• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your favorite game and one thing you don't like about it.

Quiet Pichu

I'm The Man who can't be moved
    Years
    Was bored, No-one was talking on IRC so I decided to make this topic.
    So basically you post your favourite game and a full explanation of one thing you don't like about it.

So here's mine for posting and a example.

My favourite game is GH III but the one thing I don't like about it is when you try to activate star power and you miss a couple of notes.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 1, 2024
    My favorite games (I've got more than one now!) are SSBB, Legend of Zelda Majoras Mask and Kirby's Dreamland (the first one!). The bad points of SSBB is the slight delay at the beginning of Wi-Fi matches, the bad points of Majoras Mask is the graphics and there is no remake of it with a Master Quest Version (like Ocarina of Time :'( ) and Dreamlands bad points is... well... the graphics.

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
    My favorite game of all time will always be Luigi's Mansion on the Gamecube. I've already beaten the game 9 times and I still haven't grown old of it. What I don't like about it? The fact that there is little difference between the Mansion and the Hidden Mansion in the American version. The PAL version of Luigi's Mansion has tons of changes that was excluded from the American version including:

-The Hidden Mansion is mirrored from left to right when compared to the Normal Mansion. The NTSC version keeps the layout the same.

-There are more normal ghosts around the mansion.

-Bosses are harder, having different attacks (Chauncey's rocking horses, for example, are much bigger, and swerve left to right instead of going straight). A major change in the Boolossus battle is that the player rides around on the vacuum cleaner while trying to pop Boolossus, making movement more slippery.

-Rooms are much darker in the PAL version; this, however, is only as dark as in the NTSC version of both mansions, the normal PAL mansion being lighter.

-Most Boos have more HP in the PAL version, although some have less.
    Fewer hearts. Locations that always had hearts in the Normal Mansion no longer have them. Hearts that heal 50 HP no longer exist.

-Speedy Spirits and Gold Mice always give up a Blue Diamond when caught, raising the maximum possible amount of money from 142,390,000G to 192,390,000G. Since the requirement to achieve a Rank A mansion in PAL regions is higher than the amount of money in the normal mansion, it is necessary to play through the hidden mansion to receive Rank A in those regions.

-45 rather than 40 Boos are required to fight the final boss.

-Boos are, in general, more agile.

M i n a t o //

Listen to the Stereo
    Years
    My favorite game is monster hunter freedom 2. Other than lacking a story, it's fun and enjoyable. The only thing I hate about it is that you have time to PAT YOUR BELLY after eating a well-done steak while a Yian Garuga is about rape you.

Years
    I have a few games that qualify for "my favourite game"...

Pokemon Crystal - One thing that bothers me about this game is that when someone tries to give you a Pokemon and your party is full, you can't take it until you free up a spot in your party. This means that you have to hike to the nearest Pokemon Centre, deposit one of your Pokemon, then hike all the way back. I'm not entirely sure about this one, but I believe that in the first generation games, when you had no room in your party, the Pokemon was just sent to your PC.

Banjo-Tooie - I find this game nearly perfect, but one thing I don't particularly like about it is... well, I really can't think of anything. I'm serious, I can't think of a single major flaw this game has. Well... unless you consider the fact that you have to collect a large number of the same item to advance through the game, like in Super Mario 64 and Donkey Kong 64... that's getting a bit old...

Conker's Bad Fur Day - This game is fabulous overall, but it could have been a lot longer. The other thing that annoys me is the utterly useless "lives" system. You restart from the same point in the game regardless of whether you lose one life or get Game Over. It's similar to the rather pointless lives system in Banjo-Kazooie, which Rare fortunately did away with in Banjo-Tooie and Donkey Kong 64 in favor of giving the player unlimited lives. Why it came back in Conker's Bad Fur Day is beyond me.

Super Mario 64/DS - The swimming controls are horrendous. Underwater swimming isn't that bad once you get the hang of tapping the A Button at the right pace, but trying to jump out of the water onto a platform is just unnecessarily difficult. As well, the camera control makes me cringe. Then again... this was one of the first 3D platformers Nintendo released... I'll cut them a bit of slack there...

