• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Favorite Legendary Trio?

Your Favorite Legendary Trio?

• Birds: Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres

Votes: 21 29.2%
  • Beasts: Raikou, Entei, Suicune

Votes: 29 40.3%
  • Golems: Regice, Regirock, Registeel

Votes: 16 22.2%
  • Lake Gaurdians: Azelf, Mespirit, Uxie

Votes: 6 8.3%

• Total voters

Kendall

Fool of a Took
    Years
    Out of the four generations, what's your favorite legendary trio (and why)? Besides the main ones like Rayquaza, Kyogre, and Groudon, or Giratina, Dialga, and Palkia.

Mine would be a tie between the birds and the golems.

The birds are beautiful, serene, and majestic (mainly articuno). Plus, I love birds!

The golems are pretty cool because of the awesome way you had to obtain them in R/S/E. Plus they just look really ancient and mysterious.

meh, I'll go with the golems.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2020
    The golems, there kinda mysterious and I get a buzz when I try to catch one

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    The birds.

I didn't like any of the other trios when they were first introduced, but I've warmed up to them now (especially the dogs and golems). But all three birds are masterpieces.

Emlam

Old School
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2010
    Suicune's not a bad-looking little puppy, but the rest don't have noses. I'm rather partial to noses. :P

Lickeh Lickeh

Lickilicky lover
    Years
    The golems, such originality in their stats and so fun to use in competitive battling the way you have to catch them and how to get Regigigas is genius though.

To be honest I've started to like the beasts now, never used to; although my hatred for Entei has always been the same since the 3rd movie.

The birds are wonderful, they look so cool and elegant. It's the only thing I can saw about them to be honest.

Hmm, the legendary pixies are really basic in terms of how they're stats work (one being really defensive, another all rounded and the other attack, special attack and speed). The storyline behind them with Giritina and the Distortion World are really good, the way that they look are really unoriginal. Basically they have the same bodies with different heads, I've just noticed this actually. ;P

Going for the golems. =D

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    The Golem FTW. They're the only trio that I actually cared enough for to actually try and catch them. :P

The birds and beasts are pretty cool, but don't even get me started on the lake trio. I prefer to be able to distinguish between my legendary trio thank you very much.

Porygon-Z

Silph Agent
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2010
    Birds. The originals are still the greatest.

The gen IV trio suck though...they're all the same type! Not cool.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Moving to Pokemon General. I chose the golems because they have the most mystery behind them and an interesting backstory if you take the time to read all that braille like I did. Plus, they're the only trio that actually have to be unlocked, which is interesting to me. I can't really explain how much that trio intrigues me.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Lake Guardians

Really I never used the lake guardians, but for some reason they just have cool names and their jobs that they're destined to do seem so....different from the rest to me that I chose them (not bad pkmn either). The legendary dogs are alright..only really used mine in LG/FR. The regis are second (after guardians).

Hibaru

Advanced Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    Haha! Non other than The Lake Guardians! They've helped me Crush the Elite Four! When I'm Battling Aaron! :D Yeah I remember! They're cool too! and Cute! Haha!

MiniM00se

Toad in a stroller
    Years
    Golems. They're from Hoenn, they look cool, the way of getting them is unique and awesome, I like the names and they're from Hoenn.

The birds are too Kanto-y.
    The dogs are too dog-y.
    The lake trio things are too similar to eachother.

Alexeon

← from acrøss T·I·M·E ☆
    Years
    I also only really like one from each trio...except the Golems, I don't like any of them. xD

But I vote for the lake guardians because I do love the concept behind them. And I absolutely love their battle themes. xD The only legendaries I'd spend 30+ minutes each battling (or rather not battling) just to hear the awesome-ness of their themes.

Years
    i really love the way you obtain the golems in RSE, but the beasts look better, so im gonna go with them

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
    Like Sydian said, the Golems, because they're mysterious, and their backstory is cool, as well as their music. I can't stop listening to it.

And yes, they're unique in stats, which is also pretty cool. Not to mention how to get the Trio Master: Regigigas. And they look bad ass.

They just exude awesomeness from every square cm of their beings, to me, anyway. The others don't even compare. Though the sprites are awesome, too. My least favorite are the birds... they're just... there, and kind of boring, tbh.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jan 22, 2013
    Though Articuno is my favorite pokemon, I've gotta say, I like the beasts more. They look the coolest in my opinion. xD And they're the only trio where I like all three.

Back