• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

".........." -Your Favorite Silent Protagonist?

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
    Years
    You know the deal; heroes who, for whatever reason, never speak, yet somehow manage to be totally awesome.

Crono and Serge, of Chrono Trigger and Cross respectively, are both my favorites. They're both well developed as characters, and they never even speak, or at least you never hear them.

And, newly, Gordon Freeman of Half-Life fame.
    -He kills things with a crowbar. He's that hard.
    -He kills aliens. Lots of aliens.
    -He has awesome facial hair.
    -He's a mute science geek wearing a power suit.
    -He's crawled through complex industrial machinery, escaped a trash compactor, traveled across an alien world, shattered TWO alien assaults on Earth (the Gene Worm and the Combine), and he's been erased from and returned to existence twice. And he's also apparently acquainted with Jesus's business-suit wearing brother (AKA the G-Man).

Proving conclusively that nerds are awesome.

What about you? Any mute heroes (or villians, for that matter) that you like?

[aRG*]

Running and Gunning.
    Years
    1. Samus from the Metroid Series. Hot chick in a suit which shoots out laser beams? Nice!
    2. Soap from COD4. didnt hear him speak at all but i still think he owns and hope he is in modern warfare 2!

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
    Link in the Legend of Zelda series.
    Samus in Metroid.
    Mario in the Mario series. I don't count the "mama mia!"s.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 8, 2024
    I wonder if Darth Nihilius counts... Sorry, that is villain, but he is my favourite silent villain (except the occasional Sith Speak, that is just mumbling)

Anyway... Silent hero... I'd say Link from Legend of Zelda.

Sakurah

Pokemon Event Collector! <3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2012
    Souji from Persona 4.
    Link from Zelda.
    Crono from Chrono Trigger.
    RED FROM POKEMON.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    Felix from Golden Sun: The Lost Age. Personally one of the few characters that should be silent, not because he says stupid things, but because it actually suits his personality.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
    Link from The Legend of Zelda series, Mario from the Super Mario series (sort of), Koji Minamoto from the Digimon series (Digimon Frontier), Marcus Fenix from Gears of War (meh), and I guess there are a few others that I can't think of right now. :D

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    Gold from Pokemon.

Link from Legend of Zelda

Megaman from MegaMan 1-9

Mario from Super Mario Bros.

Paddle from PONG

Gordon Freeman from HL

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
    Ryu - Breath of Fire II and III
    Naoki - Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
    Ninten - Mother
    Riou - Suikoden II

Those are probably my favorite ones. Of course, you could add Serge to list as well.

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Gotta go with Link. I don't play too many games outside of Zelda (unless you count Pokemon and Mario), to be honest, but Link is just the bomb. Period.

Back