• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your first shiny pokemon

Code

Stealcase
Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Apr 23, 2021
    My first (oficial) shiny pokemon was a crawdaunt. I was fishing, and when it shone I knew I had to catch it! it was amazing!
    well, that was my first official catch. I got one in an egg from the day care couple from silver, and of course the shiny gyarados (who hasn't caught that!).

bdm

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2009
    I've never seen one and I've been playing Pokemon on and off since the GBC days. Of course, that isn't including GSC.

Last edited:

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
  • I caught a shiny Bellsprout in Crystal... but I know you're talking about GBA but I just thought I'd say xD

Apostrophe

Everybody do the search dance!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2010
    I heard it was actually a 1/65536 chance. For those who don't know, unsigned 16-bit integers may represent values from 0 to 65535.

The first one I caught was a red Zigzagoon. My brother ran into it on his Ruby version. He didn't trust himself so he told me to catch it for him. Of course, one day he wanted to restart his save, and we traded it to my crappy Saphire version that I got off of eBay. Once we tried to trade it back to his game after he reset his save, a link error occured. Because of the way my cartrage behaved, not manually saving after linking corrupts the save file. Thus, that shiny zigzagoon was gone forever.

This is slightly offtopic, but I ran into a shiny zubat on Silver version RIGHT AFTER I FILLED MY BOX. There's still a hole in the wall.

KurlyFries

let's get this bread
    Years
  • Well, my first Shiny that I owned was a Tentacool with dark green lobes.
    But the first shiny I saw was a brown Raikou in Gold version.

When I saw a yellow one it blew my mind.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • In Emerald, I found my first shiny, a Poochyena. I wasn't expecting it as I was running west of Lilycove to visit the Safari Zone. Also, I was scared of it using Roar, so I just used my Master Ball.

Btw, Apostrophe, the shiny ratio is determined by this formula:

(Trainer ID) xor (Secret ID) = E

(First byteword of personality value) xor (Second byteword of personality value) = F

If E xor F is less than eight, then the Pokémon is shiny.

So, 8/65536 chances reduces to our lovely 1/8192 chance. It was never 1/65536.

The Red Chain

I remember the very first shiny Pokemon I ever encountered was a shiny Weedle in Silver.
    I didn't catch it since I was young and didn't know what a shiny Pokemon was.
    I noticed something was weird about it but I payed no heed and fainted it. >:
    Stupid move I know.. I could've had a beautiful shiny Beedrill but my ignorance prevented this. ;;

Though it's hard to remember which shiny Pokemon I actually caught first..
    So that's all I have to offer sadly..

Back