• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your First Shiny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I don't remember what I said earlier about my first Shiny, but I finally caught my first shiny in one of the Gen IV games.

Earlier today, while looking for a Buneary (I was in the wrong part of the Eterna Forest, haha), I found a shiny Budew. c: Nearly spazzed when I found it.

Gamefreaked

Evil Genius
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2010
    Ive caught quite a few shinies through my playthroughs of the pokemon games, some of which kinda surprised me. My first shiny was an eevee which hatched out of an egg that I made by accident after i had mistakingly breed an eevee instead of my manaphy (both have the same nickname). I got a shiny Arceus at one of the Nintendo events, I didn't even know you could get one.

TheBigMan0706

Monster hunting Snivy
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2016
    I think my first shiny that i caught (and traded to someone) was a shiny Ghastly. I caught him in Pokemon Diamond, and called him King Boo

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2010
    I have got loads, but today i caught my first :)
    Psyduck, Hardy Nature lvl 6 in Oreburgh Gate Stats : 22/12/11/13/12/13
    it might not be the best Pokemon ever but im still chuffed :)

i have been in there for ages training up my pokes ready for a gym battle
    and then he just appeared and i couldnt believe it :)

trying to find its possible IV, using Metalkids calculator keeps saying that its impossible
    could someone find the IV for me here its its full info :

Pokemon : Psyduck
    Lvl Caught : 6
    Stats : 22/12/11/13/12/13
    Nature : Hardy
    Characteristic : Hates To Lose

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    My first D/P/P shiny was a shiny Squirtle that I hatched.

The first shiny (besides the G/S/C Red Gyarados) that I obtained was a shiny Spinda that I found in Sapphire while EV training.

Kikoia

Self-proclaimed ditz :D
    Years
  • I just got my first evar (caught) shiny today!!! Shiny Larvitar, pokerader chain 12 :D
    I started hyperventailating when I saw the shiny patch :)

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2010
    I can't rememver what my first shiny was, but I know that my second shiny was a buizel.

JadeX

Prince
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    Mine was Shiny Ponyta in Platinum .
    I was like HUH?! There's star and it's in different colour , did I see wrongly ?
    and I captured it and realised it's a shiny pokemon =D

The second one was a smoochun egg which I didn't know it was shiny . It hatched and I deposited it . Then one day , I was releasing my pokemon , i discovered that smoochun was in different colour -.-"

Third one was a few days ago when I tried capturing Giratina in the Platinum storyline which I failed after 3 times ( Giratina killed itself with Struggle 3 times) . Wasted super lots of Ultra ball and it committed suicide !
    The 4th try , it's in a different colour and know what ? I just threw my masterball at it without thinking .

Ballzie

Get your hand off my Pokéballs
    Years
  • I just recently started playing platinum and caught a shiny Nosepass! I was pretty impressed with its IV's as well. ^^

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2010
    I was training my Gyrados in the pokemon haunted mansion in Platinum and I caught a shiny Gastly.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back