• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Feelings About Light XD

Kelsey

~-*-~-*-~-*-~
Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2005
    OK, this is just some totally random poll I wanted to do. XD Actually, I was justr staring around the room and saw a lamp and thought this up. XD

Anyways, when you wake up early in the morning, be it to get ready for school, college, work, etc., do you try to avoid light as much as possible?

Once I wake up and get dressed, I go into the bathroom to brush my teeth. I never flip the lights on, because if I were to do so then my eyes would spontaneously conbust and burst into flames. Then my body would melt for added effects. XD

Then my insane sister would usually fly into the bathroom and switch the lgihts on, I'd cover my fave then yell at her for it. XD For if I'm exposed to extreme light as soon as I wake up, I freak out, as stated above. XD

So, what about you? Do bright lights early in the morning really make you wig out? Or don't you mind the light at all? ^______^

~Kelsey

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 10, 2005
    This sure is original! xD Well, they don't make me go crazy, but I hate bright lights in the morning. I have to shut my eyes and cover them with my hands. Otherwise my eyes start to burn. XD

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    Light is annoying then helpful sometimes but I like dark more.

Legendary_Pokegirl

~Change the World~
    Years
  • Hehe....That was funny Kelsey. xD

But to answer your question, I do mind light when I wake up. >.O It really bugs me, and it makes my eyes sting. Also, I can never see if my light is on in the morning. I REALLY hate it. >.< Each morning before school my dad comes in to wake me up, and the first thing he does is turn on my bedroom light.

~Karli

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    Light? Light is wonderful! =3 But I never see light when I wake up, since it's still dark out there. x.x;

Triumphant Chaos

...Blah.
    Years
  • My parents flip on my ceiling light every morning when I'm woken up, and I hate it. I end up staying under my blankets an extra 20 minutes to get my eyes used to the lights, and still squint when I finally get out of bed. Morning lights are evil.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    I'll have my curtains open in the morning, but i dont like artificial light during the day.
    I especially hate the lights being turned on during the night *hisses* XD

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    DF dadragonz said:
    I'll have my curtains open in the morning, but i dont like artificial light during the day.
    I especially hate the lights being turned on during the night *hisses* XD
    Wow we think alike.

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    Don't even get me started with light. For some reason light makes me in a very bad mood and I prefer to be in the dark. XP; I don't like the light in the morning of course. =/

*dies*

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
    Years
  • I live downstairs. That answer your question?

I like to stay out of the light, it's so bright and...I dunno, I really don't like it. I'm a nighttime person, anyways.

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
    Years
  • Light? I prefer doing things in the dark, I hate watching TV or playing videogames with the light on its very distracting. But sometimes I have to admit, it gets a little freaky at night home alone XD.

I'm also a night person, on weekends or when ever I don't have to go to school, I sleep or stay in bed for the majority of the day, and I'm awake at night. I have very odd sleeping patterns...

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
  • I hate morning light. It fills the room with some still, hot atmosphere. I prefer cold, cloudy mornings.

In fact the only light I like is that coming from the moon or my computer screen.

Pounce

renai kakumei
    Years
  • I hate sudden lights when I just wake up. my mom used to do that to me (she used to turn my light on right after I just opened my eyes) because she thought it would wake me up more... no, it just made me extremely cranky ~_~;;

I like sleeping in to sunny days outside though. it's so pretty when I wake up to a room filled with sunshine~ ^o^

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    It depends... I'm actually more of a morning person, but I don't like it when someone just suddenly flips the lights on when I'm sleeping well. But, I always keep my blinds open so I can wake up naturally by the light of the sunrise! I love that; it's so nice and peaceful.

AngelWolfie

Tiger Power!
    Years
  • I like light. But not when I wakeup, unless it's 11 a.m. and I got lots of sleep :P If I got a good night's sleep, I like sunlight in my room. I have to have lights on when watching TV or on the computer because screens hut my eyes without other light x_o
    But I hate it when my mom wakes me upwhen I'm not ready on school mornings and has the light on -_-; When sleeping, I prefer at least semi-darkness.

Triumphant Chaos

...Blah.
    Years
  • When sleeping, I can't stand any light at all. I close my door and shut my blinds as tight as they can be closed. And any little light can bother me, even the glowing orange background thing on my stereo. It drives me nuts because when it's on, it shines right in my eyes when I lie in my bed. v.v I'm definitely more of a darkness loving person.

Stripes

TCG Master
    Years
  • I used to have an attitude when woke in the morning especially when someone hit on the lights. Now I really don't care, just go to the bathroom and throw some water on my face and get the day started. So my feeling about light is peachy just peachy. Isn't peachy such a fun word to use XD.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    Dark, i definately like the dark better me eyes are evily sensitive to light, especially when i'm trying to sleep

Back