• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Favourite Opening Theme Song?

ShinyMeowth

Gone forever
    Years
    I like singing the original theme at school, in the middle of random lessons. For some weird reason, my teachers do not appreciate my musical views. I also like Unbeatable, and the Galactic Battles theme song. Those two are both awesome, and I keep listening to them in the background when I am on the computer. I also love the Japanese theme for Best Wishes, it is one of these songs that inspire you to listen to them over and over again.

TJgamer

A Pokémon Poet
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2021
    Both the original and Johto Journeys are my personal favorites.
    Never get tired of it.

Guest123_x1

My favorite is Born To Be A Winner (Johto League Champions) followed by Pokémon Johto and the first theme (Indigo era/Gotta Catch 'em All).

luf100

Team Rocket Grunt
    Years
    Well I love the original, in Japanese and English. The English Battle Frontier theme is awesome, and I love the Japanese versions of the Best Wishes and DP theme. (Not that I've heard an opening in English for BW yet.)

Oh, I also really love the Orange Islands theme in English. :D

Tox

fight me
    Years
    I haven't heard any of the Japanese themes other than the Best Wishes one so my choices are solely from the American dub. They kind of alter a little but this is a good indication of the order I like them in.
    -This Dream
    -I Want To Be A Hero
    -Unbeatable
    -Pokémon (Original Theme)
    -Born To Be A Winner
    -Believe In Me
    -We Will Be Heroes

I don't like the Battle Frontier or a lot of the Sinnoh themes. I cringe when I hear them.

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2013
    My favorite Japanese theme is the opening A New Oath from the Raikou special; I like many other Japanese themes as well, but cannot pick a favorite. As for English, I like the original theme and the Galactic Battles theme (Stand Up!)

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
    Years
    My favorite is Master Quest. I would rank all of the Johto themes over any other. The themes for Sinnoh were really bad, except the last one was just ok. The new one for Unova is disappointing as well.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Well, the original is pretty good, as is Master Quest.

However, slight nostalgia means that Advanced and Advanced Battle are my favourites.

Battle Frontier's alright too. The D/P ones were a bit rubbish, although Battle Dimension was tolerable to start with, it started to be irritating. Sinnoh League Victors looks nice, but I don't like the music.

Black and White needs to grow on me, because at the moment I just don't like it.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    My favorite openings are the kanto theme (it's just flawless), Pokemon Advanced opening, Battle Frontier opening, Johto Journeys opening, and Masterquest opening.

Really overall I'd say the region that had the best openings for me had to be Hoenn. Loved the advanced opening, challenge and battle were great as well. I don't know if Battle Frontier could be considered apart of the Hoenn saga but yeah it just gives Hoenn openings more points, imo.

My least favorite, the Sinnoh openings. Really upset with them. Black and white is better, but not up to par with any of the openings after Battle Frontier.

SonicTH

Crazy Sonic and Poke-fan
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2011
    Hmm...Maybe my favourite OP theme is..."I wanna be the very best", but "Mewtwo strikes back" version)

Back