• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your First Shiny

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunjackSmoker

Rogue Trainer
    Years
    Floatzel. I cought it in the grass. My first shiny ever. I normally dont catch evolved pokemon but when I saw a shiny I had to catch it.

Years
    My first shiny was in pokemon silver, a tentacool with green gemstones, instead of red.
    FireRed: mankey with greenish fur
    Emerald: a dark purple wurmple
    ToxicPurple: golden pidgey

Fantomix

^^^^^^^^^
    Years
    Growlithe, on a chain of 26. It broke soon after, so I was lucky! I didn't really know how to use the Radar back then.

I have the feeling, and vaguely recall, that before I knew about shiny Pokemon I'd run into one or two, thought "Oh, the game's glitched up!" and left the battle, heh. Oh well, you live and learn. My cousin once ran into a shiny Tentacool and had no idea it was shiny. Needless to say, he KO'd it.

Now I have all sorts of shinies from the PokeRadar, and a couple of hacked ones which I intend to release. They were just to complete the 'dex. But I digress.
    If anybody would like to trade for one of the shiny Phanpy that I chained yesterday, PM me. Only legit shinies in return though ;)

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2011
    without using my action replay, my first shiny was a Cyndaquil that I hatched from an egg :D

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
    Mine was a shiny starly in diamond. I was just messing around one day, encountered it and then caught it while half asleep.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    My first ever Shiny in DPPt was a Floatzel, but on my current playthrough it was a Shiny Sneasel that I never used and traded to a friend IRL

Last edited:

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    a shiny piplup ...
    but i dont really like them unless i really need them i dont use them at ALLL not even if my game went rubbish and left me with only SHINIES i WOULD START NEW GAME in fact BUT A NEW GAME CARTRIGDE INA DIFFERENT LANGUAGE ... I mean sure it was cool when it ws red gyrados ... But then more more and more of then its just stupid ... ¬_¬ and now people actaully cheat to get them that reallys takes the fun out of it .... i honestly dont like then i realise them or trade them over wifi ... not to my friends ... i dont want them to have odd pokemon ... >_> ^_^ that feels better now i have expressed my feelings

Zerrah.

Mauling with Ursaring
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 15, 2018
    Shiny Weedle. Didn't even know it was Shiny until after I caught it. It now belongs to someone who will probably give it more attention then I ever would...

Miniduffa

Pokeshipper and Proud
    Years
    None on my Pearl or Platinum sadly.

Although, I had the Red Gyarados on Gold, Silver and Crystal.
    A shiny Cleffa from the egg recieved from the Day Care Couple in Crystal.
    And a shiny Machop in Fire Red, which was deleted off my old Platinum game. :(

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
    Years
    My first shiny was an oddish in the original silver version. Incidently, apart from red gyrados, the only other shiny I've iver caught was a shiny oddish in Emerald. Two oddishes! What are the chances?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back