• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

".........." -Your Favorite Silent Protagonist?

Years
    Felix of Golden Sun. =D He's pure awesome. He almost stays silent for everything. Except for the part for that Race in GS2 where he asked "Why" o.o That's all I heard from him and only seen him Nod and Shake his head.

I remember that scene, that "Why?" just came completely out of no where because Felix is the supposedly silent protagonist in that game. o_O;

But anyway, I favour Isaac and Felix from the Golden Sun games, though I do agree when people say Felix fits being a mute a lot more because of his personality and overall role in the storyline.

Years
    Both of mine are technically not a character as in one you make your own and the other your decisions shape your own.

The original Saints Row protagonist and Fable II's protagonist.

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
    Even though I have a lot of fun pretending that Red is a cheeky little bastard, I'd have to say my favorite is Serge from Chrono Cross. Serge was at the focal point of one of the best plot twists in gaming.

What I'm wondering is if there's any game where the silent protagonist is literally mute. That would be hardcore.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Is it really fair to call Samus a silent protagonist? It's true that she's uniquely silent in the only voice-acted game in the series to-date, but she does hold conversation with the computer in Fusion, has a couple of one-liners in Brawl, and seems to be able to speak in the upcoming Other M...

meh, other than that, my vote goes for Felix and Isaac and Link. :P

Kerotan

Gwo. Wuggo-wuggo.
    Years
    IMO, silent protagonist + RPG = Instafail.

Even one of my favorite RPG's, Chrono Trigger has a silent protagonist.
    (Yes, one of my favorite RPG's is Chrono Trigger, shut up.)

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    IMO, silent protagonist + RPG = Instafail.

Even one of my favorite RPG's, Chrono Trigger has a silent protagonist.
    (Yes, one of my favorite RPG's is Chrono Trigger, shut up.)
    Why? Silent protagonists are there so that you can basically fill in the shoes of the MC, instead of being typecast into that role. That's why it felt so weird in GS: TLA when Isaac started blabbering like an idiot; it was likely not how you made him out to be.

Anyway, I'm going to go with the tried and true Gordon Freeman. He doesn't need to talk; he says it all with a crowbar to the face.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Red from RBGY

For me, it would have to be Felix from Golden Sun. I haven't really played too many games with silent protagonists, but within the ones I have played, Felix is definitely one of my favorites.

Wes from Pokemon XD is also one of my favs. His personality definitely fit the role of "Silent Protagonist".

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
    Years
    Actually, Gordon Freeman IS a literal mute. Try as I might, I can't recall any instance of him speaking. Come to think of it, I don't he's even listed in the voice credits...

michele

☮ & ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Felix from Golden Sun: The Lost Age. Personally one of the few characters that should be silent, not because he says stupid things, but because it actually suits his personality.
    this! except i like isaac more [in the first golden sun]. but once the second game came around and isaac was no longer the main focus, he NEVER stopped talking. xD

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
    Years
    Link get's my vote :3
    Silent, yet people know his names XD
    Even without his ability to speak, he's pretty awesome, and I PK love Zelda.

Then is Lucas, and Ness from the Mother series, favourite series. They're as cool as Link, well, atleast in my opinion anyways.

Back