• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Your Gen VI Shiny Pokémon

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Just when I thought I was doing the Masuda Method wrong and thought of giving up...
    Look at this
    Spoiler:

A Shiny Budew!

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 11, 2014
    I have:
    A shiny Relicanth
    2 Shiny Clamperl (i want gorebyss and huntail but need a trading partner)
    A shiny Basculin (Red stripe)
    A shiny Clauncher (Up for trade offers)
    A Shiny Clawitzer

Years
    Got my first shiny (Snubbull) while chaining Goletts. For a moment, I thought I broke my chain when I saw Snubbull's silhouette but all's good in the end. :)

Mesty

The Joker
    Years
    So I'm new to shinies. Is there a list of Pokemon that can be a shiny and what's the best spot to start looking for them?

Years
    So I'm new to shinies. Is there a list of Pokemon that can be a shiny and what's the best spot to start looking for them?

All Pokemon can be shiny (although some event legendary Pokemon can't be obtained legitimately shiny), and they will randomly appear in the wild.

You can improve your chances of getting one by getting a Pokemon from a different region as yours, for example Japan, and then breeding it with a Pokemon from your region. That way the 'offspring' has a higher chance of hatching shiny.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I got my first shiny ever in any Pokemon game found in the wild today, have a look at her :3 (Pumpkaboo!)

Spoiler:

I also dreamed about finding a shiny two nights ago so yeaaaaa kind of crazy!

Oh and I got her at 99 hours in. XD;

Reactions: Sun

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    Yo Azire! Gz Man! I just found my first shiny also! Spent all day in an Eevee FS and left for 1 min to check someones FS for them. BAM! Shiny Snubbull.

Hey thanks man and congratulations to you!!

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
    Years
    yeah I finally got my shiny Clauncher after 3 days (I also played the game though)! I was thrilled :) on the Road to get this particular shiny pokemon I also caught 3 shiny Horsea, a shiny Relicanth and a shiny Barboach (all these pokemon in less than 30 to 40 chains) ^_^

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2013
    I have caught 3 shinys across all gens. unown in gold, Purrloin in black and Phantump in X.

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    Hehe, wish I had your luck for Shiny Horsea {XD}

Today I got my very first Shiny Pokemon ever! I've been chain fishing for the first time earlier today in Cyllage City for a Shiny Horsea, and of course the Shiny I get is actually a Clauncher in a chain of 22. He looks really, really good though, and at first I thought I got unbelievably lucky with his Adamant nature, because Clawitzer looked like a physical attacker to me. But when I looked at his stats on serebii, turns out he's a special attacker, so I actually got the worst possible nature. I decided to check his IVs too, turns out he has 2-5 in Attack and a solid 27 in Sp. Attack, too bad that his nature is going to screw up his stats. He will forever be known as Thermidor, the unluckiest Shiny Pokemon in the seas of Kalos {XD}

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    Think I may take a break from breeding to chain fish. I've been hearing good things. Breeding is annoying me because eggs are popping up faster than I can hatch. Any of the eggs in my PC could be Shiny. I just don't want to delay getting them. Flamebody is helping but not at the rate I need. I need to look into the O-Power, it's the only one I don't have.

I will look into getting better Rods and fish. See what comes.

Pr3

Years
    I stopped chain fishing because the GTS is now full of shiny chain fishes. Because they are easier to get, their valuable as a shiny is about as much as a Shiny Gyarados in Gen II. I suggest if you're going to chain fish - chain a dratini. Or chain fish for just having a shiny... nothing wrong with that.

Here's my Snub btw:
    Your Gen VI Shiny Pokémon

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2013
    I caught a shiny alomomola

More like a alomonola
    or a alomotrolla
    Since I caught two in a row...

Pokemon, no. All I want is a shiny octillery.

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
    Years
    Hehe, wish I had your luck for Shiny Horsea {XD}

Today I got my very first Shiny Pokemon ever! I've been chain fishing for the first time earlier today in Cyllage City for a Shiny Horsea, and of course the Shiny I get is actually a Clauncher in a chain of 22. He looks really, really good though, and at first I thought I got unbelievably lucky with his Adamant nature, because Clawitzer looked like a physical attacker to me. But when I looked at his stats on serebii, turns out he's a special attacker, so I actually got the worst possible nature. I decided to check his IVs too, turns out he has 2-5 in Attack and a solid 27 in Sp. Attack, too bad that his nature is going to screw up his stats. He will forever be known as Thermidor, the unluckiest Shiny Pokemon in the seas of Kalos {XD}

Aw I feel bad I was actually looking for a Clauncher rather than a Horsea and now I've got 3 shiny of them! >.< actually going to keep them for a shiny horsea, the other Will be shiny seadra and the last a shiny kingdra, since I have this "luck" of attracting alot of shiny Horsea, lets see if i can get You one sometime? :)

Years
    I don't know how you do it, I got a lot of shiny Claunchers, (I've got 3 of them left, the first 3 went to the Gts) but never saw a shiny Horsea.

I also catched two shiny Chinchou and one staryu.

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2014
    I was just checking out a new safari and than this little fella pops out of nowhere on my screen. Unlucky to meet me, I just refilled all my balls.

Spoiler:

Back