• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your First Shiny

Status
Not open for further replies.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
  • My firsy shiny encounter in Diamond was Graveller, but it exploded, so...
    However, later that same day, I encountered a shiny Machoke and caught it.

On Pearl, my first shiny was Gastly. (My first shiny from the DP series)

Platinum... I don't think I've found any yet.

Haruka of Hoenn

Rolling writer
    Years
  • In Platinum, the first Shiny I got was Baltoy. (In fact, it was the first shiny I got by myself. The other shinies I have were traded :P) I was randomly using the PokeRadar one day, and on the fifth round or so, a shiny patch comes up.

kreechurkid

I like Quagsires 'n' Xatus. :D
    Years
  • I remeber a few months before I caught my shiny, I was mad since I saw so many people with shiny pokemon. While I was running across the grass from Hearthome to Oreburgh (by the Berry Master house) I saw it... a shiny, blue Psyduck! I quickly took out my Garchomp with Flase Swipe and caught it.

After that, I was very happy. I started EV training my hoothoot in the old chateau for a few days. It was the afternoon and I was watching the news when I looked at my DS and BOOM! - a shiny Gastly. It was my Naive personality that didn't see it, and it was too late: my Hoothoot used confusion. Dead. Forever.

After that, I was like, "Okay." I decided to start radaring pokemon and went to the rainy route next to Pastoria to get grimer and I came across Kricketune, except it was gold. That was in September this year, too. I quickly caught it, and it is now a trophy.

The rest of my shiny pokemon are just traded...

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • My first shiny was a slowpoke in my crystal version :D
    but sadly I havent caught a shiny in the DPPt games yet :[

Last edited:

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
    Years
  • mmm i have a violet farfetch´d...jaja when i went to to girl of the pokemon swarms and told meo¿ of the farfetch´d i ran like a crazy to get one and voala, the first was a shiny pkmn jeje, i captured one shiny poliwag in gold version, one shiny pidgey in fire red and this farfetch´d and was randomly jaja

Your First Shiny Your First Shiny Your First Shiny Your First Shiny Your First Shiny Your First Shiny

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    Lol, all you crazy young'ns with your pokeradars n whatnot xD
    Back in my day, you just got lucky =P

I got, like, a crazy story. On my birthday, I caught a shiny duskull, and a shiny linoone =3

Of course, my first was a shiny tentacool...

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2009
    I got a shiny gastrodon. Kind of a shame that it had to be that pokemon though. I've always hated it 'cause it's just so gross looking.

SilverStilletto

~Bubble~Bubble~
    Years
  • me very first shiny ever... Lake of Rage Gyarados in Gold. next... used AR to make all me pokemon shiny, but didnt save with the cheat on coz i dont like how somepokemon look shiny. (so the only shinies ive ever caught were non-AR) so then... the next (and last) one was a ponyta, i think it was between Solaceon and Celestic? between the breeder town and the elder town. no chaining, (havent beaten me replay yet) just random.

Fire Eagle

The Pokemon Legend
    Years
  • My first shiny Pokemon was a shiny Shellos; west. The Pokemon to me was useless since I have a Bibarel to learn Surf.

Giratar

Oops.
    Years
  • In Platinum: My first was a Rhyhorn, then I found a Scyther, and above all, a shiny Uxie. Then while fishing for a Lv.100 Magikarp at the Resort Area, I found a shiny golden Magikarp, which is now a red Gyarados! :D

In Diamond: A Chingling so far....

My very first shiny: A yellow Seaking in FireRed at the Safari Zone, but it doesn't really matter here. Just thought I'd put it here.

Last edited:

Ash987

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • My first shiny was a Mantyke. It hatched from an egg. It was funny because at the time it hatched while I was chaining, I didn't look at it till after my chain died. I looked at all the summary boxes then looked at the picture and just noticed it was a shiny.

Slo

Rival Slo appeared!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2009
    Shiny Ralts with amazing IV's.
    The only shiny I have caught to date but thats just fine because this one is one in a 1,000,000. Still using him in my team.

BahamutH

And iN hoPes oNce aGaiN
    Years
  • what was my first shiny... oh I remember, in fire red a shiny spearrow which I called wind ^^

afterwards I caught no other shiny till my shiny wishcas in platinum...

ultimatelucariotrainer

Psychic Trainer, now with Ice
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2012
    The first shiny i got was off my action replay.... Shiny regirock, getting pissed off at it, now level 100.

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2023
    My first shiny was a turtwig, I Started a new game and picked turtwig for my starter and it was a shiny.
    I have never caught a shiny in the wild, how does the Pokerader chain work is there some kind of pattern or is it just luck, I don't really know how you find shinys, for me it is impossible.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back