnight.

But the basement would be the best part! Cause that's where I'd keep all my old computers, calculators, and other obsolete technology. (Except of course the stuff I'd need upstairs like the telly and the boombox and stuff. Although I might get a second boombox for the basement. Or a transistor radio. Something like that.) I'd have all my old computers out on desks and plugged in so I could actually use them, with two really comfy office chairs, and I'd have some shelves for my floppy disks and VHS tapes and stuff. And I'd have a stockpile of junk food down there so I could stay there all day if I so desired. Except to use the bathroom. I don't want to waste valuable space with a second toilet.

Don't know where it'd be, though. Maybe in New Mexico, but it'd need really good air conditioning. I would want to be fairly close to the city, though. Don't want to drive an hour to work everyday.

Ayselipera

I tend to focus more on the decorations rather than the actual house. I have a habit of breaking down and buying stupid trinkets or novelty items just to decorate my room with. So once I have my own house I imagine just filling it with random items I find over the years. I try to keep it tasteful though.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2011
    My dream house is a cardboard box.

Hmm, probably something that's more or less simple and spacious for the house - but what I really care about the most for a home is the garden/yard/land surrounding it. I'd love to have a big garden and live near a forest.

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
    My hometown sucks. I hope to move out in about two year's time and when that does happen, I plan to rent a place in a big city that's very far away from there. I'm currently fine with getting an apartment. Hey, whatever works!

Katja

Years
    I guess it depends. One dream house would be an adorable house in Korea. Another would be some sort of mini-mansion with Victorian style furnishings. Idk I don't think much about this. Either way I'm having a sexy asian husband man thing and fluffy dogs. >8C

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    Oh gosh, a dream house thread! *jumps around* Anyways, I'd love to live somewhere slightly away from the public. I love my privacy and don't want damn neighbors bothering me, I already go through that on a daily basis. My dream house is a nice large mansion of some sort, I'd love to have a dark but comfortable feeling to it once you walk in. Sure a lot of rooms are a pain to take care of but I'd rather live with people and they can do their own share of work in the rooms. Though I want a really large master bedroom just for myself, basically far from the other rooms. As for the country? Probably somewhere in Ireland or United Kingdom. I do want the best of a mansion so I'd also love some secret areas to it and other goodies. I always dream of having something like that so why not? If not that a nice condo with some good privacy and modern look. My dream houses could go on forever but I'll stop for now. :3

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    I don't want a huge mansion for my dreamhouse, but it will be big. It will have a swimming pool that's... about 10 feet deep. It will have a gaming room in the basement, and a weight room for exercising and such.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Either a huge mansion with servants or a wooden house in the forest with only 4 or 5 rooms. One extreme to the other for me. Either way I want there to be no neighbours.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2012
    I will be content with a studio downtown in some hip and happening city, thank you. I don't need much space.

Years
    I wouldn't actually be too picky about the architecture of the house (which is funny, because I've actually taken classes on it), as long as it's 2 stories with a big basement. I would also want a place with a big, private backyard, because most of the places I've lived in either don't have one, or they've been shared with others (eg: duplex).

Years
    The house itself isn't uber important to me. It doesn't need to be huge and I'd prefer single story, but not cozy i'm lazy :P I want a study/library. That's a must.
    But what is really important to me is the land i'm on. I
    want at least two acres. And I am opening a bonsai nursery. I've got the layout of the nursery in my head already :) I'd also like to design my own japanese garden as a part of my property too :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2015
    I'd settle for the stale two-story house somewhere in the mountains with a near natatorium structure, a large garden, etc etc. The usual.

Back