• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your First Anime.

swordkirby537

Captain of the Cheese
    Years
    What was the very first anime you ever watched? The very fist anime I ever seen was Pokemon. I was 8 years old at the time and I loved it! Now at age 14 I watch all kinds of anime and I'm a major anime fan.

usami

biohazard
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Iowa
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    The first anime I ever saw was Digimon, I got hooked on it and watched it every sturday, I never heard of pokemon until the 3rd grade people were trding the cards during school hours so they banned the cards for the school.

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Sailor Moon, the dub on Cartoon Network. I watched every episode and taped them too, I adored it. I later watched stuff like DBZ on the same station. ^_^;

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    Well, I think that Pokemon was my first Anime. That, or Sailor Moon. I can't remember... Either way, Pokemon was the show that got me interested in Japanese animation, because after doing some research on the show, I learned that it was from Japan, and that it was called 'Anime'. I've liked it ever since, and here recently I've learned about several other Anime shows like Tokyo Mew Mew, and InuYasha, which are some of my favorites as well. ^_^

Castrainer

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2006
    The first anime I saw was either Pkmn or Sailor Moon... I dun really remember... ^ ^;

Evil Togepi

Yu-Gi-Oh GX owns my SOUL!
    Years
    As a kid I grew up with many anime series' but at the time I didn't know they came from Japan, you don't care about that kind of stuff when your a kid XD

I believe shows like the Thundercats and the Transformers were at least animated in Japan or so what Google is telling me, I also watched a show named Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors. Oh and I believe Speed Racer was one too...

And one that sticks most in my mind is one named the Mysterious Cities of Gold which according the google was a Japanese/French co-Production, I remember it had some big golden condor plane in it XD

I was such an 80s child XD

But all in all Pok?mon was the first show I reconized as coming from japan and it was that show which got me intrested in other anime shows.

*lol* I'm all nostalgic now looking at pictures from these old shows I used to watch XD

coco

Dancing in the Moonlight
    Years
    sailor moon was the first anime i ever watched (i was about 4). i used to want to be one of the sailor scouts

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
    Years
    First anime I *ever* watched was Speed Racer. After that it was Pokemon, but I diddn't regard them as coming from Japan or anything. The first shows that got me interested in anime were Outlaw Star and 08th MS Team. I loved watching them in my grandmother's basement. Good times all around.

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
    My first anime was uhhh...*thinks really hard.* Dragon Ball, or Sailormoon. Or was it Pok?mon. I'm not exactly sure. :P

Jesus Freak Josh

In my mind's eye, I see You...
    Years
    The first time I watched anim? was when I was 7 and it was Pok?mon! ^_^
    My friend was talking about it and I'm like 'Huh?'
    He explained and he told me when and where to watch it.
    And here I am, 12 years, still watching!

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    For me? Well, I've got a few vague memories, but I can't classify which one came first. So I'll just tell all of them. o.o;

First, I remember Hello Kitty and Keroppi and Friends. I think those were their titles, anyway. ^_^; They used to be on YTV a long time ago, and now they're on Treehouse. =o I didn't watch them regularly, but I did enjoy them once in a while. ^_^; I think I also remember another show of the same general type, but I can't recall the name. o_O

There was also Dragonball. I remember watching it one night after Reboot. =o I don't remember liking it, though... lol. I think I was too young. ^_^;

Then there was this movie that I used to rent all the time. I LOVED it, and I found out either last year or the year before that it was an anime. It was called "The Last Unicorn" and I cannot seem to find it ANYWHERE now. ;_; I want to watch it so badly now... especially since it brings back such nostalgia of my early childhood and the fact that it likely was my very first anime... whether I knew that or not. XD

Then of course there was Sailor Moon. I think I knew it came from Japan, but I was too naive to think any further than that. It was just another cartoon to me... although it was basically my first "obsession". o.o; I absolutely adored that show. I taped almost all the episodes, I had the Sailor Moon bedding, the curtains, all the toys and puzzles... XD; I don't know where that stuff is now.

The first anime that I knew was an anime, though, was Pokemon... or Digimon. Probably both. o.o

Rose Flame

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2004
    The first anime I ever saw was Pokemon. It seems I was between 7 and ten at the time...it's still one of my favorites :)

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Sep 27, 2009
    First/Only anime I watch/ever attempted to watch is Pokemon. Sure Ive 'seen' other but not really 'watched' them

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    First ever anime I ever saw, was when I was about 7 or 8. Yeah, that's long before most of you were that age. The Mysterious Cities of Gold, I loved that series. We got them all in the UK around that time, and I watched it every chance I could.

Mind you, that was long before I realised it was anime. I thought it was just another cartoon. :-)

Legendary_Pokegirl

~Change the World~
    Years
    Lightning said:
    For me? Well, I've got a few vague memories, but I can't classify which one came first. So I'll just tell all of them. o.o;

First, I remember Hello Kitty and Keroppi and Friends. I think those were their titles, anyway. ^_^; They used to be on YTV a long time ago, and now they're on Treehouse. =o I didn't watch them regularly, but I did enjoy them once in a while. ^_^; I think I also remember another show of the same general type, but I can't recall the name. o_O

There was also Dragonball. I remember watching it one night after Reboot. =o I don't remember liking it, though... lol. I think I was too young. ^_^;

Then there was this movie that I used to rent all the time. I LOVED it, and I found out either last year or the year before that it was an anime. It was called "The Last Unicorn" and I cannot seem to find it ANYWHERE now. ;_; I want to watch it so badly now... especially since it brings back such nostalgia of my early childhood and the fact that it likely was my very first anime... whether I knew that or not. XD

Then of course there was Sailor Moon. I think I knew it came from Japan, but I was too naive to think any further than that. It was just another cartoon to me... although it was basically my first "obsession". o.o; I absolutely adored that show. I taped almost all the episodes, I had the Sailor Moon bedding, the curtains, all the toys and puzzles... XD; I don't know where that stuff is now.

The first anime that I knew was an anime, though, was Pokemon... or Digimon. Probably both. o.o

Lol, 'The Last Unicorn' is in the video store where I am. All the family movies are with the little kid movies, and I see it on the top shelf to the right every time I go there. XD

Back