• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your first shiny pokemon

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    you guys do know this is for the GBA games and not the GBC games right?

Actually, no, this covers all games. It's General Gaming. Anyway, my first shiny was a Whismur on Ruby. I thought it was diseased, but I caught it because I felt bad for it.

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    First shiny i came across was a Buizel in Diamond but it diedz D:

And then I got a shiny Ambipom from a trade in Platinum ^_^

Rain

Years
    My first shiny pokemon was a hoothoot in pokemon gold.
    I wasn't paying attention, so I wasn't sure at first if had seen it sparkle, so I made sure to catch it and it was indeed shiny. :)

He is now a noctowl.

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2024
    I was in Victory Road in my Pokemon Ruby version and I found a Shiny Golbat! See, I didn't know anything about Shiny Pokemon, or that they even existed, but I knew it looked different, so I caught it. I was so happy with my new, "gold" Pokemon (what me and my friends used to call it because the Shiny Golbat's body was gold-ish) that I knew I had to train it until it became a Crobat, and back then me and my friends thought trying to evolve a Pokemon with friendship was very, very, hard. Not too hard, really. (I was good at Pokemon, but I didn't know much besides what you see in the game. Stuff like Shiny's and events and all that that you aren't told about I didn't know. Then one day I found Serebii.net and I changed!)

I think I found a Shiny Pokemon in my Fire Red, let me see... I think I found a Shiny Pidgey. I'm pretty sure I did. Yeah! I did! Also, I made some trades for a Shiny Castform, Pikachu, and Meowth/Persian (its a Persian now, but I can't remember if it was a Meowth when I got it) by giving away Pokemon my friend were somehow unable to get like Entei, Regice ect.

After that my days of collecting Shinys were over....... until one day, when I was testing my hack of Pokemon Ruby, Pokemon Iron Ruby - Rage of Flare (this was before I changed the whole beginning), I was testing somethings I had added, and I picked Torchic as my starter. BAM!!! Shiny! Too bad I really can't use that file as I am going to have to restart at some point... Not to mention Red Gyarados from Silver/Crystal (I don't have Gold, its the only game I never got, not counting all the sidegames like Pokemon Snap, Ranger, Mystery Dungeon ect.) And also the Red Gyarados in Shiny Gold, Zel's hack.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    Apart from the Red Gyrados..... I've never caught a shiny pokemon. :( I've never even seen one.

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
    Years
    It was actually around a month ago. I've got a minor shiny obsession, even though I hadn't even heard of them until D/P (I thought the Gyarados was some sort of legendary in G/S/C xD). I chain every so often but I've never been successful at it. There was one morning, however, when I stepped into the grass, and before I even began chaining... bam, a shiny Electrike. I was really out of it too. xD I was like, "...haha, that's funny, I wonder why it's blue instead of green?"

adi_balwani

A HUGE game fan
    Years
    Excluding the Red Garados, my first shiny Pokemon was a Lairon which i found in the Victory cave while going to the Poke League in Emerald.

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
    Silver - Shiny Mantine | Shiny Gyrados
    Crystal - Shiny Tentacruel | Shiny Gyrados
    Ruby - Shiny Nincada
    Emerald - None
    Diamond - Shiny Tentacruel (my actual first shiny)
    Platinum - None

So yeah . . .

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
    Years
    A shiny RATATTA.

:D ^__^ I soo wish I called it Ratty. ._.; *shooted*

XD ^^

It was captured in my ollld Crystal file, AFTER I won the game, outside of Goldenrod city. And, yes, I actually DID kill the Red Gyarados in lake rage early on. Yah...I was a n00b. I thought you HAD to KILL it as part of the storyline!!! 0_o; XDD ^^;

Boonzeet

Pokémon Secrets of the Ages Developer
    Years
    The first one I saw was strange, I was 6 at the time, I'd just been bought Crystal, and I was at the Lake of Rage, and a trainer (a lass, or something) sent out a Shiny Butterfree, I think. Maybe I encountered it. Either way, I never caught it. It was around midnight at the time.

About a week later, I was walking in the grass I believe just under violet city, it's a T shape and has a bug catcher in the grass; I dunno; anyway I encountered a wild Pink Drowzee. I caught it about 20 ultra balls later and loved it forever. I traded it one day to Yellow, I think, and was heartbroken -- its shine, gone, forever :(

(until I traded it back to crystal, i talk too much)

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
    My first Shiny Pokémon... hmm... That would probably have to be my Shiny Magikarp in Pokémon Crystal. That's the WORST Shiny Pokémon to get in G/S/C because a Shiny Gyarados is in the game. My second, if I can remember correctly, is a Shiny Golbat in Pokémon Emerald.

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
    My first shiny beside GSC's Gyarados was a shiny Numel on Mt. Chimney in Sapphire. But I didn't know it was shiny (somehow 0_o) because it was the very first one I ran into. So I started a new game a few months later, and no more Numel ):

IcyArceusRider

Nyaaaaa <3
    Years
    The very VERY first time I encountered a shiny pokemon, it was a Bellsprout and I was playing Silver version way back when it was the latest and newest thing. Since I was a little kid, I didn't exactly realize what I had found, and I instantly KOed that shiny Bellsprout and I have never again seen a shiny Bellsprout.

However, the first shiny that I actually caught was a Shuppet on my Sapphire version. ^^ I love Shuppet. I just found it at Mt. Pyre one day and I was like, "OMG shiny!" And I threw and Ultra Ball and caught it.

Today I have three shinies: Shuppet, Tentacruel, and Meowth. ^_^

Back