• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

".........." -Your Favorite Silent Protagonist?

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Yeah... I'm not very imaginative.
    Red
    Link
    Megaman the First
    ...and does the Companion Cube work? That's probably one of my favorites.

Years
  • I have to go with Lt. and later Captain Parker from World in Conflict. You do not hear him during the mission and never see his face. It allows you to more easily see yourself as the protagonist.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
  • Heh, I just found out that Red is not a completely silent protagonist. In FRLG, if you speak to the rocket outside of Silph when he isn't in front of the doorway, Red will say "hah, he's snoozing" or something along those lines. Plus, he says "Go, [NAME]" any time you send a Pokemon out :D

Cornelius

Video Game Addict
    Years
  • Link from the Legend of Zelda.

He never talks, but I don't understand how you can select Yes, No, etc. when talking to people, Link doesn't say anything, but they still understand. It just perplexes me.

Still, that's just one thing that makes him awesome.

Raaji

Back up, I got a stick!
    Years
  • I would have to go with Felix or Issac from the Golden Sun series, as long as you don't count the game where they aren't the main player character. Felix does fit the silent role more though.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Gordon Freeman of the Half-Life series, of course. Few other protagonists in general, whether silent or speaking, have anything on him.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Toan from Dark Cloud.

My brother and I spent the whole game making up his dialogue and had way too much fun with it.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Young Link from OoT and MM. I know there's barely any difference in their facial expressions, but I always thought it looked like Young Link seemed more determined and looked like he carried more of burden than Adult Link.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    Chell from Portal is my fave silent protagonist.

Tyranitar.

The Reborn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2012
    Felix of Golden Sun. =D He's pure awesome. He almost stays silent for everything. Except for the part for that Race in GS2 where he asked "Why" o.o That's all I heard from him and only seen him Nod and Shake his head.

Vanilla Kitsune

Bloody git
    Years
  • Link from the Legend of Zelda.

He never talks, but I don't understand how you can select Yes, No, etc. when talking to people, Link doesn't say anything, but they still understand. It just perplexes me.

Still, that's just one thing that makes him awesome.
    In later games, typically Link will nod or give some indication of agreeing/understanding. Toon Link says "Come on!" in Wind Waker, I think. Still, that doesn't amount to much since he's taunting I believe.

Any Link from the Legend of Zelda gets my pick.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Crono - Chrono Trigger
    Serge - Chrono Cross
    Minato - Persona 3/Persona 3 FES
    Souji - Persona 4
    Hero - Dragon Quest V

Vigilante

Ringleader of Hell
    Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2009
    Isaac from Golden Sun, he is silent when he is the main hero in the first one. Only in the second one does he get to speak.

I would have to go with Felix or Issac from the Golden Sun series, as long as you don't count the game where they aren't the main player character. Felix does fit the silent role more though.
    Yeah,, that is true. I agree.

Back