• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your First Pokemon Card?

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    ^ sweetness. I always wanted that card.

Mine was a Fossil set Omanyte. After that, a shiny Fossil Ditto and Aerodactyl. Wonderful days, they were... Wish I still had it, honestly.

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
    I got...You guessed it, the first type of Porygon card, from Base Set. At the time, Porygon seemed like bordering useless, with a low 30 HP and no means of attacking without a TM, but I didn't care! As soon as Porygon2 came out, holding onto it payed off!

Fli

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2011
    A seel. I begged my brother (who's 4 years younger) to give me one of his new pokemon cards that he had just gotten. My second card (this is not the original question, I know, I just feel like sharing my story) was a holo chikorita (my brother also gave this one to me). I had to keep hiding this card because my brother kept stealing it back (he thought it was really rare). Then I started actually buying my own cards. Yep. I still love my seel, though.

Years
    • PA
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    I think mine was an oddish or a caterpie. I don't remember but i know hta tby the time i finished collecting first generation cards i had at least 15 weedles so i wouldn't be surprised if it was a weedle either :D

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    My first pokemon card was a Diglett lol:)
    Same here. :D

I got some of my friends to just give me random cards, since I couldn't get my parents to buy any for me for awhile. (Or maybe I just didn't ask... not sure. I was always assuming that they didn't want to waste money on me, so I would never ask for that kind of stuff.) Anyway, I got a bunch of crappy cards from my friends, and started trading and ended up with a decent supply that way. The only one of the original bunch that I actually remember though, is a Diglett.

Hantsuki

a little wolf inside a girl
    Years
    My friend gave me an Abra card in grade school when I was inquiring what they were playing under the tree during lunch. It wasn't in the best condition, but it was my first card ever and it pretty much got me into watching Pokemon once I learned it was a cartoon.

nidorina

Ash Ketchum groupie~1998♥
    Years
    My first card was a Horsea. My neighbor was selling cards outside his house for $1 each, and my mom let me and my brother chose one. I'm pretty sure I almost got a Diglett or a Weedle or something equally brown with a pink nose, but then my neighbor showed me Horsea. I fell in love with its cuteness.

I ended up buying so many cards from him he eventually just gave me his entire binder xD

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    This Weedle, right here.

Your First Pokemon Card?

I got it when I was in second grade. One of the kids in my class was showing off his Pokemon card collection... I really liked Pokemon, but I didn't have any cards of my own, so I asked him if I could have one of his doubles. He gave me that Weedle, LOL.

Blue Trainer

Do iT FuR TeH LulZ
    Years
    Yeah I remember the first time I got PKMN Cards, I was like 8 or so - it was in GAME and it was the Original set that was released...the first card I got was Charmander, then Onyx, then Caterpie,Chansey, two trainer cards - one of which was a poison - then a water,electric,electric,normal energy cards....

I'm pretty sure that was my first booster pack and the first cards I ever got :)

Blue

^.hydro

Missingno's Homie
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    I remember mine...A Persian from the Jungle pack i belive...the one where he is in front of a med. at Dusk

PuNkSter

Typhlosion is on fire!
    Years
    Pidgeotto from the first booster pack. i was like 5 years old and found it on the ground. unfortunately on that same day i lost it.

Back