• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Your first reactions to Pokemon Diamond & Pearl

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
Years
  • What was your first reaction when you heard there were going to be 2 new pokemon games, WITH NEW POKEMON

Mine was pretty much:

HOLLLLLLLY CRAAAAAAAAP!
    How am i gunna remember 150 new names?!

Pineapi

Must. Have. Cute. Pokemon.
    Years
  • Honestly, my first reaction was how much I HATED some of the new Pokemon.. Some of them are just so BAD. I also didn't like how my Pokemon wouldn't obey me.. I am sure this isn't a new thing but it was new to me! lol.

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2008
    my response was:

NO! NOT ANOTHER ONE!
    *reads preview*
    oh. so its not another spinoff.

yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Years
  • I was a bit disappointed with the lack of imagination used in the creation of the new pokemon, but I was excited for the new storyline. I was nowhere near as obsessed with D/P as I once was with RBY or GSC. It is still a decent game though.

Cid

Years
  • My first reaction was:

What the HECK happened to the drawings? Did a four-year old draw this Spiritomb???

Yeah, that's it...

Toblerone

Which chocolate is the best?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    I got that same impression. I thought "Oh man, they've created weird looking Pokémon!"

Years
  • I exicited i like the story line in this one but i did not like the elite four in this game they were to easy

Years
  • My reactions to the new game was that I liked the overworld graphics but I thought the stater town music didn't make a very good first impression... (dooo doo dodooo do do- *breath* dooo doo do... ¬.¬; its so dull...)

When I saw Bidoof. I just thought to myself "they've really run out of ideas now". It just looked like an assortment of brown shapes stuck together.

Sadly, I found very few DP pokemon that I was willing to use in my final team. Most of which I preferred were from the earlier gens.

So, overall, my reactions were of disappointment.

ErickaVolt

Born to kill.
    Years
  • My first reaction to D/P is......

*Yay!! Another Pokemon version to hack.*
    *Another game to download at the internetz.*

^_^

Kojima

Pokemon Of The Month Above
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2008
    My first reaction to the game was....

*OH MY GOD! I gotta get that game*

But then I found out it'll be released in Australia in June T_T

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • I smashed my head at the repeated dull factor of the same game after 10 years. I swear the only thing keeping it alive is the shiny collecting. I had it beat in under 5 days do to the stupid simplness of the game. So in other words I was like a big cursing rapper.

Iron Shaman

Metagamer Lite
    Years
  • "So sloooooooooooooooow" was my reaction. Seriously, GSC's first hour was faster than DP's. ._.

The new cries were annoying, and at first I thought the new pokes were silly (but I've taken that back - every new gen everyone whinges despite there being a lot of awesome (Hippowdon ftw <3) being around.

But the inclusion of wifi and increase in EV training items (Macho brace sucked D: ) kept the game lasting. I still prefer NB/Shoddy to wifi though. =(

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Oh iron shaman your not the only one that sees the slowness of it. I got through G/S/C up to olivine in what 5 hours with pokemon reay at a right level and everything. So yeah one thing that ticked me off was speed. God imagine surf speed in hoenn.

Amp

This is crazy.
    Years
  • My first reaction was "Yes! New pokes!"

Then it became
    "WHY IS THIS SO SLOW!??!!!!! WALK FASTER YOU LITTLE RUNT!"

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back