Donkey Kong 64 - Another great game... it's difficult to think of any major drawbacks it has. Hm... well, one thing I wish it had more of was animal transformations. Donkey and Lanky got their own animal transformations (Rambi the Rhino and Enguarde the Swordfish), but what about the other three Kongs? It would've been neat to see those three be able to turn into their own respective animal friends...

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 1, 2024
    I forgot about Banjo-Tooie! I love that and the only flaw is that the Boss battle replays you only have 5 honeycombs, and the final boss can wipe you out in the replay.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Kingdom Hearts
    NO WAY TO SKIP THAT DAMN CUTSCENE BEFORE THAT RIKU FIGHT. That was fixed in Final Mix, however, so I don't really have any complaints. Maybe the controls in Atlantica but they could have been worse. XD

Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories
    Disney worlds suuuucked. ;_;' I adore the rest of the game but oh god the Disney worlds. ;_;

Kingdom Hearts 2
    GODDAMN ROXAS FIGHT FFFFF. Also Terra. This is for Final Mix+. My only qualms with the original version were with how crappy the Disney worlds were in comparison with the first. :(

Tales of the Abyss
    Loading times. ;_;

The World Ends With You
    Needs more Pi-Face. Yes, this is a legitimate concern. But seriously, this game was so amazing. I wish you could sell threads, though. >8| I have 9 of so many things from maxing out the shopkeepers but now when I need yen, I can't sell those back. Baaaaaw. Online mingling would have been nice too.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl
    NEEDS LESS PIT WITH HIS AIYAIYAIYAIYAAAAH. :(

Uhh... running out of games here orz. *checks top-rated list at backloggery*

Assassin's Creed
    Repetitive gameplay. I mean, I enjoyed it, but it's deeefinitely not a game you can play for hours on end. <_<

Pokémon Red/Gold
    Lmao, shut up I know they don't go together but... well, basically everything I still wanted in the games was added either in the third game or in later generations. These are my favourites because in other generations they somehow managed to make certain aspects of these games worse so idk. :|

Tales of Symphonia
    Uh. They added everything I wanted in the PS2 version, which in turn had crappy loads. They should COMBINE THE TWO and it'd be great. Oh, but I hated having so many party members. x_X Eight is way too many. (It can be pulled off, but ToS... didn't.)

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
    Uhh... needs less Water Temple. :|

Donkey Kong 64
    Oh god, it needs less races. <_<; I suck at getting the bananas from those. I think they're the only ones I'm missing in most places.

Portal
    Longer plzzzzz. ;_;

Okami
    Less Orochi please. XD

Super Smash Bros. Brawl
    It needed more of my favourite characters and being a little faster would be nice. Otherwise I'm fine with it, to be honest.

Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
    This needed to be longer. :( A few less missions and more plot!

Haha, lunch break's over and I'm practically out of favourites to rattle off so that's it. XD

Quiet Pichu

I'm The Man who can't be moved
    Years
    Spoiler:
    Nice list, I wouldn't expect an admin to be arsed to type all that out. But the title says "Your favourite game" :P

Hikari318

Eevee Breeder
    Years
    Tales of the Abyss
    Loading times. ;_;
    This.
    And it's either too easy or too hard (unknown >_<)

Tales of Symphonia :
    The affection system. Yes it's cool to have slightly alternative endings, but all the focus is on your 'soulmate', leaving little character development to the other characters.

Tales of Symphonia -Knight of Ratatosk- :
    The fact that everyone is complaining about it >_<
    Yes it has some flaws, yes some things should have been done differently, but it still was a great game. So why does it seem like I'm the only one who enjoyed it? ;_;

Pokemon :
    I don't know if there's anything I don't like about it...
    What I would like to see in future games is : a DS G/S/C remake, and a game in which you can visit all regions

Years
    Right now the best pokemon game would be pokemon pearl because of the great collection of pokemon you can collect and import from your old gamesand trade via wifi but as new pokemon games come out it would change. However a game that is not pokemon would be The World Ends With You which is so awsome because of everything about it e.g. Story, fighting and visuals.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
    Tales of Vesperia
    Too much Zagi. Way too much Zagi.

Tales of the Abyss
    What Lightning said. That and the fact that like all of the characters I liked died. Oh, and MIEU.

Tales of Symphonia
    After the eighth play through it gets old.

Tales of Eternia
    The english voice acting. ><

Disgaea: Hour of Darkness
    Too many freaking endings.

Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations
    It marks the end of the escapades of Phoenix himself.

Burnout Paradise
    Once you've explored Paradise City... that's about it.

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
    The difficulty levels are just ridiculous.

Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2
    I can't get the Smile! achievement. >O

Okami
    The final boss is long and easy. A boring combination.

Rock Band
    I can't play any higher than the normal difficulty. ;.;

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES
    The upgrades Aigis gets in the FES expansion make her look fugly.

Soulcalibur IV
    Online spammers suck more than a vacuum.

Super Smash Brothers Brawl
    ROB and Lucario.

Years
    Two of my favourite games, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and Mass Effect both suffer from the same problem, which is interiors basically having the same designs. For example, in Oblivion there are four different dungeon designs, though they at least variate slightly from each other, but in Mass Effect you enter one building, then another like it and notice they both look exactly identical. Becomes repetitive after a while seeing the same interiors over and over. Plus I'd recommend neither game to those looking for incredible gameplay.

Though despite those minor problems, I thoroughly enjoy them both for the amount of freedom they offer.

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years
    Resident Evil 4
    'S way too short, and gets almost TOO easy after a short while. And Ashley.... ugh. <<;;

Super Smash Brothers Brawl
    So whatever happened to the extra stuff you get points for after you beat something like classic? I forget what they're called exactly, but I know they had cool categories like Predator, One-Hit KO, Merciless Master. Yeah; they were cool. I miss them. :'<

Trauma Center: Second Opinion
    I don't like it how they have FULL voices (not just annoying repeating words like "Doctor! :O") in New Blood, but not in Second Opinion..*dies*

-Neko

latioslegends

What worries you masters you
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2019
    Boy where to begin X3

Company of heroes
    The germans are too overpowered, and the addition of the panzer elite gives them a side of speed now unlike the slow brits

Mercenaries
    The guns could have used better sound effects they sound to dull

Red alert 2 yuri's revenge
    To many balance issues 0.o

Star wars empire at war
    Online play is near impossible X3

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Final Fantasy VIII.
    First of all: Rinoa Heartilly. 'Nuff said.

Also, the soundtrack wasn't very good compared to other games in the series. I must admit, the boss battle music is one of my guilty pleasures, but the regular battle theme made me cringe every time I heard it. ;~;

Spoiler:

Dance Dance Revolution: EXTREME.
    Workout mode sucks beyond belief. >_>;

Crisis Core: FFVII.
    The 223456097 missions were all incredibly repetitive. I also think the overall main game should have been a little longer. >:

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl: It was a little too slow. I think that's all I don't like about that game.

Spyro: Year of the Dragon
    : The skateboard/snowboard crap was boring and too difficult.

Pokemon Stadium 2: The game is too good for words. But to top it all off, an adventure mode would have been awesome.

Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland
    : The graphics were terrible. D:

Wii Sports: Oh gosh, this game is terrific. I really don't think I can say anything bad about it. I think you should have the opportunity to play Wii Fitness whenever you want instead of having to move your Calendar up a day to play it again. But that's my only complaint. And it gets kind of boring when in single player mode.

Last edited:
    Years
    Reading these posts made me think of a few more things to add to my list:

Banjo-Kazooie:
    Reading a previous poster's post about boss stages, it irks me how you can't replay boss stages in Banjo-Kazooie. It would at least be nice if you could replay the final battle... but...

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2:
    Spoiler:

Paper Mario:
    I disliked any boss or enemy that had the ability to restore its HP. Sure, Mario can restore his HP, too, but bosses tend to have a lot more HP than Mario has at that point in the game.
    Other than that, I have next to nothing to complain about regarding this game.

Harvest Moon: More Friends of Mineral Town
    Too many things to do in a day, not enough hours to do them. Time passes much too quickly in this game. Also, watering my crops always seemed to use up a good 90% of my stamina for the day, leaving me with barely any energy to do anything else.

Donkey Kong 64
    Oh god, it needs less races. <_<; I suck at getting the bananas from those. I think they're the only ones I'm missing in most places.
    I personally loved the races, but that's just me. The mini-game I most dreaded in DK64, though, had to be Beaver Bother... that game was pretty near impossible to beat. And they had to stick 2 bonus barrels containing this game in the Creepy Castle stage... groan...

Back