• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your First Shiny

Status
Not open for further replies.

michele

☮ & ♥
Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    i have never caught a shiny, and i don't really have any desire to. :]

SkySage2k9

Skymin Sage / Greeter
    Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2012
    My first Shiny was a Bidoof X3 Got it without the Radar too... X3

Kalala

Gunsou
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2018
    I once saw a shiny Zubat... but i was with a partner in that cave under the bicycle road...
    She Made it faint! I cried D:

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2010
    I've never come across a shiny in any pokemon games. I don't like SR'ing as it sort of ruins the surprise element really.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Shiny machoke over at Snowpoint City

I made sure to catch it =]

Sobriquet

Show me the way...
    Years
  • I have a horrible story.

My first and only encountered shiny was a Geodude. I saw it and my heart skipped a beat. However, I was also in a conversation with my sister and I looked a way for a minute. Then without thinking, I ran away. I was like... I. did. not. do. that.

MsHailstorm

Smooth Criminal~
    Years
  • My first was actually a Haunter, I think I used my one Masterball on it because I didn't wanna accidently destroy it with my Lv. 100 Charizard, lol.

humanguy2000

NSMBW hacker
    Years
  • My first shiny was actually Giratina on platinum. Its probably just a glitch because every time I start a new game on platinum I get a shiny giratina. (I only got a not-shiny ONCE! Oh, yeah and I found a red gyarados on lake veretee.)
    (I know the words are odd but I don't care. I'm dead now. || )
    ___

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    im pretty sure it was a shiny abra... one of those 1 out of eight thousand something shinies :D

TundraCanine

Shizuku
    Years
  • I remember In Platinum I found a shiny Houndour.

I looked like this:
    Your First Shiny

Tyros

Professor Walnut: Shiny Expert
    Years
  • Pfff, the first non-Red Gyarados shiny that I ran into in my entire time playing the Pokemon games was a Hariyama in Sapphire.
    It knew Whirlwind. And proceeded to use it.
    I could have cried, although I didn't quite do so.

Soooo, fast forward about three or four years, and nothing more has appeared to me in my many hours of playing. One day, I'm doing research and I come across the chaining method. I try it, and get myself to 40 a couple of times, only to accidentally mix up the chain right around that time, with mis-steps and bad decisions and such. More research later, I ask my friend to suggest a chain. She wants a Hoppip.
    I chain.
    I hit 40.
    Suddenly, I'm swimming in shiny Hoppip. The time between the first 4 or 5 shiny Hoppip were ridiculously fast, like, 3 to 10 resets apiece, perhaps to make up for my horrid luck with Hariyama.

Over the next 4 to 5 months, I proceed to fill my boxes with suggested and self-sought chained shinies, with three and a half boxes filled up with nothing but shinies. I then considered myself a veteran of chaining, in a way.

Fast forward a few more months, maybe six, and HG/SS comes out. I'm playing my HG game, and maybe 5 to 10 hours in, I happen upon some ludicrous luck and a Spinarak appears one night that's a beautiful bright blue. I caught it that instant and proceeded to use it for the rest of the game, even though I almost never use poison or bug types.

This is one of many firsts: The first Pokemon I didn't evolve as I played through the game (I preferred the blue rather than Ariados's colors.) The first non-Red Gyarados shiny I got to raise on my team from near the beginning of the game. It was pretty fantastic. Today, he's at level 54 and growing as I make my way through Kanto.

His name? BlueBeetle.

Alrighty, my epic story is done. :3

- Tyros

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • Your First Shiny

I searched for hours... for a gible. I just got so pissed off, I made my way towards the exit. I was so tired I almost didn't notice, but a shiny zubat (my first, bar Gyarados) had appeared. Cute pink Crobat, btw.

Searching in the wrong cave for a pokemon never felt so good!

valor555

The Only Light in the Deep Sea
    Years
  • in diamond it was a shinx(chaining FTW) but my absolute first was a caterpie in the original silver

Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2015
    I remember my first. Iy was a shiny wurmple in eterna froest. Iwas camping at the time and i felt so lucky. I caught it and now it is a dustox. I also found a shin staravia one ay just out of the blue and it is in my box right now.

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2012
    GSC- My first (besides red Gyarados) was a shiny blue Unown V. I liked it, even though it was rather useless. xD

RSE- A shiny Zigzagoon in my Sapphire version. I randomly found it in the grass, and proceeded to freak out because I didn't know there were shinies in the games still.

Fr/Lg- A shiny Meowth in my LeafGreen- currently a Lv.100 Persian, and a kickass member of my 'Killing the Elite Four over and over again' team. xD

D/P/Pt- Shiny Shinx, encountered right when I started Platinum. I flipped out majorly.

HG/SS- A shiny Lugia I spent 3 days SR'ing for.

~Starry

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back