• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your First Anime.

100marios

Reigning Dork Champion of PC
    Years
    Well, I knew about Dragonball Z and Sailor Moon a long time ago, since some of friends liked those animes, but I never got into the hype. I also learned about pokemon from my friends, but I never would've started watching it if it wasn't for my older sister. I was walking out of my room one saturday morning to get something to eat, to see my sister slurping down her cereal while watching some strange show on television. Turns out, it was the episode where Ash first captured charmander.

Anyways, hehe, I guess Pokemon was my first anime too!

Lokhlan

Formerly "Tendo"
    Years
    Evil Togepi said:
    As a kid I grew up with many anime series' but at the time I didn't know they came from Japan, you don't care about that kind of stuff when your a kid XD

I believe shows like the Thundercats and the Transformers were at least animated in Japan or so what Google is telling me, I also watched a show named Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors. Oh and I believe Speed Racer was one too...

And one that sticks most in my mind is one named the Mysterious Cities of Gold which according the google was a Japanese/French co-Production, I remember it had some big golden condor plane in it XD

I was such an 80s child XD

But all in all Pok?mon was the first show I reconized as coming from japan and it was that show which got me intrested in other anime shows.

*lol* I'm all nostalgic now looking at pictures from these old shows I used to watch XD
    Omg, thats so me. I also grew up watching shows like Transformers & Speed Racer, but like you, I didn't know they were "anime" at the time.

For me though, Outlaw Star was the 1st anime I watched knowing it was an anime.

Blitz

Ready to win in tourney!!
    Years
    my first anime was Gundam Wing, which also happened to be my fav (well,tied with Digimon which i saw later) until i saw Gundam Seed.

vlaney

Years
    The 1st Anime that I have seen is Sailor Moon.
    I still watch it and it's my favorite Anime of all time.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 7, 2005
    My first anime was Robotech! I love Robotech!!! But I have also seen like 50 others! isnt it great?? beats the crap out of regular cartoons. although, I hate azu manga daioh. Actually, i just hate the name.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Once again. Anime are normal cartoons. Anime is short for animation so in essence ALL cartoons are anime. Maybe it's just J-Anime you like? I liked azu manga. It's funny got a good bunch of satire if you understand the japanese culture.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 7, 2005
    I look at anime and cartoons differently. When I say anime, a certain type of japaneze animation comes to mind. And as i said, i didnt really dislike azu manga, just the name "daioh" gets under my skin.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    It's got a bunch of meanings, but the one used in the title is.
    Daioh- Dark humor.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Nope, it's only shown in three citys isent it? Though i'll just wait for the new anime network...the one that wont be all VOD

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Currentally this is what is shown in america with anime
    WB
    Fox
    Cartoon Network
    ABC family
    Anime Channel
    ImaginAsian TV
    International Network
    Telemundo
    V-Channel
    G4TechTv

thats about it...adult swim does have it's own channel but it's only VOD so I'm not sure if that counts.

zsun_44

Just a member
    Years
    the very first anime i watched was probably dragonball... maybe thats why i like DBZ and DBGT so much..XD

Back